Why is technology not yet at the point of getting corpses off Everest...

Why is technology not yet at the point of getting corpses off Everest? I thought Sikorsky invented a high altitude helicopter?

Pic related, the poor dead bastard's used a landmarker for heaven's sake.

It's a money thing. Not a lot of money in recovering Everest corpses.

They serve as valuable reminders that climbing Mt. Everest is stupid.

>people who do things that i do not are stupid
can't you at least try to not be retarded

Good point, so I'll rephrase the question. Why isn't technology at a cost efficient point of getting corpses off Everest? It'd be a good publicity coup for whoever.

Tell it to Nepal, they give zero shits

probably because there's no reason to invent something that flies that high but doesn't leave the atmosphere

I would say that climbing Everest is stupid because it has become something relatively routine that rich fuckers do. There are fucking lines to climb to the last bits to the summit. Sure, it is still dangerous and people die doing it, but the same is true of a ton of other things people do for fun that aren't heralded as some sort of triumph of mankind.

Id take his shit and sell it.

>Why is technology not yet at the point of getting corpses off Everest?

Which will come first? The ability to retrieve the bodies from Everest or the ability to replicate a person's mind digitally through scanning technology like MRIs.

Hear me out. Their bodies are cryogenically frozen. Perfectly preserved for all time, or till they're removed. If we prefect brain scanning and digitizing technology those bodies are perfect candidates. Those lucky bastards who died on Everyest may one day wake up 500 years in the future in a new cyborg body.

Also, cyborg zombie mountain climbers sounds like it should be a movie or something.

You bought into all the memes man. All of them. Fill out your bingo card.

Where would I even start. Ignoring a million potential roadblocks, sufficient resolution brain scanning is far off. Sufficient hardware implementation or biological cloning of a given brain structure is over a century off.

Do you know the problem with cryogenic freezing? Cells die because it happens too slow. I don't think a natural death on a mountain is going to bypass the problems we've had doing it in a controlled environment.

There is no continuity between these clones and their original consciousness, and so they are just that, clones. The same issue arises with quantum teleportation. Too lazy to write paragraphs alluding to contrast with the Ship of Theseus, blah blah.

>Veeky Forums complains helicopters are too expensive and can't fly near mountains
>My hoverbike would be cheap enough for Nepal and small enough to get between the crevasses
>Veeky Forums said helicopters are perfect, can do anything, hoverbikes are useless

>doing stuff that can get you killed just for the thrill of it
>isn't stupid

While your at it, leave all your trash there.

Hoverbikes are completely useless. Lift Efficiency doesn't run on magic or memes.

>Veeky Forums kept on saying hoverbikes are inefficient
>tried to say doesn't matter from a marketing perspective but Veeky Forums was just too autistic
>Eventually point out that actually it is more efficient than a helicopter because the most efficient flying machine is a flying fuel tank and the hoverbike is closest to this
>Veeky Forums autists flee the thread

>Eventually point out that actually it is more efficient than a helicopter because the most efficient flying machine is a flying fuel tank and the hoverbike is closest to this
>Veeky Forums autists flee the thread

No such thing happened, autist.

>the most efficient flying machine is a flying fuel tank
Let's dismiss all variables and look at this in a purely reductionist view. Less is more. Means of propulsion, mode of flight, etc. are all irrelevant.

>It'd be a good publicity coup for whoever.
And with all the money in "publicity coup[s]," it's a wonder no one's bothered to do it.

>Their bodies are cryogenically frozen. Perfectly preserved for all time
Except water expands when frozen so cells containing water cracks open like a bear

You've never climbed a mountain have you fatboi?

Rip brain

Well it's true, lifting a 200 kg helicopter capsule just to carry one person is a waste of fuel when you could lift the same person on a 20 kg carbon fibre hoverbike frame.

Only ones in the states and only to remove faggot trash, boipucci.

>me in front

Those cells will never function again as they're damaged beyond repair, but if locked or frozen in the same state since death then they should still contain memories. The trick is copying those memories and transplanting them into a new body, weather cloned or synthetic/robot.

I'm not a neurologist however so I don't know if memories could even survive the freezing process.

I can see how much thought you've put into hauling corpses back from Everest. You'll just stuff a dude folded in half in each of your saddlebags.

>pay $30000 to climb Everest
>only clean trash
>dont even summit

Why

>implying neurologists know the answer to that

Hell is real

Just put them in a fucking bouncy ball and roll them down the mountain.

clever

What movie is that

If you used a smaller bouncy ball in the center to press bodies against the inner wall, you reduce the corpse-blender effect. This could actually be viable. Kickstarter?

Operation Condor, it is a must-see.

>This could actually be viable

100% viable. The only problem would be getting them into it if they are frozen in a weird way.

Morticians break bones all the time in order to get a body to lay flat. By mangling a few bodies you would be doing them a favor, really.

Do I need to watch part 1 or no?

You may as well because they are all good, but they are like Indiana Jones movies and there's no real tie-ins you need to know.

Ah I see. Well I like Jackie Chan so may as well watch them all

I want this to happen and I want live coverage.

Good call.

Someone's gotta take lead to get this kickstarted and I'm a lazy CS dropout with no management skills. If you want it to happen, it's your turn to make a move here.

They have become monuments of selfishness,just ask there love ones.

I'd tell you to shut the fuck up but you sound interested in rolling their corpses down the mountain, why not support our campaign?

He's actually been missing for a while. They think someone buried him

If you want it that much then do it yourself, you entitled pussy.

Technology is good enough. Its just that the cost-benefit ratio isn't good enough to justify the expenditure.

+1 user. you are the man keep up the good work.

can probably get crowdfunding for that kind of thing, you know

Source?

excuse me, are you the nigger?

If it was their life dream to die on top of mount everest and you ass clowns roll them down then you deserve all the freezing midnight hauntings you gonna get.

>wtfamIreading.jpg
Yeah, those jet plane things turned out to be useless.

The end result would be more stupid fucks trying to climb Everest and getting killed.

All those bodies serve as a warning.

No, he's the mountain of trash.

Everest is a pretty nice tombstone. They shouldn't be complaining.

>injecting cancerous hoverbike posts into every thread you can
literally MLP-tier
kill yourself already you mouthbreathing faggot
reported

>I'm not a neurologist
we figured as much

>There is no continuity between these clones and their original consciousness, and so they are just that, clones.
You fucked up there, mate ("continuity").