Is this Veeky Forums's new meme trilogy?

Is this Veeky Forums's new meme trilogy?

that's 4 books you retard

no

>four books
>trilogy

Do you think one day we'll be able to program books into our skull, like Neo did in the Matrix?

Just put the floppy in, plug in and KNOW.

whoa

Our first responders have proven they can count to four.

Replace JR with The Lime Twig and Underworld with and Women and Men, and then you'd have yourself a nice tetrology.

I think that would be great for Veeky Forums. Veeky Forums is full of people who just want to pretend to do things and are too lazy to actually be somebody. So the ability to take literally all the effort away from a hobby would be great for the autistic, the lazy, and the hypocritical, wrongly self-diagnosed attention babies.

but the lime twig isnt 900 pages long

It might be fun to just spam this until it's true. This board could use some change that isn't /pol/ invasion.

Ever heard of Mars trilogy?

Ever throated a thick load of cun?

Don't worry guys its actually a quadrilogy was fooling you with the tri bit there

Don Delillo is a better writer than DFW so it could replace Infinite Jest but it isn't good enough to be beside Gravity's Rainbow and Ulysses, nor the Recognitions (Haven't read the Tunnel yet and had too many false starts with JR so can't comment there.)

The heck is a cun?

Really? I thought that the Recognitions was just as good as Gravity's Rainbow, and definitely better than Infinite Jest. The prose was so consistently good not to mention the dialogue. Even Wyatt's psychotic breakdown about 400 pages in or so was incredibly impressive. It definitely had the same referential power of Gravity's Rainbow, and the same moments of sublimity in sections like the description of Paris section

Although I'm surprised John Hawkes isnt on the list I'm glad he's not. I dont want him becoming another meme.

Someone please post the one with two German books and one in I don't remember which language
Zettel's Traum by Arno Schmidt was one of them

We're gonna push this through user.
People have tried pushing a new trilogy a few times before.

But now we're gonna do this right.
Behold the Meme-Quads!

This is gonna need more replies to become relevant tho.

I agree we should maybe replace JR with Zettel's Traum. Otherwise it's Gaddis twice. And Traum is obscure as fuck.

Gass is shit though

Hawkes is practically meme-proof because pseuds can't get through any of his books. There's a reason you only see The Lime Twig and maybe The Blood Oranges in most rather than any of his numerous other books in most stores that even have his stuff at all.

>quadrilogy

The word is "tetralogy", you vulgar pleb. If you had a classical education, you would know that "quadrilogy" mixes Latin and Greek in an unsavory amalgam.

There should be two trilogies:

>Modernist Trilogy:
Joyce - Ulysses
Proust - À la recherche du temps perdu
Faulkner - Absalom, Absalom!

>Postmodern Trilogy:
Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow
Gaddis - The Recognitions
Gass - The Tunnel

what's that great german author who literally cannot be translated?

Oddly enough, I have never heard of anyone who actually has had something good to say about Underworld.

Hitler?

I've head people call it Delillo's magnum opus. But I've never heard anyone say "Duuude, you have to read Underworld - it's awesome!"

Underworld does seem like a really random pick, yeah. Delilo isn't even discussed that much and when he is it's mostly newfags bitching about White Noise. Women and Men is a bigger meme due to being a huge obscure out of print doorstop.

Underworld is amazing and a page-turner.

Libra is his most perfect though. Libra is probably the most perfect novel written in the English language.

if book of the new sun doesn't make the mem trilogy...

>delilo
>the most perfect novel in the English language
Yeah, nah. He's ok but nowhere near that good.

>meme wolfe
Kystbh

I think part of what makes reading so great is the work and effort you put into it, and the rewards of understanding. But it would serve a lot of practical uses.

Too bad you don't put that much work into your posts ...

I'm totally going to help force this. I also have seen these doorstoppers spammed here a lot.

We really shouldn't be pushing the new meme tetralogy when most faggots haven't even read the original trilogy yet.

It is literally the most balanced book in the English language.

More balanced than anything Melville or Faulkner or Pinecone has churned out.

> balanced

The first 50 pages are an American treasure.

The last 800 are muddled, at best.

>Don't make a new trilogy until everyone reads Infinite Jest
The only book in the trilogy I plan on reading is Ulysses, and I don't think I'm alone in that.

You can chuck infinite jest but gravity's rainbow is a great book. Ij is the only real "meme" in the "trilogy".

I agree, Moby-Dick is not as perfect as Libra.

I think there was a collage of it floating around somewhere, I'd like to get my hands on it

Truly, these are the superior meme quads

I have a friend who firmly believes that books are all 'fluff'. Whenever a book interests him, he spends his time reading summaries and essays on them instead of reading. He basically just sucks out the 'message' of the book and disregards the rest of it.

Yeah at the end of it he 'understands' the content, the same way that Neo would, but i've noticed that he usually forgets everything after a few weeks, and he never has any sentimental attatchment to them.

he's what we call a pseud

Underworld is not very good though. Libra, and even White Noise is better.

Underworld is a meme though. That's the point.

What does it mean to be a meme?

Long, convoluted, often recommended but seldom read.