Help me cook this duck. Recommendations for spicing this bird up?

Help me cook this duck. Recommendations for spicing this bird up?

Other urls found in this thread:

spoonforkbacon.com/2013/11/maple-balsamic-roasted-duck/
epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/jacquess-skillet-duck-with-parsnips-and-shallots-105471
insearchofheston.com/2015/02/how-to-make-hestons-perfect-peking-duck-recipe-from-in-search-of-perfection/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ib4 frogposters

Ducks are an oily gamey shitfest. Drown it in some god awful flavour and apologize to your dinner guests. It will taste like you urinated in the brine.

Holy shit, bump for shared interest.

I almost got one today except for what the fuck do I do with it.

When in doubt use salt and pepper.

>Shart in mart detected

Whole duck I tend to do with a maple balsamic glaze (pic related). I'll go get the recipe if you want?

Only I score the skin before cooking it to allow as much fat as possible to render out (ducks are very fatty)

Bone it out and sear the skin of breast and legs in a pan, finish off in oven until medium.

ORANGE

D
U
C
K

>that brand name
>that background of the packaging

>I'll go get the recipe if you want?

No thanks, you don't seem like much of a good cook. Anyone else got any ideas?

Sure I'm open to anything. I've not cooked a duck before and this pepe was on special today.

I'll cook it tonight I'm thinking of making sweet potato fries to go with it and just some sweet peas.

Fuck you then, asshole.

Just bake it like a mini turkey, but baste it with butter and rosemary every 20min.

Here you go.
spoonforkbacon.com/2013/11/maple-balsamic-roasted-duck/

Not a fan of the chutney on there, however. Last time I served it with balsamic grapes (red grapes, warmed in a bit of the duck fat, deglaze with water and a couple tbs balsamic. Cook on low until the grapes start breaking down) and a salad.

I also didn't have any tangerines, just lemons work great.

Make sure there's something under the duck so the fat can escape (I've used halved lemons in a pinch when making this with a pyrex baking dish instead of a proper roasting dish).

lol, he is an asshole, and a dumb one

I thought you gave good advice.

Recipe that I've used that's won over my parents, who usually hate duck.
epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/jacquess-skillet-duck-with-parsnips-and-shallots-105471

>Whole duck I tend to do with a maple balsamic glaze (pic related). I'll go get the recipe if you want?

Not OP but please, please give. pls.

see Let me know if you have questions

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

I chop the duck in half, cut the neck off and grill all 3. I love bird neck. I also like to soak it in some lime, cumin and black pepper when its resting off the grill.

you're welcome. Enjoy!

>that brand
Love it

Also good thread can we see your process OP

Show us how you make the Pepe duck

Thanks. About to start cooking.

thx for the rare pepe

Salt and pepper and covered in bush spice. Once I get the fat out of this I'll cook the sweet potato chips in it.

I just want to say that I really appreciate your advice.

dumb duck poster

Aye. Duck turned out rally good as did the chips in duck fat. I didn't realize how different it would be to cut up a duck so I pretty much ended up pulling all the meat off it and serving it. The bush spices ended up being really good.

I just sprinkle paprika on it and roast it. I love duck.

Are you in straya? I saw the pepe duck at woolies the other day

Why are you cooking its dick

Duck sauce is fucking beautiful. I always keep the duck sauce to make another dish.

get some GOOD orange marmalade(with the skin in it) rub it under the skin, season and oven it.

ok. just stick to your tendies.

the necks are great. eat them hot or cold

insearchofheston.com/2015/02/how-to-make-hestons-perfect-peking-duck-recipe-from-in-search-of-perfection/