So do neuroscience majors get any jobs after college if they don't go pre-med...

So do neuroscience majors get any jobs after college if they don't go pre-med? Do they just rot in a corner along with the pure math and theoretical physics students?

They're slightly worse actually, because they can't even go into finance.

You got it man. Everyone who goes to college becomes an unemployed loser.

>Hi Veeky Forums
>Im a talentless hack
>Will this piece of paper make me not feel like a loser?

Its like ugly girls complaining that make up doesnt work for them. huh

You seem to be projecting

Your insecurity to jobs and general tone of voice seem to remind me of a plethora of people who I knew from college who partied their days away/who studied hard but were stupid - and instead of admitting that its their own inability they blame it on others and the system for "failing them"

>natural evolution produces many candidates but only a few winners

remember that

To add on this day. I was a pure math major. I am an actuary now. I make very good money. So no, we dont just rot in a corner.

>hows 245k a year for rotting

Fucking hate people like you
>Hurr durr just because I cant do something others cant either
>Hurr durr lol math is useless lol
>hurr durr school is so dumb, its not me, its just the system

you sound like a pissed off autist
you're making no sense and it makes me REALLY doubt you're an actuary and make money

>pure math becoming an actuary
you realize this is literally exactly the same as a neuroscience major going pre med right? giving up on doing anything involving your actual field of study in favor of something only tangentially related to your major with zero original work required that happens to pay a lot?

All Im saying is I am tired of hearing the mantra of
>lol school is so useless
>my major dictates everything

Its not. Its you. Its your ability as an individual. Your worth ethic. Your abilities.

OP, and a lot of others like him, repeat this saying like its social dogma. And I wouldnt care. But guess what.

In 10-20 years, guess who will be voting for Bernie sanders and complaining about "the system"

>Its not school
>Its you
>own up to it, OP

If you want to do something, go do it

Im angry not because of some user on Veeky Forums but of this seemingly pervasive idea that permeates our society

this desu. I keep seeing math majors talk about how they want to do research, but when confronted by people telling them it's a useless degree, they always go "finance!!" or "actuary!1". Literally the most soul-sucking, unoriginal, mind-numbing jobs in existence. I'd hardly consider that an advantage.

If you have a skill you can't practice because you can't get hired by a company that has the necessary resources, that's a big problem.

Not every field lends itself to a cottage industry where one individual can just "go do it".

... they do? the kind of people who want to do research on pure math will usually shit on finance and actuaries, mate. you've got two groups confused

Who is this semen demon

Yes ok fine.
But you have to admit there are a lot of people who just use their degrees as scape goats. I knew an engineering student who passed school through rote memorization and not learning. Come graduation he couldnt do derivatives. He complains and broke a window on campus before working as a plumber

Its just one of my triggers.

ok dude but the '>hurrdurr no jobs' memery aside, OP has a legitimate question, he is asking if there is employment in the field of neuroscience requiring only a bachelor's degree, in contrast to math and physics in which virtually all jobs in the field require at least a master's, whether he can land some other job not using neuroscience through developing other skills while in college is clearly not relevant to his question

>If you have a skill you can't practice because you can't get hired by a company that has the necessary resources, that's a big problem.
No dude. just because you have a skill and want to do it, doesnt mean someone has to pay you to do it. i enjoy hula hooping, ive spent some time on it and have legitimately developed my skills, doesnt mean it's 'a big problem' that no one wants to pay me to hula hoop all day.

if the only skills you are learning are pure math/theoretical physics those are not going to be useful to anyone and its ridiculous to expect someone to pay you for it just because you know how to do it.

I dunno...at least from the perspective of a physicist, the modern quantitative finance was essentially built by physicists and has a lot of open problems that financial institutions would really like to be the first to have an answer to. This causes many financial institutions to maintain an active research arm. For pure mathematicians, however, I can see how it is giving up on that particular field and "slumming" it in applied math.

hey guys, OP here, can't we all just get along? I just have no idea what career paths neuroscience people have besides becoming doctors

You could have your mom drive you to the bookstore and look at a career guide, but apparently you think it's a better idea to ask here.

like yeah directly asking people on the internet who have experience related to your question, is probably a better approach than trying to look through a mountain of books for one specific niche topic that there are very few books about and hoping that not only do you find such a section in such a book, but it also happens to be recent enough to be relevant to the job market today (ie 2-3 years old max)

like i know you just wanted to imply op lives with his mom but ffs could you have said something less fucking retarded

you're a fucking waste, my man

>Literally the most soul-sucking jobs in existence
sounds nice. Do you need a masters to get hired?

