Is the head of the fish edible? As in cheeks, brains, etc

Is the head of the fish edible? As in cheeks, brains, etc.

Its my wife's favorite part of the fish.

Anything can be edible if you really want it to be user. Believe in yourself.

I'd feed your wife my fish head, if you know what I mean.

All is edible, all is not something I want to eat.

The cheek is often known as the best part.

Also, on larger fish like salmon, the head has loads of meat.

Work at a fish counter in San Francisco.

Sell the fuck outa salmon heads. Like, we can sell all the heads before the fillets sell. $1.99/pound.

Gooks will slow roast that shit, and eat the entire thing. Eyeballs, cartilage, bones.

samefag.

Here is a pic of her soup of the last fish head she bought.

>cheek is often known as the best part.
This. She goes right for the cheek meat, then the eyes.

Never mind gooks, I thought everyone ate fish cheeks.

So tender.

Fish head curry is fucking amazing. Had a wonderful plate of it in Indonesia. You can eat the cheeks and they are very good. I ate one eye as well, but that has a weird structure and taste. I would stick to the cheeks.

Old uncle was a walleye fishing addict
Fished so much he was always giving filets away to family and friends
But he always cut out and saved the cheeks when cleaning his fish for himself - always.
Don't ask, no you can't have any
I've also heard cheeks from fish referred to as "poor man's lobster" because they are the sweetest meat of the freshwater fish

skate? ray? wtf is that thing?
soup looks good btw

My wife says it is Cá chim trắng. She doesn't know what it is in English.

I mainly have white bass, sometimes tilapia, tried skate once deep fried but the fishie I did not like. Managed to eat one side of the piece then gave up, even with white rice the taste stayed on you mouth

They call them Permits here

Fish eyes are fucking delicious

We serve grouper cheeks at my restaurant. People eat the shit out of them. They are hit and miss for me. I've had them be delicious and a handful of times just not very good

?

its a pompano. not a permit.

the name of the fish that fish head came from is called permit in English, thank you for replying to my question
user below posted a ? question
Permit are a big deal in salt water fly fishing, powerful, fight good due to their flat body profile and ... they get big
But I've never heard of anyone keeping them to eat as a sport fish, really bony I heard
I do recall a really smaller version that looks pretty much the same in profile when I lived on the east coast of planet earth, being called a butterfish in a real "just off the boat" seafood shop, I honestly don't know if they are the same species
Anyway, please tell your wife I want to taste her fish head broth, and suck her cheeks, NOM,MOMMM,NOM,NOMMMMmm, nom.
-and I mean that in a good way 8)

checked

Checked what?
my fishing licenses
my colon cancer, Mr. finger
oar the fact I just paid Mrs. fish head broth a compliment
I would so suck that broth you have no idea
I can only hope she used some lemongrass and chilies. "sigh"

Noted
What's the difference besides the name
I've heard both interchangeably

Yes. Pic related.

I've had fish head stew when I was 10 I think. Wasn't bad.