Who are the contemporary poets that are worth a damn? Are all good poets either dead or about to die?

Who are the contemporary poets that are worth a damn? Are all good poets either dead or about to die?

Pic is Diane Wakoski who wrote,

Will I,
do you suppose,
have my choice
of being deadly
or
dead?

desu, the trendy SJW feminist poets are probably the best. I know that seems like a troll but look at any poetry thread on Veeky Forums and watch yourself cringe. At least they seem to be getting somewhere and people actually enjoy it. Veeky Forums poetry aka white 20's male is just teenage angst balled out with the last poet they read.

can you post some examples?

Care to provide a single example of good poetry in that vein?

>people actually enjoy it

So... You think popularity is a measure of value, and yet you're here? That's some powerful cognitive dissonance, user.

People enjoy Dan Brown too.

ITT Everyone just got fucking baited.

Guaranteed +25 replies, good show sport

There's no point in posting any since you already have a sexist bias towards female poets/writers in the first place. And you wonder why noone likes your shitty poetry. Grow up already.

fuck you, the suggestion was made that there's decent poetry out there, fucking post it. we're on the same side here, don't make it about anything but getting toasted on verse.

The first post was believable, this one is too far. You have a decent grasp of subtlety, just put more effort into exercising it.

On the off chance that you are serious, I suggest taking a break from this website, since it's obviously negatively affecting your attitudes towards people.

Idiot, the second post is more believable. The first one he wrote isn't.

What, no?
The second post is a clear parody

Even if it is everyone here does have a bias towards female writers. Bring up any female writer and watch the chaos unfold. Can't disagree with the state of poetry on Veeky Forums as well. It is corny and terrible.

JH Prynne would be memed as much as McElroy or Gass if Veeky Forums read poetry.

How is that a good poem?

Ok, let me educate you. In the first post, he used the word "SJW" to signal that he himself was not one, just someone who supposedly appreciates their poetry. He then acknowledges that it seems like a troll, and goes on to insult Veeky Forums's poetry, which doesn't seem like bait because Veeky Forums hates nothing more than people who are like them but put effort into things. He also talks shit on people who appear immature, because Veeky Forums loves feeling mature. The whole thing is tailored to look like it's from an average poster who simply has one out-of-the-norm opinion.

In contrast, the second post sounds like an actual SJW, using the word "sexist", and it employs the classic internet feminist technique of saying people who disagree with them are bitter failures. Also, it's overtly hostile whereas the first post was measured and directed its contempt toward an abstract group of people not present in this thread.

It's probably not even the same person, honestly, the tone changed quite a lot.

>corny

Yeah, what a bunch of jive turkeys we are! Seriously, apply yourself. You can do better.

Eugh, you're retarded and the reason why everyone thinks Veeky Forums is pretentious. Stop trying to prove your ego over the internet.

I like how you try to talk down to him like you know more then him but in reality you're replying to a troll that doesn't give a fuck and wants to bait you.

Oh looky here

Nice one.

It's about how if looks could kill, that mug of hers would be the Mao Zedong of faces

>contemporary poets
>worth a damn
That you still think any exist is sad.

It's nothing It's only a little wind
a distinct somewhat discrete approach to the maze
come on keep up the pace
you already won the race
cute baby hamster let's try to make him run in place
Look at the wounds, it's destined to die soon
And the way I see it, we're obligated to eat it
So treat it With grins while it's standing on it's last limbs
Feed it to fatten it up for when the feast begins
I drew the blueprints out on the sidewalk with chalk
So when the rain starts they won't be able to read our plans
And I'm compiling a list of demands
So let me get a show of fists and hands to see who's down with the program
Party over here Free love, free truth, free care Care free
Bring your whole crew affair
Freedom of speech and thought
Scot free Free your mind
Forgot to pack a spine?
Feel free to borrow mine
I'll be the thorn in
the side of drama
Comma
It's cool because we died with honor
Comma
Don't worry honey I ain't goin' hurt you
I'm just trying to strip you of your pride and your gear and your virtue

Not trying to prove anything, simply telling you why you're wrong.

I may be choosing to spend my time in a stupid way, but at least I have basic reading comprehension.

Sounds like a bunch of shuckin' and jivin' hi[ hop nonsense to me.

That's alright, to each their own

If you switched 'poets' with 'art' i would genuinely think i was on /mu/.

This is terrible, who is this?

Slug, from atmosphere. A hip-hop group. He's written some better stuff.

That's dissapointing, i heard they were supposed to be good

Hip-hop isn't meant to be read.

It's a verse from one of their b-side releases from early on. Calm down man, check them out if you're interested.

Noone cares about your "is hip-hop poetry" debate. It's pretentious and stupid.

Neither is poetry, familial

Shut the fuck up

This thread had potential, but the OP's horrid taste ruined it from the start, and then some misandrist autist came along and started shitting it up even further. It'd be best to just make a new thread and start over.

That's why I don't read it.

What will we do now?!!?

Or we could actually discuss poetry and salvage the thread.

>he thinks "nigguh nigguh weed on da streetz" is poetry

Holy shit I hate this. This is the ultimate proot that innumerable adults are just hopelessly locked in perpetual adolescence.

*Tips fedora*

Whether you like it or not, Rappers have inherited the poetic tradition. Shit's real, mang.

And most inheritances, even the grandest, are quickly squandered by wastrel heirs.