ITT: 15 year old you's favorite book

Moby-Dick

vurt
city of god
the virgin suicides

i only read comics when i was 15

A Clockwork Orange.

Candide, Romeo and Juliet

is it wrong I still consider these some of my favorites? even though I haven't read them for over 12 years.

i started coming to lit last year (someone linked it on r/books) when i was fifteen and pretty quickly the meme trilogy became my favorite books, so...

You could read them again to decide if you still feel that way.

I don't give a fuck what Veeky Forums says. The Perks of Being a Wallflower is still one of my favorite books. The movie was shit, though.

Sorry user, but you've just said way too much.

what's r books? and why are you so young

I'm open to reading the book, since I have it anyway. Is it cloying and terrible? Will I want to die?

>what's r books

I want r e d d i t to leave. r/books is the book board on r e d d i t. Now go back to r e d d i t you uncultured swine.

Let's be honest. Harry Potter. Probably the 5th one.

catcher in the rye

5th one is my favorite too I think. 3-6 were all marvelous tho.

It's not terrible, and I personally love it, but I can see why some people would think it's sappy or "hipster." Give it a shot. You might walk away surprised.

I really hope your girls because any male that reads harry potter over the age of 9 is a total faggot. or any male that reads harry potter for that matter

Goblet of Fire was my personal favorite. Pretty damn good, tbqh.

some HP Lovecraft collection, probably.

Double doubles kek

I've seen the movie, and make no mistake that I was an arcade fire loving hipster during those halcyon michael cera days, but I'm worried that the parts concerning his family might just be emotionally heavy handed. Idk. Maybe I should just deal w/ it.

The Bible. unironically.

It was Tolkien all day.

I read the series high out of my gord with my girlfriend at the time in my backyard two summers ago when I still lived in Chicago and I regret nothing

faaaaagggggggooooooootttttttt

The parts with his family aren't so heavy-handed in the book as they are in the movie. The sister is about the only one who gets any prominent focus, but not as much as she did in the movie. As for the reveal, that was actually one of my biggest problems with the movie; they hit you over the head with it. It's not like that in the book.

Interview with the vampire.

After that, all was left was poppy brite novels.
Summary of lost souls:
Bisexual trio of vampires run around banging dudes and chicks and knocks a chick up. Vampire must be part black because he bails on the mom.
Kid grows up in Maryland not knowing he's a vampire gets blowjays after school from his gay friend.
Kid gets bored and runs away.
Kid gets picked up by creepy albino preacher guy, has to end up blowing the guy. (Underage head or GTFO)
Gets picked up by a biker, biker shoots him full of heroin.
Wanders off,
Ends up getting picked up by the trio (including dad) in their van, doing drugs and blowing each other.
Meanwhile two bros who are gay for each other keep denying they want to have a flute-fest with one another.
Everyone ends up in New Orleans, two Siamese twin vampires kill an old arcane shopkeeper because they're bored.
Huge fight breaks out. Kid lets the gay bros kill his dad and he bails.
The end.

Shit fucked me up so bad I dug a grave in the forest, laid down in it, had a fap while biting myself, decided vampires were fucking stupid, burned the book in the grave, filled it in, went to play vidya and ended up fingering a chick from the "mathletes".

Fuck vampires

The Picture of dorian grey, or the Time Machine.

Thanks user, wish we could have discussed this three years ago

Dune and the long walk

god I was an idiot.

The communist manifesto

Goblet of Fire is my favorite too. In my opinion the series peaked with GoF and went downhill from there.

But my absolute favorite (more than Harry Potter!) when I was 15 was Lord of the Rings. I'm actually rereading it right now. My copy of Fellowship is pretty beat up from when it got run over by a skateboard. Jesus I really do not miss high school.

Tale of Two Cities,

We read it as a class freshman year for English and my teacher made us all love it. Which is pretty outstanding considering we were tired 15 year olds reading Dicken's at 7:30am. Best teacher I've ever had, very unconventional.

We watched The Dark Knight Rises after and spent a few weeks drawing parallels, /tv/ would have lost its fucking mind.

women in da lake
or any raymond chandler

This or Lolita

i dont think you can ever come back from whatever the fuck you did back then
therapy user...

No, sir. I was. I only wish I were kidding. I justified it by saying it was nostalgia.

This. R*ddit needs to GTFO

A tour de force from start to finish.

>fifteen last year
>underage

MMOOOOODDDSSS!!

>reddit
>16
>meme trilogy

W E W
E
W

This

naked lunch XD

LMAO I jacked off to these books when I was 11

probably infinite jest because I felt like killing myself every day and couldn't be social

Bret Easton Ellis and Kerouac.

Also, Walking Dead, Fables, and DMZ comics.

Ok seriously though. How many people on this site are under 18? I'm turning 20 this month and it really seems like I can find any age between 15 and 50. It seems like this is a place where people of all ages come to bitch about their poor choices.

I am 19 now but I have been here since I was 17 (or maybe even 16, I don't quite remember)

Ulysses. I understand how much of a meme reply that is, but Ulysses really was my gateway to literature. Though it was somewhat unconventional, I have 0 regrets about my backward path into literature.

Either Clockwork Orange or One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I had to read both of them in 10th grade. They were the books that got me out of Stephen King and into lit.

gravity's rainbow
wish i was kidding, was a weirdo

Anything by Pratchett, I think. I read two or three a week.

The Trial. I was always patrician

Pic related.

As it's a topic ITT. I'm 18 now, been on Veeky Forums since I was 12 -- started with /b/ though.

Finnegans Wake

I was an insufferable avant teen who wore black turtlenecks everywhere.

I've been on Veeky Forums since I was 14 but went on Veeky Forums when I was 16 and not much time has elapsed since then

pic

I find it so funny that the large majority of people who read this turn into/stay as insufferable sjw cunts

6 god damn years I've been here

Nine years here. Here forever, etc

Look who it is again, ID Heaven. I'm fed up with your shit faggot. The other day when you called me a newfag, yeah, haven't forgotten about that yet. Fuck you I've been on here for months and probably get on here more than you anyways. Don't you know that you make yourself look like a newfag when you call others newfag? Just because you learned how to hack your name and change it to "Heaven" does not give you the right to disrespect anyone at any time.

Don't you ever fucking reply to my post again.

fuck off to 9gag newfag

harry potter and the deathly hallows

Dude, what the fuck....

I was playing Final Fantasy and jerking to dickgirls when i was 15.

Harry Potter in general desu

This Heaven is the cancer that's killing /b/

When I met my girlfriend we were 16 and this was her favorite book. I wasn't into reading at the time and the first 60 pages were so dull I couldn't carry on

sweet, I joined in the death to cesspool transition

Found this on my sister's bookshelf. She hated it. I actually loved it.

How much do you suppose you understood of it?

Why is this chart using a meme from like 2006 to represent the year 2003?

Probably state of fear by Michael Chriton, or one Dan Brown's books... deception point I think

Probably 1984, not shitposting, i literally worshipped that book when it came out. That or the usual fanfare: A Clockwork Orange, Great Gatsby, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

You should have stayed there. Enjoy your ban.

It's awful. Literally every page made me cringe.

Probably my favorite from that time was Gravity's Rainbow or Moby-Dick, both being part of a large list of books that my parents made me read.

>15 year old you's favorite book

I started Ulysses back then but that was too hard for me.

>tfw I first visited Veeky Forums a year later and felt validated in my love of this book

One of the best books ever written

>I literally worshipped that book when it came out
So you're 80?

Probably this, came out when I was a junior. Before that it was Pet Sematary, I was very into horror novels at the time.

Wizard and Glass