What thoughts go through the mind of a transvestite?

If gender is a social construct, then why is it that trannies choose to identify as the other gender? Why don't they opt gender neutral instead? I do not understand how trannies rationally come to that decision. I will be tolerant of them because you have to be tolerant of everyone, but never, will I ever believe they are their non chromosomal sex.

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_integrity_identity_disorder),
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What thoughts go through the mind of a transvestite?
Schizophrenia
/thread

I agree. But this is Veeky Forums you ignorant kike.

I don't mind people wanting to dress like women, but that doesn't make you a woman, it just makes you a man that likes to dress like women. But I don't really get why it always has to be all or nothing, why not mix and match?

I really have to believe some of these people are creating a "struggle" for themselves to feel like they matter when they can't handle the meaninglessness of it all.

retarded non-sci threads like this is exactly why we have

Just to start off, transvestite and tranny are pretty offensive. Not that you care, but I feel I should point this out on the off chance that you're just ignorant.

So, person whose only sibling has GID here:

GID is a mental disorder. As I understand it, every person has their sex (chromosomes) and gender (psychological identification of sex). Gender is important because, lacking DNA technology, an organism must have some kind of innate idea of what sex it is.

In people with GID, that switch is reversed. So your gender does not correspond to your sex. This is mentally agonizing when puberty starts and the person begins developing sex characteristics that do not match their body's idea of what is happening. If you're physically a boy but your brain tells you you're a girl, and you start growing hair and getting a deep voice, you would become revolted by your own body.

>hurr durr but they know what sex they are so why are we playing along with this mental illness
>DUH just look down and see you have a dick or a pussy, it's so simple
That is akin to me telling you to stop being sad after your mom dies in the hope of cheering you up. There is no cure for GID. Maybe there is a cluster of brain matter that we will someday be able to alter to cure it, but as of this tine we treat the symptoms. Hormones are pretty standard, sex change is actually kind of rare.

It's not degeneracy and it's not a sexual fetish. Especially with this bathroom law bullshit, I see a lot of people confusing it with crossdressing. Crossdressing is to GID as talking dirty is to Tourette's, or scatophilia is to colon cancer. It's not a choice. It's a terrifying illness with no cure and an abyssmally high suicide rate. These people should be at the very least pitied, not scorned.

ok if those words are offensive then the fuck should i call 'em?

Transgender

Why the fuck should I care what they are trying to dictate people to say ? Who cares what they call themselves ?

Stems from philosophical deficiencies and deeply buried mental conflict. Playing along helps no one, it's just a way of detaching yourself. Likewise, berating them is equally pointless. If they could be brute forced into reconciliation, it likely would have already happened.

I have little doubt it's all psychological. The idea that our high level idea of "gender" is the same as a hardwired underlying constant you're born with, is delusion. Nothing is intrinsically wrong with these people, they were just born into a sickly culture, have too much time on their hands, and have fallen prey to social feedback loops that offered false answers for the reality of their own nature.

Look up the definitions of 'transvestite' and 'transgender' and get back to me. Hint: they mean very different things and you are misusing them

Aaaaaanyways I'm leaving this b8 thread. If you have more questions about transgender people there are plenty of resources on the web that can help you!

Basically the same reason people don't call your mom "spunk bucket" to your face. Because they don't want to hurt your feelings. You might not care about their feelings but that is the reason.

Saying gender is not a social construct is ridiculous. Without culture, it definitely wouldn't be there.

Besides, you probably realize that the government is social construct, but you still want it there. Just by realizing something is a social construct doesn't mean you disregard it. It just means that you decide what you do with the knowledge that society has cultural components.

A transgender person decides it's possible to hop to a different gender, just like it's possible to become part of a different country. Despite the fact that nationality is a social construct

>transgender person decides
>decides

You cannot decide to have, or not have, a mental illenss

Because our best evidence is that gender is not a social construct it is a mental one. They don't chose there gender any more that most people chose what music they like.

A lot of animals behave differently based on their gender, it obviously isn't a construct of their society. Why would humans be any different.

That's nice of you to still not dislike transsexuals regardless we can leave it there however I'd just like to point out that the chromosome argument doesn't work seeing as XX males and XY females exist. Veeky Forums should know this.

