How come nachos aren't as popular as they were 15 to 20 years ago?

How come nachos aren't as popular as they were 15 to 20 years ago?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Hnc72zrH4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they get soggy so you can't eat them with your hands. it's just messy and not as fun as it looks to eat.

not to say i don't eat nachos ever, but when i do, about 1/4 into finishing i start using a fork because the tortilla chips get so soggy.

The technology of hot nacho cheese dispensers was a new novelty back then, that being said you can still find them in most convenience stores and movie theaters

probably due to high def tv now people don't really have to go out to enjoy sports and therefore don't have to buy nachos.

Eat faster or stop using shitty cheese. They're better if you spread them out on a pan. Fuck you if you use a microwave.

I still order them,

it used to be cool because you cot them at the movies and the gas stations and different cheap food carts but then you realize you are eating fried dough with really cheap awful burger cheese
i mean you could get better ones but just eat a fondue if you are willing to go that far for nachos

that doesnt really look good
the guac is processed to a sludge and has that awful green colour that chep store guac has and the meat looks dry, plain and old

i never make nachos and would never use a microwave.

i only eat nachos when i go out because they're a typical appetizer and are cheaper and more filling than a lot of things.

Haven't really seen them much in europe, ever

I mean you can get them at the cinema but they come with little tubs of horrid pre-packaged ''"cheese''" on the side

Granted I don't know know if the real deal is any better, but

Because "good" nachos started to be judged based on the amount of toppings, and so places started dumping more and more and more shit onto them until they turn into a mountain of inedible shit.
Like this:

*correction, I have actually been to mexican restaurants a few times, and I did have nachos there

I meant to say you don't see them here in the fast-food context

Nachos are one of my favorite snacks. Nacho cheese sauce is easy to make, and I can just eat them with storebought tortilla chips or if I'm not feeling lazy fry cut up corn tortillas.

the guacamole is freshly made. living in a place that sells 3 avocados for a dollar I guarantee you dont know what youre talking about. the asada is fine no one needs rare steak on nachos. your opinion has been disregarded.

pico, crema, guacamole, cheese and carne asada..5 toppings..yeah that way too much.
Im sure youd be much more happier with velveeta and some nacho rings from 7-11. tell your mom to pick you ups some.

mmmm...nachos

>guacamole

You Cali/Texas fucks really need to find a different messiah.

>corona light

Bruh

>Cali/Texas fucks
Oh..those are the only places to get guacamole...
I forgot were on Veeky Forums- fast food... THIS might be more your speed.

pic related. baka

Ur just jealous of our avocados

>get guacamole

I am sure you meant avocados. Right?

I actually have a tree in my yard. But even so I don't flood every meal with it as if it was some sort of staple.

Pro-tip: always order nachos with chorizo when possible

>has a fruitless avocado tree

>Willingly turning fresh avocado into that awful paste
Also I'm sure that meat is "fine" lol

Millenials are killing the nacho

I worked in a cinema two years ago and nachos were extremely popular.

Only among middle easterners, though. No fucking clue why.

This man gets it.
Also,
>CHI

>stop topping chips with food I don't like
>nachos were good before the hipsters took over
>hurr

Ah, most of the Spanish placed near me don't even serve chirizo, it's sad.

20 years ago they were novelty. Today most folks realize they're made up corporate bullshit. Wish the same would happen to chicken nuggets.

white people
>aw man, they have the best queso

me (also white)
>You know that's just fucking cheese. It's fancy ethnic sounding name for fucking melting velveta cheese

>yeah, whatever man

The problem with nuggets is that they taste awful, maybe McDonalds and some other brand manages to disguise the disgusting taste and consistency enough plus they are drenched in barbecue sauce but literally anything is better, fried wings, tenders, drumsticks, whole lives, popcorn chicken everything is better than shitty nuggets

well the aspie pleb such as yourself can ask for them to chop the avocado...I understand certain textures disturb derelicts like yourself. maybe ask for the mild sauce as well.

no..we were talking about guac not avocados.

It's literally just some loose toppings over chips. It's designed to be easy to make, easy to eat. I really don't understand any corporate stigma associated with it.

Can you please provide the 15 - 20 years of carefully collected nacho statistics that allow you to make this claim?

No moron I mash it with a fork not bled it for an hour
Your avocado must be really fucking shitty if it needs to go through that to be edible

I dunno OP, but it's funny. I mean it's impossible to make bad Nachos.

I'll eat fucking any nacho - movie theater, 7-11, Taco Bell, uppity Tex-Mex nachos, or any down home cooked nachos.

>smooth paste
>not perfect for aspies

You are very, very wrong user.

quit talking shit about guac, faggot

I say this all the time

>ranting on Veeky Forums about how guac is made

all my keks..

nachos were a late 90s early 00s meme like pimps, and hating on canada.

