What are some books similar to Morrowind?

What are some books similar to Morrowind?

Atlas Shrugged

Why do you keep making this thread?

/thread

Oblivion

how so?

If you like Dark Brotherhood, The Lies of Locke Lamora is an excellent read.

I honestly think its different people, /v/ always names this and planescape as the most 'literary" game

Oblivion, Daggerfall, Arena

well meme'd sir

The TES universe is so huge that you're better off just reading the lore instead. You'll be too addicted once you get to the metaphysical stuff.

Plot wise Dune, but most of the things that make Morrowind good are unique to it's medium

implying that there's anything good and unique to video games

this, if you just wrote the plot of any given vidya down as a novelization it would be throw-away genre trash. Its the visual or gameplay associations that make the game. Look at souls type games. The narrative is in the visuals and hints from items collected, not stuffed down your throat.

The tragedy of the Dwemer Civilization is not accessible in the books as actually seeing the ruins.

No other medium could produce an experience like Crusader Kings 2 at the height of its quality, say Old Gods or immediately after Way of Life.

Pic related for the higher layer

>swords
>magic

I'd suggest Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones.

you can greentext literally any book and make it look bad. you obviously haven't played morrowind or not enough to know that it has a complex world and deep lore

I couldn't penetrate the lessons of Vivec at first read. Are they insightful?

I want children to leave

no, it's vacuous bs

Then make due on fulfilling it by leaving.

You have excellent prose. You should be a writer.

Which metaphysical works were you referring to then?

Meh, it depends on what you're looking for. If you're interested in the concept of CHIM, the godhead, and towers, then it's very fascinating from a lore perspective.

On the other hand, you have to keep in mind that it's also meant to be Vivec's self-masturbatory propaganda to re-write his own history. Some of it is just meant to establish the tribunal as the true gods of Morrowind and shit, so the lessons get muddled by that. If you're looking for an ending to the Morrowind storyline, I'd recommend checking out C0DA.

It's a comic (that hasn't been drawn and probably never will be) that takes a lot of the metaphysical non-sense of TES lore and gives it a... conclusion? I dunno how else to describe it. It's really out there and hard to read because it's meant to go along with images that aren't drawn. The author basically got high on PCP and went apeshit on a weird trip. I love it, but more because of the ideas it represents over any narrative merits it could have. It's really a mess.

It explores an era after a cataclysmic event called landfall where time is broken and no longer linear. It justifies the weird way Bethesda handles "canon" by basically saying there is no canon. In a way, the author made it an open source lore for everyone to explore. Still, the guy doesn't even work for Bethesda anymore but since he has some connections to the in-game lore (even in the most recent games), people just sort of go with it. Even the ones that make the game!

How can video games not have anything unique to them? How can anything not have anything unique to them?

>basically saying there is no canon
That's just an attempt at staying relevant to the old fandom

lol nerd