I'll call them whatever the fuck I feel like calling them, thought police

What "consructed" is a social role. Men should do this and that is the social role.
I have no idea why everyone mean by "gender". It's just a justification buzzword for me.

Good point. It's amusing living in a world where people try their hardest to deny reality.

You're oversimplifying, and you don't really have a useful definition of "culture".

Take cats for example. In the wild, cats are relatively solitary, whether male or female. They have large chunks of territory the patrol, defend, and hunt on. However, they will communicate with each other, they will form neutral zones where their territory overlaps, and occasionally if resources are more scarce, population pressure is high, or there are many males, females will form small groups and raise young together. Males are typically indifferent to each other.

And yet... You can have multiple cats live in the same house. Their mental hardware and subsequent dynamics supports it. Even multiple males. It's all about context, history, and resources.

Humans are machines. There is a clustering of certain intrinsic differences between male and female, but what that means on a higher level can vary greatly. By your logic humans are wired to assign women pink, and men blue.

Black science guy did an entire video on this and it was posted on Veeky Forums. Transsexuals are proof that sex is not a social construct because if the gender of your mind is determined at birth then statistically there's going to be some mismatches between it and the child's body and we see this in the 0.2% of the population claiming to have been born into the wrong body.

It's really obvious if you think about it, If you take a a male and task him to act female, even if he agreed to do it and even if everyone else goes along with it he will feel weird as fuck and "not right" indicating his brain isn't wired to act that way.

Ain't no good gonna come from this thread OP.

You hear? You best go on and run back to whatever forum you got ran out of and turn the other cheek, 'f you don't want to get slapped again.

If they're not like you, tell me, what unselfish motive do you have for trying to psychoanalyze a person's faults and fallings?

Better to look the other way and ignore turmoil, if you don't want to open the door to turmoil for yourself that is. Which, if you're making this thread, I would already say you have a habit of doing that.

Atheist, Christian, or agnostic; you make your own bed by what you contribute to it, and your purposes behind it.

What about race? Is race a social contruct too? If I say, for example, i'm wookie?

What is it to be truly "male", what is it to be truly "female". What do these terms even mean. These are questions you've failed to ask yourself, because it's clear you aren't controlling for all the embedded assumptions in what you just said. You can't just grab the last link of someone else's chain and call it "truth", you need the rest of it too.

He never used the word culture. You introduced that.

Female cats make substantially better hunters then male unless the male is neutered. Draw your own conclusions from that

>What is it to be truly "male", what is it to be truly "female". What do these terms even mean
ITT: retard questions

"A culture is a way of life of a group of [Creatures]--the behaviors, beliefs, values, and symbols that they accept"

Whatever culture is it requires a group dynamic to create and enforce some sort of behavior. If a creature doesn't live in a group it can't have a culture.

Bears don't live in groups and yet the males and females behave differently. Same is true for seals and sea turtles.

If gender was a social construct then transgender people wouldn't exist. Note that despite SJWs trying to force it "transracial" has never been a thing throughout history. but transgender has for millenia in every culture. That's because race is a fucking social construct. If you say you feel "white", what you feel like a Russian or an Englishman? They are both completely fucking different in how they act all they share is skin colour. Whereas with gender, females all over the world act in more or less the same way.

But people adopts others social behavior all the time. They just don't call it "transracial"

Did you just compare being a mother to being a transtesticle ? Are you fucking retarded ?

>African American culture = black culture
>Black culture exists
I'm sure doo-rags are all the rage in Tanzania.

Gender is some retarded term SJWtards came up with which means nothing and has no scientific basis. You either have a penis or a vagina, and you don't get to switch back and forth between them.

lol this is very much science buddy

Is this guy the first transnigger?

your forgot the stuff inside the female, like a fucking uterus

Find me the male homologue for that.
(I know there is one but the argument you put forth with you image is equivalent to saying the differences between fish and humans isn't that big because lol look finger bones)

/lgbt/ isn't a science.

Op back, this makes a lot of sense to me. I always thought it must be some sort of mental health issue, though it doesn't appear that way when the media talks about them. It's funny, I never hear them referred to as having a mental illness, yet here is a term for one

Op here, I only read your first sentence because you misunderstood my post. I do believe gender is a social construct, I was saying that if it is, then why don't these people choose to be gender neutral as opposed to the other gender

Okay, I'm going to sleep. I don't know why, I don't know how, but I do know this happens. You're responding to me as though you didn't understand a word I said.

