Is being on Veeky Forums "reading?"

Is being on Veeky Forums "reading?"

Technically, yes. In the sense you want it to be? No.

could you explain the differences between reading a book and reading a forum?

One's being a lazy piece of shit
One's being a less lazy piece of shit

I'll let you figure out which one's which

I would, but a better question makes of what use my answer is to you.

It is both reading and writing

forums are conversational

same way getting a big mac with diet coke is being on a diet

So are books

If you talk to books, seek immediate medical treatment.

No, the book represents a dialogue between the author and the reader.

Nah, that's bullshit. The author can't hear your thoughts.

it's a onesided conversation

Then it's not a dialogue, it's a monologue.

yes it's reading and writing actually. when I was a teen in the 90s people actually said the Internet saved my generation by tricking us into read and writing on the computer. we used to be mtv zombies then the Internet got us to read and instant messaging got us to write.

Yes, but reading novels expands your worldview and vocabulary. Texting and writing on forums doesn't.

if imageboards and forums are "reading and writing" than watching TV is appreciating fine art.

kill yourself

>but reading novels expands your worldview
why is this a good thing

I liked this exchange

Sorry, but this statement is bullshit

Even forums expand your worldview, because you get to know about other people lifes and thoughts. The only problem is that people here usually do not take enough time to write with dedication, so a book is deeper.

Report, hide and sage these summerfag threads, otherwise they'll just clog up the board and 404 any good discussions

Yeah, which is the worst part. There's some quote somewhere about cutting bad literature out of your life (magazines, newspapers, etc.) as the best way to get yourself to read good literature. It's easy to take a break from reality tv to read a good book but it's a lot harder to take a break from brainlessly reading text messages and Veeky Forums to something of a similar format that actually requires thought