What is the best dietary approach for improving intelligence and attention span?

What is the best dietary approach for improving intelligence and attention span?

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.scientificamerican.com/mind-guest-blog/the-fat-fueled-brain-unnatural-or-advantageous/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2805706/
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S019566631500152X
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23494579
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3824402/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25382185
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27081117,
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2104877)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Eating 10-60mg of amphetamines daily.

Olives
Olive oil
Feta cheese
Walnuts
More olive oil
Sardines and mackerel
Avocado
More olives
Homemade bread (with non shit flour and no sugar)
Mediterranean and middle eastern spices
Olive oil
Cottage cheese
Onions and garlic
Greek/Turkish coffee (make it yourself. Use this method because it takes patience, which makes sure you don't abuse it)
Did I mention olives and olive oil?

Other fatty vegetables and fruits and nuts
Meat no more than once a week
Fish no more than twice a week

Love and worship the olives and walnuts

Why is fat supposed to be good for you? Got any studies to back up your claims?

Why feta cheese? I love my feta.

Not him but
Perhaps blogs.scientificamerican.com/mind-guest-blog/the-fat-fueled-brain-unnatural-or-advantageous/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2805706/

dont know and im not that guy, but Bulgarian feta is that good shit. creamy as fuck, way better than Greek

tryhards...

> Not trying hard

Not gonna make it brag
If you don't take care of your brain it won't take care of you when you need it

Good source of protein and fat (almost 50-50)
Good calcium and micronutrient contents (especially if you buy sheep/goat rather than cow)
Also good range of fats
Half saturated half unsaturated
Very little trans fats

>Very little trans fats

transphobic fat shaming cis scum pls go

Trans planetary my-sides orbiting memer pls go as well

Activated almonds

I thought that was a given.
>There are people in the year of our Lord 2016 that still don't activate their almonds
Shameful desu

the Veeky Forums sticky is good, just eat less if you're not doing some rigorous strength training routine. unless you are then eat as much chicken and plants as you can.

Good metamemeing anons :^)

bump

How about dark chocolate? I always hear that mentioned as "brain food", is it just a meme?

>eating essentially nothing but fat and grease
>improving intelligence and attention span

Fruit and veggies.
Carbs are good for the brain, it runs on glucose afterall.

/thread

doesn't work forever though...

>Walnuts
Only soaked and roasted. Nuts are trouble otherwise.

>Meat no more than once a week
Fuck that. Eat at least an egg's worth of protein a day. Just avoid any meat that was cooked in vegetable, canola, or sunflower oil. The healthiest ways to cook meat are to stew it or roast it, and to fry thin cuts very lightly with some butter, lard, or coconut oil.

Otherwise a sensible list.
I'd add ginger (fresh or powdered,) salmon, mushrooms, blueberries, spinach, citrus fruits, green or black tea, peppercorns, sea salt (in moderation,) coconut anything but particularly coconut water, red grapes, and I think you understated the importance of olives.

Cholesterol and fish oil are your brain's best friends.

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S019566631500152X

>We recently demonstrated that daily whole egg consumption during moderate carbohydrate restriction leads to greater increases in plasma HDL-cholesterol (HDL-C) and improvements in HDL profiles in metabolic syndrome (MetS) when compared to intake of a yolk-free egg substitute.

>We conclude that coconut fat in the form of CM does not cause a detrimental effect on the lipid profile in the general population and in fact is beneficial due to the decrease in LDL and rise in HDL.

>Significant positive associations were observed between HDL-cholesterol and the Global Composite score, Working Memory, and the MMSE after adjustment for demographic and cardiovascular risk factors. Participants with desirable levels of HDL (≥60 mg/dL) had the highest scores on all cognitive outcomes.

>lecithin tainted with cholesterol has a positive effect on some species of HDL in fatties who can't absorb the cholesterol because their biliary pool is already huge from being fat, not discussed if this is counteracted by detrimental changes like in other HDL species and the HDL->liver step of RCT (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27081117, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2104877)
woah thanks American Egg Board / Egg Nutrition Center for your neutral bias free science

>people given fiber (which is good) plus saturated fat (which is bad) with more of the former masks some of the detriments of the ladder while the authors falsely assume HDL quantity > quality for CVD
holy shit nobel prize worthy

>the intermediate biomarker HDL-C is associated with better cognition without adjusting for apoB particles
therefore anything raising it must be net good for cognition, regardless of any off-target effects? some wishful thinking you got there champ

Have you ever snapped your fingers while raising a single eyebrow?