Put bluntly, life is mechanical. Genetics form the baseline. And again, this baseline in a population forms a clustering of underlying traits in either sex. Yes, these are caused by being a given sex. No, they aren't fixed constants in all members of that sex. They are part of a spectrum and only cluster. Culture just throws another layer on top that causes complex dynamics to form based on this.

Take this shithead here, another one who doesn't get it:
What is it to be "male" and "female". We're talking about gender, not sex. If we were talking about sex the answer would be readily available (barring anyone bullshitting about intersex conditions / XYY).

Yes, they would exist. Because for whatever reason their own inclinations and desires differ from the expectations and comfort zone of those in their environment. Instead of just admitting they don't match the norms of their own sex, wanted to be treated differently, want another role, they decide it must be because they ACTUALLY ARE a different sex! It's nonsense. Humans are machines, machines work as they might work. All that's really required is that they work "well enough". As I said above, philosophical deficiency etc. Look into long term follow ups of hormone therapy, or surgery. These people don't typically improve, because they never faced their real problems with a mind for realistic solutions. If you can't accept your body, your only choice is to get over it or die. Unfortunately no one helps them with the former, so the latter is often an eventual end result.

My head hurts. I'm going to sleep.

Fuck all of you.

What unselfish motive do I have? Curiosity

Also I smoke a lot of dope

Male and Female are scientific terms you fucking retarded SJWtard. The english language isn't your playground to change the words as you wish to shove your autism down peoples throats.

You are male if you have a penis, you are a female if you have ovaries. This is why /lgbt/ is the containment board for imbeciles like you who don't know biology 101

Just some more thoughts, I've always thought of transgenders as being delusional in that they refuse to identify with what they were born as (this is literally the definition of transgender). Anyone wanna shed some light on me?

Read and comprehend, then respond. Degenerate scum.

Learn biology 101 before you come here retard. gender is not a subject of science not math nor biology. Stay in your containment board for fucks sake

You believe you know what's going on, but are actually operating in a state of confusion.

You are confused.

Well durr you can't function properly and there's a treatment plan implying illness. The reason why transgender people get defensive when people call them mentally ill is because it's usually done in a derogatory sense i.e "you're a freak that needs to be locked up" but medically yes it is a mental illness.

>they don't match the norms of their own sex,
>want another role
So you're admitting they had a set role and didn't match it? So why are you arguing that there are no such thing as gender roles?
>These people don't typically improve
Yeah hard to improve when everyone is giving you shit about it. And there are plenty of successful trans people.

I think you're just an asshole, you see a bunch of people that disgust you and rather than leaving it at that you had to make up "theories" to attack them with.

transvestite = wearing other gender's clothing
Transgender = surgically altered genitals to look like other gender + hormone treatments
tranny = general term for either of the above terms

now fuck off and get help

gender studies =/= science nor math

stop shitposting so hard with your unscientific garbage and get back to your containment board

you guys are confused. OP hates transsexuals but he also believes that gender isn't a social construct which is why you and the rest of Veeky Forums are arguing with him. He's not from /lgbt/. I am and I'm the one saying that transsexualism is proof that Veeky Forumss views on gender are correct. seeing as if you're born with a male or female mind then occasionally there will be a genetic fuckup that gives you the wrong mind. If gender was a social construct then it could be easily conditioned out of the mind because it was conditioned in in the first place. But no psychiatrists have consistently failed showing that gender is hard wired from birth

If we're being consistent, it absolutely would be classified as a mental disorder. However, the way we treat mental disorders in our society is also completely fucked up. They decided, quite reasonably, that rather than trying to advocate to change the entire way our society views mental disorders, it would probably be a lot more effective to try and get society to accept this specific category as not a mental disorder.

But, I mean, let's accept that it is a psychiatric condition.

