Tether stopped printing 2 days before the subpoena news broke

>Stopped out of the blue
>2 days before major news broke
>No relationship to BTC price

It's not a pixel perfect chart but it is accurate and you can easily verify it yourself. The assumption here is they were tipped off 2 days before publication.

Sorry, the news breaks on the 30th, just to be clear. 28th is the day printing stops.

Bitcoin is recovering without new Tether. The tether truthers are on suicide watch. They said Bitcoin would be 0 if Tether stopped printing.

>recovering
>crashes and burns to 6k$
>fake breakout with all time low volume

you will learn soon user.

What? My point is that there is no official explanation why they stopped printing. The commonly repeated nonsense that it is somehow related to BTC price does not hold water.

Not to mention bitfinex's new policy for opening account there... You need to deposit 10k$ minimum to start trading.

Yawn. Got anything better, kid?

Go on. You're implying that it's untrue or that there is a satisfactory explanation. What is it then?

Well Tether & Bitfinex knew about the subpenoas in December because they were the party that was issued with them so..

So no tether printed and yet btc is still going up

TETHER UDDERS BTFO ITS LEGIT TETHER IS LEGIT U JUST SAID TETHER STOP PRINTING N BTC IS GOING , BITFINEXED BTFO SOLD ALL HIS BTC AT 2K KEKEKEK

Did bitfinex ever explain why they stopped printing? It doesn't make any sense, the January-February crash was the period where everyone was tethering up

>there is no official explanation why they stopped printing

Retard, the media is all over it. They had to stop printing so tinfoilers would stop crediting them for the price pumps. Bitcoin doubled without a single new tether. It will continue to pump.

e
x
a
c
t
y

ZERO STATEMENT

media attention. MSM and everyone went full retard and said bitcoin would be 0 without tether.

are you retarded user? "they had to stop" so they was frauding all the way up? nobody real was buying these billions of tethers?

which equals to them being raided at some point, tether collapsing and a multi decade bear market. you admitted it basically yourself

no, it's because they can't get an audit. why they can't get an audit? they are not following AML/KYC, there's probably money laundering involved too.

now how do you defend your retarded theory: "the only thing keeping bitcoin up is new tether" ?

>now how do you defend your retarded theory: "the only thing keeping bitcoin up is new tether" ?

we are at the same fucking levels after they stopped printing? record low volume, whales wash trading and resistance being tested over and over again.

meanwhile we had up to 2b daily volume ALONE ON FINEX when tether was printing.

After the crash to 6k probably a lot of people left tether and moved back into btc, freeing a bunch of tethers for bitfinex to start pumping again without having to print new ones

Bitfinex is trading higher than bitstamp and gdax, with higher volume, while it's had its US banking ties cut a year ago, few real people trading there it's mostly bots and wash trading. So here they are pumping it again, until they won't be able to anymore, and that's when the dance will stop

Also, why did they print such a massive final tranche? Was there any comment or justification? Was anyone asking questions?

Maybe if they knew the subpoena rendered public would put them in the spotlight, they thought if they printed a bunch beforehand then they wouldn't have to afterwards and wouldn't be accused of being the ones to prop the price up every time they print new ones, just my guess

The worst thing would be if everyone tethered up, bitcoin fell to 4k, and they got raided at that point in time. Crypto loses so much money that way.

it was proven that one person manipulating the market drove the price started the bull run above 1k

nobody cares

>whales set aside liquidity in the form of tether before the crash
>crash happens. They aggravate it by setting up walls and market selling at key moments
>little fish get scared and tether up, i.e: they buy the liquidity whales prepared in advance
>that means whales are exchanging their tether for cheap coins
>coins proceed to rise in value
Everything is perfectly coherent, I don't know where is the problem understanding the situation.

There's even an old forum post on bitcointalk of the bitfinex CFO talking about implementing something similar to the MtGox bots that drove the price to 1k with fake money a few years back, they're just doing it on a larger scale now

Stop spamming your bullshit.
Don't you know bitfinex was aware of the subpoena way before the news broke ?
They got it in November. Why didn't they stop printing tether then ?

Stop this FUD, those who belive this shit are retarded.

>Stop spamming your bullshit.
I made this post myself and have posted it once. I didn't realise OC is "spam" now.

>They said Bitcoin would be 0
No one said that numbnuts. Paid shill business is a haven for dipshits.

Except the news was old news and the subpoena was in December. Nice try though

But then why wouldn't smart money be entering the market and hence require more tether be printed.

This is the correct answer.

>fake breakout

> Fuck I hate FIAT and its controlled constantly inflating supply
>Bitcoin crashing? Glad I tehered up, I'll nuy in when they print 1 billion more tethers
???

>Except the news was old news and the subpoena was in December.

This makes absolutely no logical sense. They started printing massively after the subpoena to grab as much money as possible. Stopped after it became public.

To clarify: we buy in with real money, they buy in with fake money. We're competing with a counterfeit operation. They are stealing your money. These dipshits posting in these threads are Bitfinex employees.

So you're telling me you didn't buy the dip and are still a no coiner

I'm just trying to get a picture of the Tether situation. If it looks like they can make it to the end of 2018 that's fine for me.

they still printed even after the subpoena retard

I put the words in big red letters so it would be easy for you to read, but I guess that wasn't enough.
It's nice that you feel you can contribute to the conversation though.