What is the most important trait for you (i.e. what do you value the most)? Intelligence?

What is the most important trait for you (i.e. what do you value the most)? Intelligence?

A few years ago, I would have said intelligence.
Now I say open-mindedness, the ability to admit that all people do not think the same way you do, and do not have the same values as you, and their willingness to learn more about it.
Interacting with someone like that makes a lot of things much easier in my opinion.

Compassion and bravery for me.

For me it's loyalty a close second is diligence.

>loyalty
why?

I've been constantly scoring 130-135 on different tests but I don't feel like I'm anything special
that pic looks like it was made by some 130s wanker

also creativity(whatever that means to you) or adaptiveness

this.

Adaptability.
Also the ability to defend your ideas.

It's all about the booty.

>speshul

Empathy.

Kill count

>On the internet no one knows you're a dog

That's shopped tho

What else but the Aristotelian crowning virtue, magnanimity? Particularly as referenced by CS Lewis:

>Without the aid of trained emotions the intellect is powerless against the animal organism. I had sooner play cards against a man who was quite sceptical about ethics, but bred to believe that 'a gentleman does not cheat', than again st an irreproachable moral philosopher who had been brought up among sharpers. In battle it is not syllogisms that will keep the reluctant nerves and muscles to their post in the third hour of the bombardment. The crudest sentimentalism (such as Gaius and Titius would wince at) about a flag or acountry or a regiment will be of more use. We were told it all long ago by Plato. As the king governs by his executive, so Reason in man must rule the mere appetites by means of the 'spirited element'. The head rules the belly through the chest— the seat, as Alanus tells us, of Magnanimity, of emotions organized by trained habit into stable sentiments. The Chest-Magnanimity-Sentiment—these are the indispensable liaison officers between cerebral man and visceral man. It may even be said that it is by this middle element that man is man: for by his intellect he is mere spirit and by his appetite mere animal.

shut up, ur gay

Sense of Humor desu

I like empathy and kindness :)

It really depends on what you want out of life. In general though, and this may not be the correct term for it but regardless, I think "emotional intelligence" or charisma of some kind is the most important trait. There is a reason why virtually 100 % of North Americans know who Steve Jobs is and less than a quarter (I am being very generous here) know who Steve Wozniak is despite both being noted in every biography film that profiled Jobs. Similar reason why Trudeau and Obama became leaders, why it isn't necessarily the smartest graduates who become CEOs or world leaders, why politicians like Jack Layton can be a party survivor and how politicians like Tom Mulcair can literally ruin a party, or why managers tend to be highest paid professionals. It is nice to think that being really skilled in one talent and being proficient in one trait linked to it (e.g. statistical analysis and quantitative thinking) will be the most universally important trait. However humans are social creatures and while being a world authority on say manifolds is impressive, in general it isn't as important as being able to effectively work and interact with others.

When I was a teenager, it was intelligence. But that was before I understood what intelligence really was.

Now, I'd say self-discipline and creativity.

a big booty hoe

Integrity

Tight pussy and big tits. Rare combination

119 masterrace

Just enough to make it, whilst at the same time not being a turboautist. Science requires the majority to be in this cohort because science requires communication, teamwork, and the peer-review process that can only be established by non-turboautsits. Science does occasionally require the turboautist (e.g Newton), but if everyone were 130+ we'd get nowhere as a society.

You're basically fit for social science and nigger history studies with that iq

dick size

for sex: this
for anything else: doesn't matter

nice mental gymnastics to justify your subpar intelligence
>137 iq true masterrace

Social skills are BY FAR the most important skills to have.

Rationality.
The ability to see through our evolved biases and tribalism, and act based on expected consequences rather than gut feelings.

That and not being evil.

RIP Man U

>he thinks he's special with 137
literally the average UC Berkeley student

119 is retard tier

All general problem solving skills necessary to get shit done. Intelligence is a meme, but lack of intelligence will be a barrier. High IQ only makes a difference if it's absurd, and Veeky Forums's self-proclaimed average of 120 is not absurd, even I passed that mark and I'm a fucking moron. Not to mention, the difference it makes varies. You may still have a worthless and unfulfilling life contributing nothing to society.

Their interest in things pertaining to understanding the nature of the universe and obtaining a clear picture of how things work. Ability to resist emotional deduction and the emotional deduction of others.
Ability to love and be affectionate, not being restricted to cultural norms for the display of affection, in touch with instinct yet able to see past it.