Imagine if we could give depressed people a much higher quality of life merely by giving them cheap natural hormones. I don’t think there’s a psychiatrist in the world who wouldn’t celebrate that as one of the biggest mental health advances in a generation. Imagine if we could ameliorate schizophrenia with one safe simple surgery, just snip snip you’re not schizophrenic anymore. Pretty sure that would win all of the Nobel prizes. Imagine that we could make a serious dent in bipolar disorder just by calling people different pronouns. I’m pretty sure the entire mental health field would join together in bludgeoning anybody who refused to do that. We would bludgeon them over the head with big books about the side effects of lithium.

As far as psychiatric treatments go, gender reassignment is *extremely* effective in terms of increasing quality of life.

This isn't a subject of science or mathematics. Continue the discussion on

>"girls" get more attention for existing, therefor
obvious reasons, OP
who wouldn't swap if it was easy?

gender would be phased out if we lasted 100 more years, much like how it was created, by selecting the youngest looking ape to fuck.
We'd be hermaphrodites, and it would be rad for a while

Holy shit mods, why have you not incinerated this thread yet?

>If gender was a social construct then it could be easily conditioned out of the mind because it was conditioned in in the first place

Wait, gender isn't a social construct? You mean that the acceptability of wearing skirts, the expectations of personal grooming and makeup, whether your hair should be long or short, and the expectation that you'll do most of the housework is actually wired into the laws of biology and physics? Wow. Can you post citations?

Next time, look up what "gender" and "social construct" actually mean in the dialect of lefty types. A really large portion of the time where people seem to confidently assert really stupid things is actually caused by them not using the same dialect you are.

prostate

give it a rub sometime

>who wouldn't swap if it was easy?

Most people, actually. Typical-mind fallacy. Many people have a very strong gender identity, where they would be extremely uncomfortable if their body was changed to the opposite gender - even uncomfortable enough to seek gender reassignment.

However, a lot of people are just kind of cis-by-default, in that they have no strong attachment to their particular gender and would totally be fine with switching, and then back, or whatever if they had a magic gender-swap button. They tend to assume everybody thinks like this. (I know I certainly did).

Wow I never thought I would see the day such a thing was written on Veeky Forums

10/10 a rational non-kneejerk viewpoint. All I will add to this is that the inevitable guy would come around saying this implies we should treat body dysmorphia by cutting off their legs. Most retarded comparison ever. That will severely impair you, having breasts and a vagina does not impair you because that is a natural human state. You could hold on to your dumb argument by saying "how can it impair you if you are happy with no legs like a transsexual is happy with no penis?" Even if you are happy with it you can't work, drive, do most things in life because you are handicapped. So I hope that puts that argument to bed.

As this guy has wonderfully put it yeah it's a mental illness but the medical establishment has found an easy cure for it which is very rare in the psychiatric world. The entire problem is caused by society refusing to accept that cure because it offends their sensibilities. So they ostracize and bully the already disturbed patients until they commit suicide then use that as evidence that the treatment is bad! Lunacy!

>So why are you arguing that there are no such thing as gender roles?
I've made no such argument.
>Yeah hard to improve when everyone is giving you shit about it.
Probably. I can understand attempting to talk someone out of going down an avenue you perceive as a mistake, but as a whole its their own deal. They don't exist in a vacuum, but functionally it's best to act as though they do.

>you see a bunch of people that disgust you
I do harbor a form of disgust, but it's no more especially tailored than it is for anyone else. From what I've seen, it's fairly clear my ideas have a degree of accuracy. With the internet, these artificially polarizing feedback loops will only intensify. Don't underestimate group identity.

I went through a period comparable to the "trans" thing when I was 18-20 or so, only I rejected the notion of a body entirely. I became nothing, and anything. No sex, no age, no culture, no history, no future. I thought stripping these things would allow becoming something more fluid, a concept to be tweaked and iterated on. Maybe even revealing an underlying "true self", or a core "I". Some of the things I shaped myself into were distinctly feminine, some masculine, a lot neither. Every me I became was no more me than the others. Though becoming something so "loose" opens you up to distortion, the brain really isn't well suited for it.

The notion of not being able to accept your body and see it as "you" is a psychological problem. That's all it is. There are certain temporal lobe abnormalities that cause similar things, but they don't manifest the way this transgender notion does. Usually results in altered perception of body proportions and limb "ownership". Nonetheless, it's a philosophical problem. These people don't need an echo chamber, and they don't need mindless support structures. They need someone to connect with who has a degree of understanding and intelligence.[...]

