Gonna walk over to Chinatown for lunch in a few hours. Thinking of getting a pork bun or hand pulled noodles

Gonna walk over to Chinatown for lunch in a few hours. Thinking of getting a pork bun or hand pulled noodles.

Any suggestions?

Those both sound bangin'. Stick with those?

Consider soup dumplings, the temp outside has gone down a bit.

Pork bun or hand pulled noodles

Go for Hunan stuff. If not meat pies then some cozy dumplings.

>Thinking of getting a pork bun or hand pulled noodles
I feel like those should come with a happy ending.

And I'm not talking about the tip.

True, low 70s here today, I'm enjoying not sweating like a pig from biking to work.

Chinese meat pies? Hm, I'm unaware. Sounds interesting

sorry, meant dongbei

Hnnng

Just looked tho and it seems all Dongbei places are in Flushing and not Chinatown, fugg

There used to be one years ago. Closed down around 2005 :(

>walking over to a tourist trap for food
Go to Flushing instead?

Yeah lemme just take a 90 minute round trip to get lunch on my 40 minute break...

90 mins from Manhattan if you're lucky

Lol exactly. More like 2 hours plus 30 minutes to actually eat

Go to east broadway, get a congee or a wonton noodle soup (add some duck/chicken/etc if you're ultra hungry).

Not sure if they're opened today but there's a cart by essex and east broadway that sells fishballs and peanut sauced noodles. It's a little pricey compared to other places that sells that but it's a lot better imo. Also a f trainstation right by.

I'm with this guy. Soup dumplings are delicious.

Ooo I like the sound of this. Is there a particular place on east B'way to get good congee? Honestly never had it before but always been curious

>eating lunch in meme town

NYC? Shanghai cafe for soup dumplings or Bassanova ramen for Green Curry ramen.

Update:

Was on my way to Super Taste (my usual hand pulled spot) when I saw a meme Poke place, called Simple. Got spicy tuna, lots of nice salad greens and avocado.

$10, decent price for the ingredients and it was fresh, but I'm still hungry, picked up a pork bun on the way back to work

Overall 6.5/10, won't be returning

If you mean shanghai cafe deluxe, then I'd rec the tang chu pai gu (sweat vinegar pork chops). So good with rice.

There's like 3-4 places in east broadway alone but my favorite one is new wong or something like that (only remember the Chinese name of it). Their congee is thicker than what people usually prefer.