Why do people who talk about 'that 137 page book' get banned from Veeky Forums

Why do people who talk about 'that 137 page book' get banned from Veeky Forums

Because its bad prose. Talk about Lanza all you want, you won't get banned

What? Its fucking meme'd here all the time...

Maybe if you talk about it seriously? I dunno... a lot of insecurities on this board.

Go back to /r9k/, frog faggot

>Because its bad prose

Tell me how it is 'bad prose'

Okay, it is devoid of creative energy or any poignant insight. The material is bad, the presentation is bad.

>tell me why it's bad
>well umm its uncreative... oh creativity has nothing to do with prose... umm.. it has no insight.. oh wait.. umm... ITS BAD OK

>I personally don't like Elliot Rodger so I'm going to trash his work

user, you haven't read it. The unfortunate fact for all your feels is it's a good book.
I think they only get banned when they clearly haven't read the book and are talking about random /r9k/ shit, not My Twisted World. Most of those who read the book agree it's a worthwhile work. You're probably just paranoid or incapable of discussing literature.

I'm sure there are riveting discussions about the size of women's labia going on. Or about "Chad" or "Stacy".

m8 if you're not going to talk about the book, fuck off.

>Okay, it is devoid of creative energy or any poignant insight. The material is bad, the presentation is bad.
>why can't I hold all these generalizations.png

>get BTFO
>g-g-go back to /r9k/
Bye Felicia.

I've probably read it too much. It acts like a picture of Dorian Gray for me, apprehending all my ill-will towards others because it is just so childish and shameful and I would rather not resemble the same sort of sentiment.

Okay, I loved the bit about him crying after he saw a more attractive guy with a girl that was out of Elliot's league and the impotent loser resorted to using a watergun to blast them with fruit juice.

As an absurd comedy, it's brilliant. His murdering a bunch of people puts a bit of retroactive a damper on the comedic aspect, though.

Don't be such a prude, that was the funniest part!

Yes, another common comparison is Notes from the Underground for similar reasons, I think.

normies BTFO amirite, fellow robotic friend? :)

BETA UPRISING WHEN

hehe

>he doesn't understand the ending
The rampage was the literary event of the century, you pearl-clutcher.

There is no similarity. The Underground man chooses his pathetic life authentically, Elliot was acting in impotent pathetic and delusional frustration

No, the funniest part is when he sits his mother down to tell her how she's not keeping him in the lifestyle he should be accustomed to. After that, listening to his sister and her bf fuck, or, ice tea jfc just the memory of the iced tea scene made me lose my shit there again XD

>implying the underground man was not frustrated

I just noticed how lopsided his eyes are

Saying its funny trivializes it. I think Elliot Rodger was an idiot with very appetitive preoccupations and a comically solipsistic worldview. Quite frankly the fact that people died for such flimsy ideals and those deaths were insulted by the poor articulation of those ideals in the diary ironically titled a 'manifesto' is hilarious.

This sounds like comedy gold, can you greentext either the mother conversation or the iced tea bit?

Uh, lots of people come on after reading Notes form the Underground and make the traditional post
>I am underground man, what do to stop?
Which is exactly why the user I was responding to says he read it more than once, and why comparisons about the two works cathartic effects are often made [i.e. because they evoke the same audience response]. Learn how to read, it's not a grade school character comparison of "why eliot is so much like underground man".
>delusional frustration only stops eliot from living authentically
Brother, you misunderstood Underground Man, which is babby's first Dosto, who is babby's first Russian. He is a sick man, and he does not want his liver problems to be checked by a doctor in case they are psychosomatic. /spoilered because you couldn't get the subtext of the first three sentences and that might blow your tiny little mind

he chose it himself; Ellicuck didn't

>literary event of the century
lad. I think it's time to stop posting.

there's screen caps of the best bits from when Veeky Forums read it in case the news channels wanted our critique the first night. they didn't. check the archive. it's not really a long book though, and the entire thing is hilarious.

Because it's spammed, is why. No one would really mind one or two threads about it every few weeks or so, but you frogfags made like 5 at a time day in and day out. No one likes obnoxious memery.

Agreed. Why should we just accept the idea that every time someone dies its a tragedy?

>waah waah I'm a huge pleb stop giving opinions I don't like
Go read some Harry Potter.