Hey guys, I'm a canuck and I'm looking for refined avocado oil

Hey guys, I'm a canuck and I'm looking for refined avocado oil.

It's not really for eating, so it doesn't have to be a 50$ 8oz vial from Whole Foods in a fancy box. I simply need a lot of cheap, high smoke point avocado oil. Picture unrelated.

What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

chosenfoods.com/collections/cooking-oils/products/avocado-oil?variant=23633933505
soapgoods.com/Avocado-Oil-Refined-p-221.html?
ebay.com/itm/BHT-butyl-hydroxytoluene-butylated-hydroxytoluene-350-mg-100-capsules/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

oh shit... my spidey sense tells me that's the beginning of a really bad scene.

I'm not sure what the story is to be honest.

chosenfoods.com/collections/cooking-oils/products/avocado-oil?variant=23633933505

I did find this stuff, seems to be a good price but I'd really want some big bulk gallon jugs though.

What do you plan on doing with it, OP?

Tribology experiments, nothing really that interesting unless you want to learn all about trying to lower the pour point of vegetable oils.

Shit nigga, so you're buying a shitton of avocado oil so you can do some research and science experiments and shit? How exactly are you planning on doing it? I must admit, you got me curious. Post the results when you're done with it, will ya?

Set up control, mix in incrementally larger amounts of PPD, check pour points, and see if the smoke point was affected.

It's not super science shit, I'm not a tribologist or a scientist, I just want to figure out if I can mix up a cheap solution for some wide-temperature range not-cancer-inducing lubricants for small machinery.

After that I'll see if I can find an additive that will prevent the oil from going rancid after a while.

so whar get cheep refiend avocado oil tho

Costco.

They have nothing. Remember, I'm canadashit.

Well kudos to you for introducing me to tribology. I honestly assumed that was a typo :|

You have my interest as well op

Ah yes, the science of lubrication. The term for it sounds like a lesbian sex move, and that coincidental similarity, I find, is quite humorous.

Also, how about this stuff?

soapgoods.com/Avocado-Oil-Refined-p-221.html?

OP here, oh snap.

Looks pretty good, I'll see how badly shipping will rape my ass. Hopefully it will be less than rake rape, maybe just 15 inch black rubber dildo rape.

Superstore usually stocks avocado oil, along with most stores owned by Loblaws. Sometimes Michaels has some in their soap making section, but not normally. If you're going to be using a lot of oil, in the order of liters, your best bet would be to look for a place that sells soap making supplies.

I will go looking there.

Thanks everyone

I just searched "bulk refined avocado oil" and checked the first few sites that popped up, not sure the legitimacy but they may look shady because they seem like they're run by hippies.

Also, what is PPD? Most results I got for it were concerning TB testing, and one for p-Phenylenediamine

Pour point depressant, gonna try some ethanol in escalating percentage but I don't want to change the viscosity too much, so probably 1% to 5%. There are other PPD options but the alcohols seem pretty simple and cheap.

-cont-
There's also polyalkylmethacrylates used as PPD from what I can read, but if I can achieve it with a bit of ethanol or methanol it should be fine. After that I do want to check smoke point because I don't want to lower it too much as I'd assume the alcohols might fuck with that.

Found this site, if I order under 100 bucks of product they charge 20 bucks.

So if I do order from these guys, it'll cost me 120 bucks (shipping) but I'll have a lot of oil. I think I'll go to the grocery store and buy some shit just for small-scale testing, if it works well I'll order the bulk shit.

Thanks guys.

Ah, ok. Definitely a general field of molecules that I didn't get exposure to during my undergrad degree in chemistry.

Do you know anything about stuff I could throw in that would help stop the oil from going rancid? Preferably something that doesn't change the acidity too much (I'd like to stay close to neutral), and doesn't get toxic when it burns. Bonus points if it doesn't change smoke point or pour point (higher smoke point and lower pour point is always better though).

Outside of storing it in a dark, cool place to prevent oxidation in that manner it looks like either natural or synthetic antioxidants are your best bet. Butylated hydroxyanisole seems to be popular.

Woot I can get butylated hydroxyanisole from amazon for not too much.

Testing how quickly it goes rancid versus regular stuff will also be interesting. And most likely take a while.

ebay.com/itm/BHT-butyl-hydroxytoluene-butylated-hydroxytoluene-350-mg-100-capsules/

here we go, that should do it