Suggest me a supermarket beer to go buy

Suggest me a supermarket beer to go buy

I like Guinness mainly and haven't tried much else. I've had Budweiser and it's real light and refreshing and goes down easy, I'd consider it again because of how refreshing it is.

Blue Moon is my favorite normal beer.

Actually, it's just a good beer imo. It's light and easy to drink. Opened me up to beer.

Some beer has this weird disgusting sour aftertaste that tastes like bad weed almost. I don't know how to describe it

Carlsberg has it, so does this other one. Anyone know what I'm talking about? How do you avoid this?

I don't know, what does your supermarket have?

The best beer I've ever seen at mine was Franziskaner

FUck it I'm just going to go get the weirdest looking most obscure foreign beer I can find. It's kind of an expensive supermarket I live in a business area. They have lots of shit.

Will report back with results and taste test. Nobody cares I know but I'm bored as can be. lopl

Just for the love of God don't get any Mexican shit.

Dos Equis amber lager is decent, but as a general rule you're correct.

Yuengling is pretty much the only good cheap macro lager you'll find

I decided to be a Pleberino McFaggerino and got Budweiser. I was wrong in my initial estimations of the store, all they had was Mexican shit and hipster "ULTRA HOPS PLUS IPA EXTRA" shit and judging from your comments it seems like a good call that I didn't get any Mexican shit

Off to a bar for some Guinness on tap all alone to get a bit drunk before I sit alone in my room watching TV all night

MDE WP E5 here I come

If your in the midwest try Yuengling.

>starts thread about what beer tastes good and what to drink
>guys I'm gonna go out and buy some new beer I've never tasted b4 on a whim for the experience will report back
>baaa hipsters ruined it
>buys budweiser
>fuck I gotta lube up with some guinness
>r u proud ov me??

You drank two shitty beers you've ALREADYclaimed to have had. And apparently couldn't find something more interesting than bud to drink tonight.

Jesus, take the wheel... This pleb just went TURBO!

IPA is a bit of a meme but that doesn't mean there are no really good beers among IPA's. Well unless you really really hate bitter, but then you probably should stay away from grown up stuff anyway.

I never ended up going to a bar. Too terrified of being around other people

But lmao you're right God this thread ended up retarded. Oh well.

Hey. I'm not mad. I just got disappointed at what I thought was going to be a good 'user does a new thing' thread.

Get out of your element and try some new things, man. Even IPAs. Some are actually really good even if you don't like hops, you'll just never know unless you fucking go for it...

Recommend it. Good hefe. Light and refreshing.

If you have a traders joe it has good prices cuz you can to buy singles. You get them at the six pack price divided by 6...

>that tastes like bad weed almost
light exposure. if its exposed to light in a light-brown, clear, or light-green bottle, it'll degrade and turn weed-smelling. not necessarily bad weed, since really stinky skunk weed can be good as fuck. basically the manufacturers put the beer in a clear-ish bottle for marketing purposes, but it lets too much light in and the beer degrades from light exposure. drink from a can or a dark bottle to avoid this.

Yuengling
Newcastle
Dogfish Head

Not being snobby but Newcastle is pretty dire, it's only as popular as it is in the states due to it being a minor novelty, it's like bigging up Oettinger just because its an import.

This may be the gayest thread ever

Sierra Nevada pale ale.

I just buy Natty or Miller light

Yuengling is now the largest US-based and US-owned brewer (very recently surpassed Boston Beer Company), and their beer is the best non-specialty US beer that tastes decent, is reasonably priced, and is readily available in most places in areas it serves. it's only drawback is that it's still a regional beer and only serves the Eastern third of the US.

Coincidentally, those are also the beers of choice for trolls.

I've found Yuengling in Missouri and Louisiana
Maybe they are branching out?

Oh yes, they have been slowly expanding in recent years. I think Louisiana was added very very recently, actually.

Fat Tire or any New Belgium
Blue Moon
Sierra Nevada
Rogue Dead Guy Ale
Cigar City
Kona
Dogfish Head 60/90min
Funky Buddha
Golden Monkey

All available at your local Publix