Books about the narcissist way of life

Any books on how to be more self centered/narcissist?

Other urls found in this thread:

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2012/10/the_story_of_narcissus.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're probably already there like most people in this society

thanks

/thread

>Reading someone else's words on how to love yourself the most

How droll

Notes from the Underground

Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality

oh
this is real

this irony is amusing.

the thread itself is ops solution.

my diary desu

No you fucking phony, stop wanting a mental illness to make yourself feel better about your betaness.

der einzige

The luck off barry lyndon

Can people really learn Narcissism? Seems false to me.

I am a Narcissist through and through myself so I know what it feels like but it seems this sort of vanity can't be learned and the people who - for whatever reason - try to emulate it end up emulating the bad end of Narcissism; the overt and obvious narcissism as opposed to the more subtle and coy side of it.

The overt narcissists just come off as annoying and autistic.

>so narcissistic that he thinks that no one can learn to be as special as him

I don't see how it can be learned. You haven't answered, just meme'd.

>taking yourself this seriously

If you need to read something to validate your love of yourself than you cant be a true narcissist. But again, you probably already are

my twisted world by roger elliot

just to mention that this thread in whole proves how actually poorly read Veeky Forums is

the right answer has all along been The Picture of Dorian Gray

elaborate

seriously??

Literally Lord Henry describes "the boy" as "a narcissus", and Oscar Wilde irl also confirms this.
The mirrors (and pictures tbqh) are also a prominent theme throughout the novel.
Even the non-fiction preface talks about Caliban's rage at seeing/not seeing himself in the mirror.

All that the entire fucking novel is about is how someone becomes a narcissist, and it deals with literally nothing else besides that.

Kudos to you, user, for giving a good answer when op is clearly a pleb fucktard.

Let me stoop down as well and say that Bret Easton Ellis fits the request as well, but I'd recommend Less Than Zero before AP. It's kinda better, but also op would probably come to the conclusion that he needs to murder people if he wants to achieve god-tier narcissism.

I was reading about narcissism yesterday and came across a quote by Oscar Wilde in Dorian Gray. The quote was hatred destroys everything around it, except itself. I had a though that this was what narcissism did. But he who only thinks about himself will destroy himself too, he just won't be able to see it. In those moments of clarity when the realization draw on them and they focus their awareness to the true perception they are obnubilated still. The ultimate obscenity is not caring, not doing something about what you feel, not feeling! Just drawing back and drawing in, becoming narcissistic.

ho shit
2007 pages

The tale of Narcissus tells you everything you need to know about it.

Honestly OP you need to start with the memes

Narcissism is a defense mecanism which occurs when a people hate themselves. You don't want to be a narcissist, trust me.

Would you, worldly and better read anons, agree that des Esseintes (Against the Grain - Huysmans) fits the bill here? He was fully dedicated to himself alone, but narcissist doesn't just mean self-centered, it means one has to like and admire oneself, isn't that correct? Does JdE like himself so much?

Incidentally, I think this is why the Underground Man is a bad example.

> it means one has to like and admire oneself

No it doesn't. In the tale of Narcissus the titular character has never seen his reflection, it is implied that he has also never taken any time to introspect about who he is. When he reaches the pool he is dumbfounded because he is confronted by his own self. At no point in the story is he described as vain or self absorbed, in fact he seems the opposite of self-absorbed. A man with no self awareness.

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2012/10/the_story_of_narcissus.html

this doesnt deserve its own thread so does anyone know a good translation of Metamorphoses?

The last time I spoke to my father, over email, he accused me of being a narcissist and asked me to change my surname and also attached an article of sorts to his email about narcissism from a psychologist who wrote about the subject. If anybody is interested in I will post it here.

do it