Someone to spur them to pick through their framework of reasoning and any underlying elements leading to their higher conclusions. Don't try to tell me that's condescending either. I'm not the one incapable of finding a way to decently function in my environment, and live with myself.

I don't really feel like talking about this. I'm going to sleep. Goodbye, and good luck to your sibling.

ur dum lol

...but the suicide rates after gender reassignment are sky-high

>clothes maketh the gender
Women have been consistently submissive, caring and emotional through the ages transcending whatever they wore at the time.
wew this argument well first of all female to male transsexuals exist second of all more male to female transsexual exist because society puts a higher bar on masculinity. If a girl is a perpetual tomboy most parents won't do anything, if a boy wears dresses all the time most parents will take him to a psychiatrist. Basically number of diagnoses =/= number of cases. We see this same thing with autism and females. Girls can coast on their looks so their autism isn't noticed as much.

First of all it lowers which means the treatment helped. Second of all you haven't proved anything, the hate and ostracism doesn't suddenly disappear after surgery. Your parents still disowned you, your wife still divorced you you're still unemployed, edgelords are still daubing "freak" on your front door.

>I went through a period comparable to the "trans" thing when I was 18-20 or so, only I rejected the notion of a body entirely. I became nothing, and anything. No sex, no age, no culture, no history, no future. I thought stripping these things would allow becoming something more fluid, a concept to be tweaked and iterated on.
This can't be real.

mental illness is a hilarious term anyway

it implies average human behavior of is healthy and a constant, anyone who functions differently probably is broken, like Einstein or the children on amphetamines

It's how it was. Though I'd been headed down a rabbit hole in a few ways for quite some time anyway. It culminated into that sort of detachment.

You got BTFO so you run away like a little baby. We all know you're not going to sleep.
>With the internet, these artificially polarizing feedback loops will only intensify.
You've basically admitted to getting your beliefs from some circlejerk somewhere, probably /pol/
>18-20
Well that's why your teen edge phase had nothing to do with GID. Genuine patients have the feelings from a young age
>These people don't need an echo chamber
Yet you admitted to being the product of an echo chamber yourself

You've just made me hate you even more, your entire shtick is "I became an edgelord at 20, realized it was dumb, heard about transsexuals along the way, assumed them to be edgelords as well, went online, circlejerked my beliefs into confirmation, now I have an imaginary psych degree

>...but the suicide rates after gender reassignment are sky-high

Yes. If suicide rates afterwards are sky-high, suicide rates *before* are in geosynchronous orbit. Being trans sucks.

I don't mind trannies, personally. I just mind trannies who rant about how gender isn't binary, and then go to the ends of the earth trying to fit into the gender binary.

Not gender, but transgender IS the social construct. Trasngender become popular after boom of transex porn form Asia.

How many transgenders outside from Asia and USA, few euoprean countries? Probably near ZERO percent!

It's no more broken of an idea than non-mental illness.
At the end of the day, the goal has to be to improve people's quality of life. Worrying about whether they meet some kind of objective standard of health isn't actually productive.

"Gender" actually means a shitload of different things, some of which are binary and some of which aren't. It turns out that English sucks, biology's complicated and psychology is almost nightmarish.

>You got BTFO so you run away like a little baby. We all know you're not going to sleep.
It's 9pm here. I got up at 5am after sleeping 4 hours. It won't be immediate, but it ought to be soon.

>You've basically admitted to getting your beliefs from some circlejerk somewhere
When / how.

>Well that's why your teen edge phase had nothing to do with GID.
Wasn't edge at all, and yes, it is an apt comparison. I'd had difficulty with the notion of identity "from a young age".

>Yet you admitted to being the product of an echo chamber yourself
When.

>It's super complicated and I can't explain why but take my word for it: I'm not completely full of shit.

>Trasngender become popular after X
It's funny the number of people who buy into media hype
Anyway a quick destruction of your ultra stupid argument is that Iran carries out one of the highest number of gender reassignment surgeries in the world. No porn there.

yeah lets just pretend the extreme social stigma against homosexuality there isnt a thing

Except the system in Iran is even more fucked up than it is in the west, because gay non-transgenders regularly undertake the surgery anyway because being gay in Iran will probably result in your murder

>How many transgenders outside from Asia and USA, few euoprean countries? Probably near ZERO percent!

