Why are novels relevent anymore? Video games, movies, and comic books make better stories then novels do...

why are novels relevent anymore? Video games, movies, and comic books make better stories then novels do. Novels are too long and deliver information ineffienctly then better sources of media do. Why do you guys still cling to this long boring crap?

>relevent

>hurr his grammar sucks his arguement must be wrong

wow i thought this was the intelligent board

>video games
adapted from novels

>movies
adapted from novels

>comic books
adapted from novels

if you hate the english language so much why do you type it?

>comic books make better stories

>reading for plot

>is a frogposter

i am so sorry

why were they adapted to better sources of media in the first place?

Fuck off frogposter

to dumb them down to make them palatable to plebs

A Fox one day spied a beautiful bunch of ripe grapes hanging from a vine trained along the branches of a tree. The grapes seemed ready to burst with juice, and the Fox's mouth watered as he gazed longingly at them.

The bunch hung from a high branch, and the Fox had to jump for it. The first time he jumped he missed it by a long way. So he walked off a short distance and took a running leap at it, only to fall short once more. Again and again he tried, but in vain.

Now he sat down and looked at the grapes in disgust.

"What a fool I am," he said. "Here I am wearing myself out to get a bunch of sour grapes that are not worth gaping for."

And off he walked very, very scornfully.

okay now put that in video/comic book format and then you have a true modern art.

kek thats a bad way to explan your exitense!

what did he mean by this?

what literature have you read?

Why are people falling for this obvious bait?

Video games don't have actual stories, only faggots think this and they bring up examples like
>the last of us
>mass effect
Only nobody brings up Mass Effect after the shitfest that was ME3. See, games have inherent disadvantages that books don't have. If you want to write about a green dragon that ruins the realm and how men killed it, you go ahead. All you need is a pencil and paper or a cheap laptop and sit your ass on the beach or some cafe. If you want to do this in a game you need
>tons of money
>tons of people
And whenever something needs to make money they all bring down whatever could be interesting about the story itself. So gamers say games like the last of us have a great story but what is it about, really? The entire game is one long fetch quest with a tag-along kid that talks about
>hurr i've never seen trees before
>i can take care of myself johnny boy
>david no rape plz
The whole game is shooting zombies in the face. That's not a real story, it's just a game. Games can't tell stories. Even RPG games are filled with fetch quests and grinding. All those games and movies are filled with pandering, making them easier and dumber than ever and story doesn't even enter into it. If you wanted to write an actual story, the best way to go is to write a book. Every other medium is inferior to literature for these reasons. 100 years of cinema and what have they accomplished? They write books with titles like "1000 movies you should watch before you die" but only a handful are worth watching.

obligatory

>100 years of cinema and what have they accomplished?
you were almost there until you fucked it up with this

>100 years of cinema and what have they accomplished? They write books with titles like "1000 movies you should watch before you die" but only a handful are worth watching.

lol what the fuck. do really people at Veeky Forums think like this? like the arts are a contest and that "literature" wins?

>grammar

painting/photography wins, followed closely by poetry

The greatest movies I've seen have always been the most famous. You could watch Seven Samurai, Godfather 1 & 2, Blade Runner and drop movies forever and it wouldn't matter. Movies suck as a medium. I know people say "99% sucks for anything" but for movies it's closer to 100% Because it's true. Books have been around forever, other mediums haven't. Movies are just aimed at plebs with nothing better to do.

wow you really know nothing but not in the way Socrates know nothing

Because there is over 4000 years of written material to keep us entertained?

Thanks for your contribution, pleb. Enjoy age of ultron.

>photography

>photography
your tierlist is shit

What about story driven or avant garde games?

i'm talking actual art photography not your uncle's holiday snaps m8

You're ignoring film theorists, conceptual films, movements, everything novels have. Also if you knew novels so good you'd know how they got started.

Such as? Whenever I hear critics talk about some game it's always mediocre. I played SOMA which was cool. Don't think I've ever played any avant garde games.

>too long and deliver information ineffienctly
>implying length and efficiency are marks of artistic quality and not production of goods