Hello Veeky Forums. Going to the bar today and was wondering if you have any recommendations for some cocktails...

Hello Veeky Forums. Going to the bar today and was wondering if you have any recommendations for some cocktails? I usually stick to Gin and Tonic but wanted to try something new.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1GW22sAElpE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gin mule. You may have to say it five times unless your bartender is competent. Be sure to enunciate that "n". You do not want a Jim Beam mule. Also:

French 75
Dirty and filthy martinis
Gin and juice

[Favorite liquor] and Ginger

Coke is for plebs

Pina colada) everybody will be impressed.

Long Island iced tea or a mojito

tom collins or vodka collins

moscow mule

Vodka tonic in a lowball glass, 2 cubes, Canada Dry tonic and a 6th slice of lime squeezed all to hell and dropped in. The perfect idiot proof summer drink.

It's still summer so I"d recommend a gimlet with gin or vodka. Your choice. Not too fruity or complicated and is respectable for a guy to drink. I know some of us here will get onto me for that last remark, but deep down we all know it's true.
youtu.be/1GW22sAElpE

Mint julep OP

Trader Vic's Mai Tai
> 30ml of light rum
> 55ml of dark rum
> 30ml of orange curacao
> juice from one lime
> 5ml of orgeat syrup.

vanilla milkshake.

stirred, not shaken.

*shaked

>Gin and juice
Blacks need not apply

*shook

Shunk*

*manila

Not really a drink but I have lately been enjoying the pancake shot immensely. Jameson and butterscotch schnapps, then a sip of orange juice from a separate shot glass. Once you try it you will want one every time you go out. if you like pancakes that is. Also sometimes called the breakfast shot and served with bacon

>Going to the bar today and was wondering if you have any recommendations for some cocktails?

Talk to your bartender. They might have a suggestion for you and if it's not to busy they are happy to help.
But if you want to seem like you know something. I love old fashions and you want to stick with Gin go with a Gimlet.

This is the only manly option.
If the bartender forgets to garnish with a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg then slam the glass down onto the bar, take off your white glove, and use it to slap the bartender across the face.
Women will adore you!

cucumber gimlets are a great refreshing drink

this is my shit

I drink cheap red wines, stouts and vodka straight. Yesterday I had a tom collins and a dry martini for the first time.
Is this what love feels like?

Order a negroni, become the envy of all your friends.

Hi ladies

tom collins is the best bet, if your favorite is a G&T and you're looking for something similar

negronis are a good drink if you like intense flavor

but for me? if i'm in a maximalist mood, i go for "the last word". been a favorite since i was 15 and thought nietzsche had some good ideas.
>gin
>chartreuse
>maraschino liquor
>lotta lime juice

Why are mojitoes considered girly? I make mine half rum, half club soda + sugar + lime + mint

gin fizz
Wow that sounds delicious and will tell everyone I want to have my ass plundered by a large man in the bathroom.

>shrunken. Not wasted.

Last words are dank, Aviations are excellent too and a good entry point for people who have yet to become gin fans. A luxardo cherry in one will seal the deal.

Sidecar

I've never had a fucking gin fizz that looks like that

>dirty martini

7&7
Vodka cranberry

Ask for a 007

brandy & soda with lemon

I'd add a shot of jaeger on the side of that mojito. Solid otherwise.

I used to love a mojito. Now I'm a month sober so I can't.

Opening this thread was a mistake.