Anyone ever order from D'artagnan? Is it worth my time and money...

Anyone ever order from D'artagnan? Is it worth my time and money? I don't live in an area with much access to "exotic" meats.

Trios Petits Cochons is better for most things.

Do they send the meat that d'artagnan does though? Seems like mostly appetizers/sides

I only use them for charcuterie stuff. They aren't a full service purveyor. When I said "most stuff" I was thinking about my own needs, which are mostly along those lines.

Still they seem pretty legit, I might use them for like you said charcuterie and shit

I'm amazed they're making this stuff in the US. It tastes exactly like what you find in France. How often can you say that?

Pretty often.

The notion that you can only get good food in a specific region is incredibly outdated.

Fun show

At the high end I totally agree with you, but the further you get from it the more those regional designations act as a form of quality control.

you wont find anyone that aggrees with you though, people will decide an entire country's cheese output is shit because their only experiance with it is the stuff they serve in a burger joint.

Everyone knows that there are exceptions to the rule, user. I don't feel bad saying that "American cheese is shit" because it's a general statement. Of course there is great cheese here. But it's also a fact that most of it is not.

...And likewise I don't have a problem saying "French cheese is great" even though they have processed crap too.

>american cheese is $6 a pound
>brick cheese is $4 a pound
What do you think we actually buy?
Take this shit elsewhere please.

Most of Europe agrees with me. The problem with America is this
We operate under the assumption that capitalism will give us quality products for reasonable prices. And it doesn't work that way. When it comes to food we get profitable products at cheap prices. And we're already a couple generations into that, so the consumer just assumes food is cheap, and poor quality is normal. When they see the actual cost of better quality food they balk, because it's so much more expensive than what they're used to paying. At which point they start framing an argument that quality is a myth used to get rich people to overpay for the same shit they get for cheap at WalMart. Any attempts to maintain higher standards has to be some combination of elitist, pretentious, anti-capitalist and un-American. Just shut up and eat your American Kobe burger with a glass of California Bordeaux. The fries have truffle oil on them! Look at how fancy you are!

I occasionally buy their duck breasts when I'm in the shitty store and can't be fucked to take the subway to the good store. It's totally fine, I just prefer to buy something more local (although some of their stuff is in fact local, by coincidence rather than design)
I agree with him completely, anyone who will seriously defend American "chablis" has obviously not tasted both.
>durr durr but the blind taste says
No. You haven't tasted both, so stop talking. "I bet" isn't an argument.

>The fries have truffle oil on them! Look at how fancy you are
8/10 should have mentioned the paper cone they were served in

We have artisan cheese makers all over the country, from state to state, East to West and everywhere in between.
Fine cheese from California, Wisconsin and even Vermont.
People and craftsmen who put their heart and soul, sweat and tears into their art.
And that's why I laugh because every single type of "cheese" produced in the USA is objectively fucking shit.
It is all, literally, fucking shit!

>if you acknowledge that ANY bad food exists or ever has existed ANYWHERE within the borders of USA #1 you hate America and have literally never even set foot here. They hate us for our freedom!
Ok

>have literally never even set foot here.
I have set foot in the USA, your "cheese" is objectively fucking shit.

Some people own a passport, Cleetus.

>"
I think you mean ''''''''

>passport
>American
Pick one

The truth is that the artisan cheese available in the US is great. But few Americans buy it because it quickly gets into the $20-$25/lb range, and most of us are used to cheese that's $5/lb. And that cheap stuff, which is most of the cheese produced and sold in the US is shit.

OP here

So the answer my question about whether D'artagnan is worth it or not is that American cheese sucks.

Thanks, Veeky Forums. What would I do without you?

all for one and one for all

For this board I'd consider that a good outcome.

honestly
take your fast food advice to and