I'm six chapters in and my shit-tier sense is tingling. Am I wrong about this book or should I have already dropped it?

I'm six chapters in and my shit-tier sense is tingling. Am I wrong about this book or should I have already dropped it?

>reading YA poo in loo
Why did you ever picked it.

Because 'The Old Man and the Sea' was already loaned out to someone else.

keep reading. I recommend picking up "Eat, Pray, Love" next

nah, the beginning is the worst part. It's pretty good overall

yeah fuck off user, life of pi is a good book
on the other hand, you unironically used the phrase "shit tier" so i suspect you don't actually like anything unless it features in a meme

There's actually nothing wrong with using memes.

Are you retarded? How could the sequence “my shit-tier sense” not be ironical?

WATCH THE MOVIE TI IS BETTER

>Gluttony, false idolatry and lust: how one woman banked mad cash selling contrived authenticity and pseudospirituality to white middle-class women

>>>Gluttony, false idolatry and lust
This is exactly what is the woman. she did not dupe anybody. it is you who think that women are not like you describe the book

Ironic use of memes is exactly the same as unironic use of memes. Memes are sort of an irony compressor: when you use them, the irony becomes invisible.

nice meme

“shit-tier” isn't a “meme”. Do you seriously think this expression was created on Veeky Forums in the last decade? It's like flagging “faggot” or “book” as memes because many people here use these words.

I'm pretty sure it was created on Veeky Forums or at least the internet (since Veeky Forums often steals memes from elsewhere) in the last decade actually

Do you guys even meme?

The beginning is the weakest, the narrative is real neat in the middle, but everything is shifted in light of the ending

I won't call it high literature, but it's an incredibly well done story, comparable to The Usual Suspects

So, it's not just me? The beginning really IS shit? Wonderful.

OK, we can close this thread now and end the meme cancer.

I meme

I have never seen the "...-tier" expression used outside Veeky Forums and various other websites that are in thrall to Veeky Forums (e.g. Reddit).

In the real world, if someone wants to describe something as shit, they just say "it's shit". Nobody bothers saying "it's shit tier".

And is pretty much correct. The beginning of Life of Pi, especially the bit about Pi being so religious that he goes to churches, temples and mosques, even though it is supposed to be satirical, is the worst bit.

Tier lists are a very Veeky Forums thing. They're also dumb and contrived things of which it would take a staggering lack of self awareness to use the phrase to describe literature with.

Not as dumb as green text. I never understood how a board supposedly dedicated to literature could give any credence to users who drop a regular text for a bullet point list with almost no grammar.

okay

>'ironical'

Just read the damn book you fucking retard

Mmmmmm. May-mays. *drools audibly*

MEME TIER LIST

>God Tier
shit tier

>High Tier
God tier, high tier, low tier

>Mid Tier
>Low Tier

>Shit Tier
mid tier

Yann Martel is, in general, an ideas guy that can't string a start-to-end plot together.

Keep going Gaffit, it gets better

This is so meta

>not using Meme Arrows as quoted text markup

>false idolatry
Is there true idolatry?