Where i can find information about 4th and 5th dimensions?

Where i can find information about 4th and 5th dimensions?
Well i can see that the 4th is the a three dimensional projection of the cube surface, but i do not understand the 5th.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imaginary_time
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You need to take acid to understand. You will gain an insight into what is truly is. Even then, trying to recall it clearly once you are sober again will be impossible.

so i can explain it to a friend only with both on acid

Imagine being in a point in 3d space, x y, z.
Now imagine another value, say t, which can vary but doesn't affect the other values.

Just like a ball moving around in x, y, z, with t being the temperature of the ball. The ball can heat up or cool down. You have x position, y position, z..., and the current temperature.

Now just imagine that this t value is in fact positional and it goes towards a direction that you can't possibly imagine.

So i can describe it only with math and not with geometry. Then the cube in 4th dimensions is lie.

>towards a direction that you can't possibly imagine.
But you can, you just said it: imagine it gets hotter or cooler depending on its position on the t axis. It could be more red or blue. Or more big or small etc. You can add a lot of dimensions like this.

Helps for a rough graph but wont help you visualize rotations for example.

just keep adding axis through the point (0,0,0,....). project onto that.

our visual system that our imagination works on/with never evolved to see >3 D. Every >3 system is how we imagine we'd perceive it if it were projected onto 3D. Some people are just really gifted with this but they don't actually see 4D, 5D, etc.

now to add to the complexity think about dimensional systems where the dimensional magnitudes vary. in our 3D world 1cm is the same in all directions.

This is the answer that i need. Then if the dimensional magnitude vary the object become distorted?

>Then if the dimensional magnitude vary the object become distorted?
yup, it just gets hard to track at high Ds.

if you wanna see it i'm sorry, but it's literally impossible for you to imagine the 4th dimension without actually seeing a 4-dimensional object.

and that hurts me. i will need acid

or you can invent a machine that excites the 4th dimension to the point where it is visible. if that's possible that is

4th dimension is not a 3 dimensional object inside another 3 dimensional object because that is still on the 3 dimensional plain. a 4th dimensional object exists in multiple places in the 3ed dimension and affecting 1 effects all the others.
2 dimensional object you can rotate like spinning a picture
3 dimensional object you can spin on its access like a cube on a single 2 dimensional plain and all the 2 dimensional plains that it exits spins accordingly. you also have a second accies to work with. spin it the other way and it pops in and out of existence on those 2 dimensional plains
4 dimensional object you spin and suposibly all the object in all of it's seemingly physically separated existence in the 3ed dimension start to spin with out any contact with anything else. basically what you do to the 2ed dimension with the 3ed dimension

4th dimension is time you dummies.

or perhaps it is actually a plain of existence like any other and we only preserve it as time. in which case we could control time

How would time being a "plane", whatever that means since we're not talking about R^2, mean that we could control it?

if the dimension of time can reach out and influence the 3 dimensions we know about, then what is to say that we can't some how influence this 4th dimension. again it would be like moving something purely on a 2 dimensional plain in a 3 dimensional universe. you can influence a lot in the real world if you had complete control over just 2 dimensions. say moving supplies or throwing a projectile off track

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imaginary_time
2 late

congratulations on vaguely reinventing special relativity

Multiple dimensions are not intended to be perceived, but expressed. If string theory, at all, holds true, the labels we give the euclidean dimensions are based entirely on limited perspective.

A "fourth dimension" co-exists with all three you "see" in a simultaneous fashion, intercepting all points as an "additional vector". If one could "see" in such a dimension, he would "see", literally, "through" everything and witness all matter on a plane "touching" everything else, without distance.

didn't study any of this in school so kinda a triumph.

Why must the fourth dimension be time? It can be anything that we want. Furthermore, the first three dimensions need not be what people consider them to be now. They could be stock market prices, number of product, the temperature and the number of people in the world as a fourth dimension.
We can do plenty of maths on dimensions without having to pointlessly name them.

>Why must the fourth dimension be time?

It's not. That is an imprecise idomatic expression. "Time" is not a "dimension", but a product of acceleration.

What the fuck are you even talking about? "Exciting" the 4th dimension?
I'm done with Veeky Forums for today

>That is an imprecise idomatic expression.
Then how did this "time is the fourth dimension" rubbish circulate?

because special relativity is the general public's only known real-world application of a fourth dimension

But saying that it's [math]the[/math] fourth dimension as if it's unique is completely and disgustingly wrong.

absolutely. besides, i'd rather make it index zero lolol.

>now imagine that...
>that you can't possibly imagine
:|
Granted it is impossible to picture it, but there are videos on YouTube that can give you a good glimpse. Granted you gave a decent explanation of the concept.

Try reading "flatlanders"