Just spent $600 on a blender after impulse buying... feeling a little guilty now. Should I return it?

Just spent $600 on a blender after impulse buying... feeling a little guilty now. Should I return it?

Other urls found in this thread:

thesweethome.com/reviews/best-blender/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

those are dumb, just buy a ninja for 1/6th or fucking magic bullet for 1/12 the cost

Nah. Get rid of that gay "hoist" thing in the background.

yes

I just at BB&B... I was really considering getting this exact model. But I got a BlendTec

I want a blender solely for making some nice smoothies, no fibers in final product welcome.

Can anyone point me to a good one for cheap?

According to the most comprehensive recent testing I've seen, the cheapest blender for smoothies with excellent results in the Cleanblend 1800W model ($200):
thesweethome.com/reviews/best-blender/

God damn you bought the Vitamix, the Ninja is like twice better and more affordable

Thanks mane

>should I return it

Never. Let it display on your counter as a daily reminder of your insolence.

harley pasternak blender

You're paying for a retardedly powerful motor that will be overkill for 99% of what you might throw in there. If that sounds cool to you, keep it.

>the Ninja is like twice better and more affordable

the ninja is a piece of shit compared to the vitamix. this is not an argument. you can look up about 50 youtube videos proving it indisputably. ninja particle size is fucking 3x larger.

Dont put you your finger in it! Blenders are sharp!

Makes hummus

That blender will last your whole life and you could probably even pass it on to your kids. You can literally toss some tomatoes, onion, and stock in there, run it for a few minutes on high, and end up with hot, piping soup. The blade spins so fast it will actually cook the soup.

>The blade spins so fast it will actually cook the soup.

sounds like a great side for my favorite sandwich -- grilled cheese sandwich cooked on the dashboard of my car

>grilled cheese sandwich cooked on the dashboard of my car
kek underated comment

anyways I use my vita mix all the time for protein shakes and topping for overnight oats

I assume you also have a microwave to make the grilled cheese?

HA! You dummy. Those are best for commercial kitchens where I have to puree and blend continuously without the thing overheating. Just return it and buy a ninja.

If you can afford, keep it. Or you can gift it to me!

i own a vitamix 2, its a mixer you will actually use. Its easy to clean, very versatile and lasts ages. If it doesnt mean you have to go hungry for a month, keep it

>bought a 700$ chamber style vacuum sealer
>use it mostly to make pickles
good pickles tho

>buy a thing
>remove it completely from packaging
>'OH GEEZ I KINDA WANT TO RETURN IT FOR NO REASON NOW'
kys

>if you can afford it
It's a decent blender, will last you a while.
>if you cannot afford it
Get a fucking ninja or something for much cheaper

that looks exactly like my old apartment in IL

i got a nutribullet pretty good for the price

>inb4 meme

I fucking love my Vitamix.

Fuck shitty blenders.

Don't return it user. Overkill for the home but that thing will be running in 20 years like it's new. My family's is 16, still works perfectly.

i have my moms still its a great blender. plan to give it to my kids eventually. have a oster also and vitamix blows doors on it.

its a keeper

GET EAR PROTECTION NOW

You could have got a Chinese clone for $200. Or at least the base model Vitamix, maybe refurb. You don't gain power spending more, just some automatic functions that aren't very useful. They're all near the limit of 120 volt 15 amp lines.

They're pretty good once you improvise a suitable tamper. Otherwise I prefer a Vitamix for making thick nicecream and such.

Not even close to the same capability.

yes, its utter bullshit. My $100 food processor is 4x more powerful

This bought a vitamix for the ball and chain. She makes smoothies daily so its worth it. We also have a ninja we got pretty cheap but its garbage in comparison. If you dont use it consistently its a waste of money. Also buy that shit from costco where you can return it for any reason especially when sonething goes wrong.

Your food processor may have more torque, but its total energy output is definitely less. You can't even get double a Vitamix's peak power from a single 120 volt line. I'm frequently stalling and overheating my blenders with stuff that would be effortless in a food processor, but some other foods require more RPM.