Stove tops that Veeky Forums wish they had

Stove tops that Veeky Forums wish they had

that's a terrible fucking setup

anything with 4 burners and an oven underneath is fine for me

Anyone who has actually used a stove knows that this is a superior setup

Nobody who actually cooks wants a fucking electric stove.

/thread

fucking hated when I was renting and had to use that shit

Electric ranges are awesome for boiling water.
>4 gas ports with an electric 5th burner masterrace

Boy I sure love turning off the heat but the coil remains hot for several minutes.

Induction would be better.

>he fell for the induction meme

Fuck you.
I do because gas is shite. It just burns everything. A nice electric with pwm control is God tier.

I fail to see the problem

You know you can lower the heat, right?

not him but I own an induction one, as good as gas and in some aspects much better

enjoy wasting twice as much energy gasfags

This.
Gas is and probably will always be best.

electric stoves are for soccermoms and people who care about cooking
gas stoves are for fart sniffers who care too much about "cooking"
induction stoves are for people who actually cook

soccermoms and people who don't care about cooking, sorry.

Gas == induction >>>>>""""electric""""

Trying real hard to justify that purchase, huh?

>power plant that supplies my area is diesel

Somebody post the ikea one.
you know, that cyberpunk as fuck one

>cooking electric

I'd rather use a fucking Bunsen burner.

you retard, electric is 100% efficient BUT electricity costs way more in most of america

if you live in a warm climate and use air conditioning, an induction cooktop will heat up your house a lot less than a gas one.
I would like to see a combination gas/induction cook top, best of both worlds.

They have them

Induction-powered-by-solar-panels master race reporting in

OTH, if you live in a cold climate than having a cooktop/furnace combo heat your whole home is convenient

I think YOU just burn everything

gas or bust - the kind that gives off blue flames only

>tfw my shitty dorm only has electric

One of my best friends growing up had an entire retro pink kitchen, all the appliances, the counter tops...it was crazy.

You don't know how to cook.

Amen bro.

Electric takes way too long to heat up my knives.

viking may be overpriced meme tier appliances, but fuck me if it's not the nicest stove I've ever used. Great linear heat control, lotsa burners, good built-in oven, amazing range hood.

>tfw you cook with wonderful gas stove and wok fire at work and you have to go home to a shitty electric stove

>tfw my on campus apartment has glorious gas stoves
dog bless

Get better cookware.

I have literally never cooked with a gas stove.
Feels bad, man.

Is induction as responsive as gas? I know it heats up faster but does it cool down quick?

I don't mind flat top electric stoves, but fuck these things they're such a pain in the ass to clean

Brit here and can confirm. We have an AGA and it's great.

My neger

My nigger

induction > gas > ceramic > metal plate

I have one of these right now and they're literally the worst kind of stove I've ever used

I have a gas at dad's house, electric at my mother's and induction at the place i just moved into.
Always been a gas man myself but i'm liking the induction so far, even tho I had to buy new pots and pans.

Why is induction better than gas?

>Open
>Spiral
WHY

Induction bypasses what Gas do.
Instead of heating a flame to heat metal, you produce a electric field to heat the metal directly.

>100% efficient

>what are several step down transformers between the Plant and your house
>what are cable losses
>what is the fact when you arent using power the power plant still is running to capacity waiting for you and thousands of others to throw on a light switch
>what is the fact thay the power plant potentially still uses gas to produce electricit

Even if the plant was at a perfect 80% load all the time to maximize the efficiency of the converting Its fuel into current you still have many factors of electrical losses to consider.

Been using one of these for a year now, shit you not... I miss being able to cook 2 things at once

because magnets

>muh first world problem
But to be serious, this is the only good point in the whole thread.

Get another one?

This. I switched from gas to induction and am pretty happy. Heats up as quickly as gas, and is easier to clean than even an electric stove. Plus you don't have to deal with handles getting too hot from the rising hot air.
Can't really think of a downside other than the limited range of cookware working on them.

>used to think gas was shit
>mom had the kitchen renovated with induction plates which seemed awesome
>discovered the greatness of gas in my last student apartment
I'm sorry I doubted you

Agreed they're much easier to clean, but I can think of many downsides other than just the type of cookware used:

-Gas is more powerful
-Gas is cheaper (worldwide average about 1/3 price of electric for same amount of energy)
-Instant source of flame for roasting peppers, flambeing, etc.
-Gas works on any shape cookware, such as woks or anything else with a round base
-No annoying auto-shut-off when you pick up or move a pan

>tfw the big elements are all crooked and 2/3rds of it don't contact the pan and it heats in cycles so temperature control is almost impossible.

Strange. You seem to want a stove top, but don't want easy and instant temperature control, such as that afforded by gas ranges. Peculiar.

>-Gas is more powerful
You sure about that? The two-ringed wok flame on my previous Siemens gas stove was specced for 4kW. The largest ring on my induction stove reaches 3.7kW. Combine that with the fact that you lose a lot less energy to the air with induction and it seems pretty even. The smaller induction rings actually tend to have more power than the smaller gas ones.
Especially when getting pots of water to a boil I've never experienced anything as fast as my current induction stove.

>-Gas is cheaper (worldwide average about 1/3 price of electric for same amount of energy)
That's true, depending where you live. Thankfully electricity from water power is dirt cheap here in Scandinavia, so that's not an issue for me.

>-Instant source of flame for roasting peppers, flambeing, etc.
I guess that can be useful from time to time.

>-Gas works on any shape cookware, such as woks or anything else with a round base
True, although I would also put that in the "limited range of cookware" category.

>-No annoying auto-shut-off when you pick up or move a pan
Depends on the programming of your stove I guess. Mine gives me a good 5 minutes before it turns off. A nice aspect here is also that the stove won't consume any power if you remove the cookware.