>119 is retard tier

And what's your number?

Willpower and determination. Ultimately, this is the only thing that matters.

134 iq master race.
the most important trait is to not be overbearing.laid back people are the best to surround yourself with

funny when physics and other god tier sciences like chemistry dont.

jesus christ man tone it down

the only true answer

Emotionally intelligent people are most likely to except people are trying to do the best with what they've got.

>IQ means I'm smart
Keep telling yourselves that, retards

>strawman greentext means im smart
>i care about whether or not other people consider themselves smart
>i care about whether or not i am considered smart, both by myself and others

disgusting cuck

Health.

Poor health = shit life, no amount of IQ will change that.

Good health = chance at a good life.

Might, if lucky, be able to cure via medicine but very few diseases are curable or treatable currently. Most of modern medicine is just taking away pain which doesn't do much for other symptoms.

If you're smart, you're capable of figuring out to score high on your IQ test using your smartness. Checkmate.

>literally the average UC Berkeley student
There aren't that many people in the world with 137 IQ for it to be average in all UC Berkeley-tier schools. Get out of your basement you pseudo-intellectual cuck.

Diligence and integrity

Secret: Everyone score 135 on online tests.

Shh, don't tell Veeky Forums, you'll break so many hearts.

Loyalty.

Then effectuality.

Then intelligence.

So literally spooks?

>What is the most important trait for you (i.e. what do you value the most)? Intelligence?
The ability to efficiency and fully understand new concepts.
Being good in many subjects and being good in some advanced subject is very important and useful, but in today world the most important is to be able to gasp new concepts and be very flexible.
>You are born with your actual IQ
>It can not be raised by more than 5 points.
Complete bullshit. I have been tested(by doctors/mensa, not online tests) 4 times in various stages of my education and my IQ was growing all this time from around 126 to 135.

"he whose soul is more expansive and struck by the feelings of all others; interested by all that is in nature never to receive an idea unless it evokes a feeling; everything excites him and on which nothing is lost"

1) Logic
2) Humility
3) Intelligence
4) Empathy

This board is for science and math discussion only.

Take your pedophile cartoons back to .

Dispicable misuse of the word pedophile proves you have no biz on this board

I am not on that scale.

Frankly I'd trade IQ for inches of height at a rate of 10 points per inch to be 6 foot tall and still be smart enough to do anything I wanted - and get the chicks.

Experience-intelligence-openmindness
A mix of the three is good.

Intelligence is shit if the person lived like a kid for 25 years. Intelligence is shit if the person can't even express and understand the human mind.

In women?

Attraction towards me, a beautiful face, good smell, thick ass, nice firm boobs, hot legs, sexy feet; in that order.

In men? Depends on the situation...

i hardly value anything these days.
maybe loyalty

>Empathy
this is more like a problem for me
i always feel the bad mood of people therefore making me sad too

>There aren't that many people in the world with 137 IQ

What? 135 IQ is something like the top 1% of the population, even in just the US that's going to be something on the order of 1 million people with an IQ of 135+.

I don't know why all you guys are so worried about IQ.
IQ was developed by a guy who wanted to measure how well children were progressing through the early grades, like kindergarten and shit. It was developed to not have any meaning after a kid turns like 12.

Look it up.

Most people who talk about IQ are not 12 yet

fuck off squid pedo kike

before all this 2007 shit came about I'd have probably said something like "integrity" or "honesty" or "rationality", but honestly in this new social climate all i can really hope for is someone who's not a fag, mutant, bigot, extremist, baiter, memer, shyster, scammer, or child. real value traits don't seem to exist anymore, best you might be able to find is someone who's not a complete degenerate

Is this what Veeky Forums has come to? An image board based off chinese cartoons shunning the very reason for its existence?

fuck off, lanced jack
stay banned

I dislike being smart. It's very lonely and frustrating. I purposely act ignorant, shutting my mouth and shrugging, when interacting in groups of people. It makes them "like me" more.

I think the most important trait is empathy, treating others with dignity, respecting the human being in others, particularly ones different from ourselves. If you only "feel" for people "like you", that, to me, is narcissism. I think narcissism is the beginning of the end of reason.

adaptability?

checked

this
And no one in this site have them

>perfect health, above average IQ, no social skills
likely to commit suicide

LONDON

I hate what you say.

But it's so fucking true.

Honesty. Then intelligence.