If the probability of winning the lottery is 1 in 1 million and you play the lottery 1 million times...

If the probability of winning the lottery is 1 in 1 million and you play the lottery 1 million times, what is the probability you win the lottery at least once

1 in 1 million each time, unless the number stay the same.

1, silly.
Simple rathole principle.

1-(999999/1000000)^1000000

1 - ((1 - (1/1000000))^1000000)
so about 63.2%, unless I completely forgot how to into probabilities

'bout 1-e ~ 63%

1 - 1/e, fuck

This is true.

Assume your chance of winning the lottery the first time is 1/n. Then your chance of NOT winning is 1-1/n.

If you do it n times, the chance of not winning any of them is (1-1/n)^n, which quickly approaches 1/e as n gets larger.

So, your chances are about 1-1/e, or 63.2%.

l00%

You add them up, and average them. Still one in a million. Have you never seen who wants to be a millionaire?

>you play the lottery 1 million times

You would lose money in the end even if you won

Not if you won several times.

check mate

if you play 1 000 000 times on the same day, then you played every possible combination so your probability of winning is 1
else it is about .63

1 - (999.999/1.000.000)^1.000000 = 0.632

so 63,2% chance

Binomial distribution my senpai fucking google it

The problem, among others, is that there are no lotteries with odds that good that pay out $1 million.

>there are no lotteries with odds that good that pay out $1 million.
He didn't say anything about the cost of a ticket or the size of the prize.

>If the probability of winning the lottery is 1 in 1 million and you play the lottery 1 million times, what is the probability you win the lottery at least once
It's very different if you play once in each of one million lotteries, or play multiple times in a single lottery. In the latter case, you can't even calculate it without knowing more specifics about how the lottery works.

I bet you started this thread after you read that math fact on Reddit.

bout 50/50

Only correct answer.

There are only 2 options given in this problem, winning after 1 million games, or losing. You either win or you don't, so it is 50% or 50/50.

Everyone else really needs to go back to school.

>quickly approaches
hahaha, no.

Ah, shame the universe doesn't run on common sense.

If you roll a dice 6 times. what's the probability you get six at least once?

If you rape 4 norwegian girls 4 times. what is the probability you will be arrested?

6 is the lightest side (and 1 is the heaviest) so 6 occurs more than any other number

it either happens or it doesn't

(1 - 1/e)*100 = 63.21%

Explain to me, how this is not psuedoscience or trolling.

You cannot quantify chance.

OK. if you flip 2 coins 100 times. How many times you get heads at least in one of the coins.

Have you never heard of probability?

you're probably a faggot.
>not that user

this was on reddit yesterday

you were on reddit yesterday? [spoiler] get out [/spoiler]

epikkk meme

x, where x is an inaccessible cardinal

shit wrong thread

If I have a 1% milk cartridge and only serve 1% what's the probability of only getting 1% of 100% of the remaining

probably

~63.2%

Probability of Veeky Forums doing your homework for you : 1

If I play zero 37 times in roulette what are the chances it will land on 0

I'm from middle east, so 0