Steamy

Are you joking? Every restraunt has nachos

FIRE IT UP MAN

Holy fuck i think I know what i'm having for lunch today.

Those jalapeƱos are segregated worse than niggers in the 50's

Because 30 years ago Jay and silent Bob got blaaaaazzzzed, and ate all the good one's

>nachos were a late 90s early 00s meme like pimps, and hating on canada.

lmfao

Haha yeah man you tell them!!! Epic as f*ck

>I really don't understand any corporate stigma associated with it.
There's no such thing as nacho cheese. It was created in a corporate boardroom back at the time when salsa was still exotic to most of the US. Nowadays most folks have access to good tacos, which are easier to eat and better in every way.

Real 'chos comin through.
>no 'penos

'penos are pleb

Say that to my face and not online and see what happens.

man why does Veeky Forums pick the boring shit

don't y'all ever eat out at fun places

Fondue really needs to make a comeback

Haven't ordered nachos is a while but now I want a nacho hat like Homer got.

Ah, the carne asada nachos!!

You must be in Southern Cali??

most of Veeky Forums is flyover or euro and thus has no idea

I think people wisened up to the cheese.

Also, gen-xers (who bought all those nachos 15-20 years ago) got fat and are trying to lose weight.

Nachos were created with shredded cheese in mind though.

It's a bullshit dish. That's my point. It was novel 25 years ago when Mexican food was some great mystery to most of the country, just like egg foo yung was a novelty back when Chinese was exotic. But now it's becoming as much a relic as egg foo yung.

Brahs, wanna hijack the thread and talk about spanish food?

>dish

At least this one tried

Because restaurants moved on to throwing nacho ingredients over fries instead of chips.

top f'ing kek

my dad just got me nachos from am pm :)

Round or triangle chips?

For these i like round. Especially loaded nachos. Feels like they hold stuff better.

Also taco bells nachos use to be way better.

Inflation. I ain't paying 10 dollars for 8 chips and a slight drizzle.

Hadn't heard of them 15 years ago m8
t. UK

they're a waste of chips
you eat the ones with the toppings and whats left is just a layer of plain ol chips

dips have progressed more than nachos have.

>I think people wisened up to the cheese

In my experience...

>comes in a large open topped can
>occasionally covered with aluminum in the fridge
>spends most of the day bubbling on the grill
>develops an orangish crust that has to periodically be skimmed off
>contains an unknown amount of foreign bodies, old fries, crumbs, flies, etc. that will never be recovered

And yet the townie moms will absolutely go to town on this stuff if their kids get cheese fries

Are tortillas chips with industrial cheddar sauce a good idea to get cheap nachos?

>that'll be $19.99 plus tips!

It costs half that at the most

Why are Mexicans so okay with soggy chips? I used to think it meant the restaurant was shit, but apparently I'm in the minority when it comes to it being a downside. I always make sure to make nachos that aren't soggy for a good amount of time

because mexicans have zero standards

youtube.com/watch?v=0Hnc72zrH4A

>you now want nachos

Are these chips you paid money for?

If yes, good money or did you get a "deal?" If the latter, then you got what you paid for.

I know a drywall guy if you want a deal.

>queso
> fancy ethnic sounding name for fucking melting velveta cheese
you mean, the word cheese in spanish?

nachios are the original memetic food

they are superior memes now tho

Ayo ur moms calling saying 2 u, "ay y come ur undies got skidmarks feggit?!" Lmao cant even handle nachos pussyfegit

That style is common in Denver, too.
Would be better with fries.

>not still pimping and hating canada

My brother, that scene always used to make me want nachos back then and still kind of does. Ultimate nacho-kino for sure.

>Live in New York my whole life
>Avocados around $1 each
>Move to Texas
>Expect better quality, cheaper priced avocados because of all the spics
>Literally the same fucking price

What gives? What places have avocados 3/$1?

California

Oh well. At least my cost of living in the center of a major city is still like half of what it would be like in commiefornia.

Or Jew york

Well Manhattan, yeah. I come from a suburb though.

goodness gracious that looks good. oh my gracious me... me goodness.

mexican cuisine is about the only thing they have going on. where I live has a nice Mexican community. they commit no crimes and provide excellent foods.

Carne asada nachos are bomb

I don't each messy shit in public. that shit if for when I can concentrate.

because the simpsons took the nacho meme to its logical extreme

I still love them

I wish I had a way to recreate the movie theater / baseball game nachos experience at home

that's not how you buy nachos, you stand all the chips up vertically, and then you smother them with cheese, that's the only way to eat them

>so much shit piled on the chips that you can't grab a chip without touching toppings and you have to get a fork and now you are just basically eating a taco salad

this is why we have reached peak nacho
gas station tortilla chip + processed cheese nacho best nacho