Well, yes. It's "near zero" percent in those countries as well.

Gender means male or female. It's really funny how you are trying to use SJW arguments to prove transsexuals are bad. At least if you had come here with some /pol/-tier arguments Veeky Forums may have supported you, but no you are such a mongoloid that you managed to get a bunch of people who share your hatred for transsexuals to dislike you. All you have done is strengthen my claim to Veeky Forums that transsexualism is a legit condition. Thanks I guess.

But they have legit transgenders which is why the Ayatollah mandated it in the first place.
Ok Brazil. Everyone is poor as fuck, I doubt many had a computer or internet access until recently. Yet transsexuals are rife in the favelas. Anyway my point is that there are loads of other nations largely unconnected to Western media that has a significant transgender population. India and their Hijira for example. It's not caused by porn.

Nobody has ever said transsexualism wasn't a "legit condition". I mean, some guy says to you "I think I'm a girl". What, is somebody saying "no you don't."?

Of course it's a real condition. The disagreement is between people who think "I think I'm a girl despite having a penis" means you're a girl and people who think it means you're delusional and need psychological help.

I'm not quite sure why you want me to try giving a rigorous description of this shit - it's hard, and it's not my area of expertise. There's plenty of places online that do a better job of this.

As far as I understand it, there are five different major things going on:
Culture
Psychology
Anatomy
Hormones
Genetics
Trans*ness is a group of categories that are used to describe individuals where those properties aren't in agreement. Some of those properties are binary (such as genetics), some of them aren't. Does that work as a description for you?

>Gender means male or female.
As far as definitions go, that's unhelpful in the extreme. There are multiple different criteria used in different places for "male" and "female".

> It's really funny how you are trying to use SJW arguments to prove transsexuals are bad.
I'm not though?

>All you have done is strengthen my claim to Veeky Forums that transsexualism is a legit condition.
Thats... not something I was trying to argue against.
Maybe I'm not being clear enough?

>missing the analogy this bad
Jesus, wasn't they implying that, they were simply trying to compare it to something the twats in this thread will get

>people who think it means you're delusional and need psychological help.

Of course it does. It's a condition where there is a conflict between bodily reality and what your brain insists to be true; this is the definition of delusion, and it causes quite a bit of distress. The purpose of psychiatric help is to relieve that distress.

You'll note that there's two ways of resolving that. As it turns out, it's actually really easy and effective to just alter reality to fit what their brain insists to be true. And why not? There's nothing that morally binds you to the particular shape you were born into, and the fact that the body you were born with maps to exactly one of two categories in society is a bit arbitrary and ridiculous anyway. The purpose of psychiatric help is to relieve distress and help people live better, more functional lives; not to enforce ontological standards.

>The disagreement is between people who think "I think I'm a girl despite having a penis" means you're a girl and people who think it means you're delusional and need psychological help.
Legit condition as in they are not delusional, they really do have the mind of the gender they are claiming to be.

>transgender thread
>it devolves into a war between tumblr invaders and /pol/ leakage
has it ever been otherwise

> It's a condition where there is a conflict between bodily reality and what your brain insists to be true; this is the definition of delusion,
It's not really though: Transgender people are perfectly aware what their physical sex is - it just don't match their mental image of how it ought to be.

>The purpose of psychiatric help is to relieve distress and help people live better, more functional lives; not to enforce ontological standards.
YES. I am amazed at the number of people who miss this.

>As far as definitions go, that's unhelpful in the extreme. There are multiple different criteria used in different places for "male" and "female".
That's retarded take a woman in a suit anywhere on the planet and she will be identified as a woman regardless of her dress
So you're saying they are delusional but the treatment is pragmatic? Fair enough I guess. I don't think they are delusional, I think the mismatch is possible based on other DNA fuckups that we know of. Furthermore if a "male mind" exists then it's purely a collection of thoughts and feelings because that's what a mind is. Therefore if someone says they have the thoughts and feelings of a man then they must have the mind of a man no? In other words you can't be delusional about your mind because how the mind feels, the mind is

Put it this way if an adult permanently and involuntarily acts like a child due to some brain injury or something, what do we say? That that adult has the mind of a child. If that person says they feel like a 12 year old we aren't going to say they are delusional because their inability to perform as an adult has shown it.

