Why do you all obsess over money rather than happiness?

do you really think money is the answer to happiness? it seems to me to be the exact opposite. it leads to greed. why do you not focus on happiness instead?

Money buys happiness

wrong

Money = Freedom
Freedom = Happiness

because the lack of money is the main source for making my life uncomfortable right now

Money will afford me a higher quality of life which allow me to seek out what makes me happy.

this

because with enough money I wouldn't have to do boring shit like work or study, that would make me happy

I'm not one of those lambo shitters, I wouldn't change my house or car unless I had an excessive amount of money

this is just not true. studies have shown that above the minimum amount needed to provide basic necessities (food, comfortable living, etc) money does not make people happier.

having more money than all people I knew would make me very happy

studies have also shown black people are inherently more likely to be violent

wtf man. sounds like racist bs to me.

you dont understand. it's not about money making you happy directly. but wageslaving makes you truly unhappy and with money you dont have to, s that simple.

wageslaving yes. but that is the point. focusing on fulfilling activities that you enjoy is a better idea. why is wageslaving the only option? why not find a job doing what you love to do even if it doesn't pay a lot?

sorry bud, you can't cherrypick the science you like
either you believe statistics mean junk on the individual level, or you grab a rope and start hanging niggers with the rest of us
glad to have you onboard

Get out. You don’t belong here

/thread

Lets say you go to a job interview and they offer you a desk job that will consume most of your life for the next year, but you will be paid $150,000 minimum if you do a good job, with bonuses up to the millions after a year or two if you keep doing a good job.

Would you take that job OP? Would you take it even if it was very stressful and time consuming? That's basically what crypto is right now.

i already have yuri to make me happy and satisfy my soul
now i only need money

Why do you focus on happiness rather than focusing on having a purpose.

The feeling of meaning and usefulness is the key driver of long term satisfaction.

Money is everything

Whoever says differently is a fucking retard.

Because most /biz gags are beta males who are useless in life and the only choice they have is to make it with crypto by some miracle. And when that doesn't happen they will eventually kill themselves

Shilling on a message board for 10 cents a post isn’t going to make you happy ether

already figured out the whole happiness thing

this money is irrelevant in the long run - i wouldnt care if i lost every penny - but its a fun game

my retirement plan before crypto was go live under a bridge because there was 0 chance of me ever saving enough(made about 10k total savings in my 20's). pretty neat i might actually own a house someday

Yes it's the answer to happiness. Level of happiness is a genetic inheritance, so it depends on the overall happiness over your past generations. Sadly, money will be used to buy myself things to increase my level of happiness. I'm dependent on it now.

i'll worry about being happy when i don't have to worry about money

it's a way to pass the time

Money is certainly the answer to happiness. Not so much in that it gives you the money to buy whatever, but gives you the actual freedom to be able to do what you want with your life and not have to wageslave forever.

Pretty much this, faggot makes these threads daily on Veeky Forums for the past few months now. Absolutely pathetic.

i think a lot of you are missing the point. it's not about wageslaving. it's about finding something you love to do and making enough money to provide security and basic needs but not worrying about anything more than that. what do you all like to do? music? then find a job teaching guitar lessons or working in a music shop. fitness? become a personal trainer. rock climbing? work in a climbing gym.

Because even in a job you love there are some things you dislike, or people you dislike, or some days you feel under the weather and you want to stay home.
You don't want to worry about healthcare because the job you love doesn't pay enough

what would you do if you had enough money to retire? how would you spend your days?

First traveling, learn how to repair cars, build houses, coding, get better at maths, start own business

I agree, Money IS happiness.

>First traveling
start a travel blog
>learn how to repair cars
become a mechanic
>build houses
be an architect, developer, or construction worker
>coding
software engineer
>get better at maths
accounting or statistics
>start own business
exactly
see this is what i mean, there are lots of jobs for these things. the things you would want to do anyway for enjoyment rather than money.

Muh gf just dumped me. Don't give a fuck about money right now. Call me a faggot, faggots.

this can be true, but that's why it's good to find a situation that you do like, regardless of money. there are pros and cons to most things and unhappy people will not magically become happy just because they become rich. the two are completely different

Be gone nigger loving faggot.

>wagecucking in an industry is equivalent to practicing a skill/ hobby in your on time in a self-directed environment

Dude are you serious rn?

Also the recent generations have fallen hard for the 'start your own business' meme. Business ownership introduces ton of stress into your life for negligible reward. Work is a series of chores & whoring yourself out & asking for money, passion for something doesn't change this reality.

Why are you trying to box people in a job or activity? Thet probably have bo time to do the hobbies and activities they love and money is the answer to have more time and less stress overall. Very few people are happy doing only one thing that consumes all their time and life. People are complex and they do not want to be experts on One Thing, but just be happy.

Maybe money can't buy happiness but better to be crying in a warm bed than out on the cold street at night

these posts actually changed my mind somewhat. i will admit that. however i still believe that money is overrated and many of you focus way too much on it rather than more important things

Enjoy the next few months of recurring waves of frustration and anger and jealousy

this has been debunked.

how?

The point is to be able to do all of these things. Seriously try to understand the opposing viewpoint just once man. It’s exceptionally rare that you’ll find a job that satisfies ALL of these things and unfortunately it costs money to educate yourself on these other skills. Specialization is for insects. Are you an insect?

Because the job market is horrible and most people don't really have the connections to truly get the jobs they want.

At a certain point in my life I was piss poor.
I know exactly how much that stuff impacts you. The struggle transfers to every aspect of your life and it severely damages your personality, character, mind and relationships.
I pulled myself out of that but it took years of pain and daily misery.
Now I'm considerably above average rich and it's fucking satisfying to be able to go to sleep not worrying about bills, to be able to afford healthy food and not cheap sugar filled junk food, to be able to pursue a hobby or a sport.
The cherry on the top is the fucking pussy you get, which most of you on this board worry about, and let me tell you that once you reach a certain level you realize that shit is worthless.
I needed to get this off my chest, and I hope it goes through to you, because many here are where I was at the beginning and I wholeheartedly hope someone will be inspired by this and will be willing to fight for themselves and for their own success.

I don't want to deal with all the shits that come with the jobs, that's the point

Why the fuck do people debate this?

Would you be happier with a million dollars? Yes? Okay, now stfu.

how can u be happy when u were born into a dirt poor family?

>The cherry on the top is the fucking pussy you get, which most of you on this board worry about, and let me tell you that once you reach a certain level you realize that shit is worthless.

I thought we, autistic neets were too lazy to chase pussy AND already knew that it was worthless.

lmao this is why i come here. good on you m8

Money is easily quantified. Happiness is not.