>Its not. Its you. Its your ability as an individual. Your worth ethic. Your abilities.
TopKek

>If you want to do something, go do it
Yea, might be hard for you to understand since mommy and daddy pay all of your expenses but some of us have to work 8 hours a day, cook our own meals, wash our own clothing and can't just "Go do it" because we feel like it.

Even if we do decide to "Go do it." theirs always some rich kid like you who has loads of connections who gets the job regardless of qualifications.

literally the most retarded post I've seen on Veeky Forums
>muh american dream
you know whats wrong with the "system"? people like you with no empathy towards other people who are in different situations.
What if your parents dont pay for college and you live on your own?
Lets do some math. Say i get a job thats 10/hr because i need to put myself through school
10 * 40 = 400 * 2 = 800 * 2 = 1600 a month BEFORE taxes.
So really youre at about 1100 - 1250 dependent on where you live
Cheapest apartment near me - 900/month
car payment - lets say 100 a month
We're already at 1000
Car insurance - at least 150
gas - 60/month(good mileage)
electricity - 50
okay we're over 1250
now what about food?
what about money for college?
no chance of savings either.
and really this is implying id be working 40hrs and going to school
You see, a great "work ethic" doesnt get you on the fast track to being successful but being born with a spoon in your mouth does.

>zero original work
Clearly doesn't understand what actuaries do
>soul sucking
How do? By making great money in a great career field
Clearly some of you are just intimidated by the actuarial exams or jealous of the salary. Good luck wage slaves.

>stop climate change using the worlds biggest polluter
literally what?
nice propaganda trumpfag

>trump supporters

Hey, acturary guy here.

I was raised in an orphanage.
I entered college at 20 after working 2 years full time in a paint shop and renting a small basement to pay for my education

I got 20k in scholarship for stellar grades and an exceptional grasp on mathematics from a young age

>rich white people. The post.

yes your one specific situation definitely overshadow millions of peoples situations.

>I got 20k in scholarship for stellar grades
Well good for you. Most people don't.
I had a 3.8 gpa after 2 years, Only scollarship option was a local $400 grant to cover books. but had to drop out because I lost my car in an accident and could not afford to keep attending.

>option 1) I am subpar and therefore deserve less
>option 2) I am the same and deserve the same, thus it must be something I am doing wrong

choose one

> whoever sees through Bernies thinly veiled lies must be a trump supporter
Calm down berntard. Brony Sanders is an inompetent, illiterate laughing stock aside from a few delusional unemployable cucks who like to smoke weed and want free stuff to fall out of the skies.

I'd even vote for Ben Carson before I vote for Brony

>option 3) I live in a wealthy area that rewards merit when most places don't.

>orphan
>wealthy

if only you could do as many mental gymnastics in mathematics as you can in real life

I would say that their employment options are comparable to molecular/cellular biology and genetics majors, many end up in academic labs as techs. This is not bad, though, as these jobs are stepping stones to grad school or med school or industry positions. Also, there are opportunities in clinical research.

>My personal wealth is reflected 1:1 in the state/cunt I live in and the social benefits I revive
>Being a poor orphan is a handicap when it comes to receiving state benefits.

>if only you could do as many mental gymnastics in mathematics as you can in real life

You seem to be pretty good

>2016
>orphaned young smart hardworking men who make it big no longer good
>its actually a luxury privilege

>I got 20k in scholarship for stellar grades and an exceptional grasp on mathematics from a young age
This might come as a shock to you, but 20K scholarships are not just things everyone has access to. Not every state offers educational scholarships. And the ones that do are normally only for under 1K.

>orphaned young smart hardworking men who make it big by collecting local government scholarships not available to most people because not everyone on the planet lives in your town are no longer good

Fixed for ya. :^)

>orphaned young smart hardworking men who make it big no longer good
I made it thanks to all my hard work. (And free 20K but everyone has access to that right?)

>I got 20k in scholarship for stellar grades
Literally where do you live?

and I give back to my community for it. what do you want me to do?

dont trivialize all my efforts
many people get way more thank 20k and still become nothing

>many people get way more thank 20k and still become nothing
And many people receive nothing. You're not supposed to do anything, you're not in some wrong, it's just a simple fact to recognize that you did have some luck in your birthplace and opportunities despite the orphan childhood. Thus, suggesting "anyone" can do the same with hard work is either dishonest or naive.

>and I give back to my community for it. what do you want me to do?
Nothing. You did great user. You know how things can get blown out of proportion when your talking only in text, over the Internet, with strangers.

You seem like a pretty cool guy.

>employment in the field of neuroscience requiring only a bachelor's degree
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

thats a good one

neuroscience jobs actually working in neuroscience only exist after a PhD, anything less is beyond useless