This is actually the best gender bait thread I've ever seen. Actual medical arguments and not bible belt-tier arguments

That would be a viable opinion if there weren't structural differences between male and female brains, and nothing as yet indicating faulty composition or expression of a sex chromosome in "transgender" people.

For some reason you're stuck on the idea that they must in some way "be" the other sex. That their brain must just not "match" their body. Why must this be the case? Why can't they just be people with traits that lead to drives and behaviors outside the norms of their culture?

Another example is schizophrenia. They say they have two separate minds. We could say "no you're delusional humans can only have one mind" however we don't do this we accept that they really have two minds because if you experience two minds you must have two minds.

>. Yet transsexuals are rife in the favelas.
For fucking same reason why there is many transexuals in thailand. For sex industry obviously

>rthermore if a "male mind" exists then it's purely a collection of thoughts and feelings because that's what a mind is. Therefore if someone says they have the thoughts and feelings of a man then they must have the mind of a man no? In other words you can't be delusional about your mind because how the mind feels, the mind is

Well, I don't know about that. We know the brain has an actual neurological map of the body in it, and that when the body doesn't match up to the map, you get weird issues and discomfort; if you're missing bits your brain is convinced you ought to have, you get things like phantom limb disorders; if you have bits your brain insists you shouldn't have, that part of your body feels violently alien and revolting. (This is thought to be the cause of BIID, a condition remarkably similar to gender dysphoria in which somebody desperately desires to be an amputee or otherwise lose the use of a functional body part, and feel they would be much happier if this were so. They're usually right, too.)

Considering how much complexity is bound up in brain development and sex determination, it would not surprise me at all if that body map included sex.

>That's retarded take a woman in a suit anywhere on the planet and she will be identified as a woman regardless of her dress
In most places she'll be considered "a women wearing a man's clothes". The clothing is definitely seen as gendered "gendered", and the mismatch between the wearer and the clothing will be considered unusual. This isn't contradicting what I said at all.

>Another example is schizophrenia. They say they have two separate minds.
That's not actually how schizophrenia works.

Schizophrenia can work in just about any way you can imagine, and it's irrelevant to the point he's making.

What if some guy is brought who says "I'm Jesus"? Do well tell him "yep, you're Jesus, go preach on the street"?
What if he says "everyone is watching me"?

The point is that literally no other mental disorder is treated by accepting the faulty thoughts as valid.

Then if you have two minds, what is it that's experiencing them?

This is why you don't rely strictly on semantic reasoning and abstraction. You need to have a meaningful ontological baseline, else your framework for reasoning is a useless haze.

Yep. Transgenders are basically socially constructed sex toys for male pleasure.

They can also be that. People are complicated, and "not comfortable with their gender assigned at birth" is a *way* less consistent category than "comfortable with gender assigned at birth." All happy families are alike; all unhappy families are unhappy in their own way.

However, there's frequently also strong feelings of physical dysphoria involved, and there's reason to believe that might be neurological - see BIID, for instance (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_integrity_identity_disorder), which is thought to possibly have something to do with the brain's internal map of the body, and seems to be similar.

There has been studies showing that transgender brain structure correspond to their perceived gender

>Why can't they just be people with traits that lead to drives and behaviors outside the norms of their culture?
You can't satisfy your mind simply by acting another way. You must look the part as well. Gender dysphoria is mostly a physical thing which is what a lot of people seem to miss. They think it's all a desire to wear a skirt so they say "hurr men used to wear skirts too!"

>The point is that literally no other mental disorder is treated by accepting the faulty thoughts as valid.
Again - Transgenderism isn't "faulty thoughts": trans people are well well aware of what their body looks like. Transgenderism is a type of dysphoria, not a delusion.

>What if some guy is brought who says "I'm Jesus"? Do well tell him "yep, you're Jesus, go preach on the street"?
>What if he says "everyone is watching me"?
You do what you can to try and help him. Presumably, that would involve looking into WHY he thinks those things, as well as treating the symptoms. Reinforcing those beliefs would obviously be harmful to him
How is that analogous at all?