He doesn't own at least one premium bible

>He doesn't own at least one premium bible

Your bookshelf will never be complete tbqh with you

evangelicalbible.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

evangelicalbible.com/
amazon.com/dp/0195289609/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687762&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=1565637399&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=05CWXKRRSKYCZ1GQJ229
gallup.com/poll/170822/believe-creationist-view-human-origins.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>evangelicalbible.com/

please

amazon.com/dp/0195289609/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687762&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=1565637399&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=05CWXKRRSKYCZ1GQJ229

The New Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha: New Revised Standard Version 4th ed. Edition

Cambridge clarion kjv or gtfo

That's actually what I have, but it's a NKJV

>protestants
>EVANGELICAL protestants
>evangelical protestants reading translations of the holy bible that aren't canon according to the One True Catholic and Apostolic Church
o i am laffin

>true
>Catholic
pick one lil homie

this, fucking protestants they are the niggers of Christianity.

I've been talking with a Catholic who apparently hasn't read Job and this makes me sad.

Enjoy your cultureless, americanized baptist blasphemy

unironically thank you, bookmarking it until ive actually read the full bible (which should be in around 6 months) and ill feel comfortable spending real money

right now i have this shitty faux leather bible and i think it causes me to grind my teeth when i read it because it bothers me so much that they actually went thru the trouble of making this ridiculous cover and binding when a simple paperback would make it 10x more enjoyable to read

>evangelicals
You do realize these are the fuckers that think they can speak in tongues and that the earth is a couple thousand years old? I have no respect for anybody that buys into them, they're glorified cults.

I already have the Quran.

>earth is a couple thousand years old

how common is this belief? is it only amongst americans?

It's pretty much only Americans that I know of, and very uncommon unless you find evangelical christians. Among them it's rampant, and many even want kids' textbooks to teach "both sides" or will just homeschool their kids to indoctrinate them. They are the most backward people I've ever met.

>using the NRSV instead of RSV or NAB

there are plenty of young earth creationists in the US but its a small matter for most people. like, its not a belief they would die (or suffer any harm) for.

I think it's silly and misguided but as long as they have accepted Jesus as their savior who cares.

It's held by about 1.2 billion people. You might have heard of them.

It is almost entirely Americans, but realize we're talking like....half of them that believe this. It's a big country.

>mfw that documentary Jesus Camp.
That was one of the most alarming things i've ever watched.
And when they interviewed the people afterward they all said they were fine with their portrayals.

>Reading translations that aren't even formally equivalent to the most accurate manuscripts
>Caring about culture and not the authenticity of the beliefs

>he doesn't have the special illustrated, indexed, cross-referenced, chronological, custom-engraved, leather-covered ESV Study Bible

Probably the whitest thing I own, other than my degree

>he doesn't have the desert quadrilogy

I really doubt you read hebrew, so you can stop pretending you've read the torah

>bible

>white

wot?

reading the bible is what whites do yes
that and buy fancy 200 dollar study bibles they never open

I said have, not read.

but why

So you can stare at the hebrew words and not know what the fuck you're looking at

>quadrilogy

It's tetrology. Every single fucking time with that non-word.

Do you not know what a translation is?

Fight me mate

r/atheism the post

that's not the real torah

everybody knows that , ignorant fool

>don't know a language
>guess you're going to hell

Well it certainly sounds like the Christian god.

>christian
>torah

just stop replying already this is just embarrassing

>Old Testament
>not in the bible

>doesn't even know what the pentateuch is, and somehow gets it confused with the "old testament"
besides the christian god is different in practically EVERY way to the jewish god

can you make even one post without making some huge error in your assessment?

>being wrong
>on the internet
you don't even take into consideration the dead sea scrolls which bridge the two books clearly and concisely into one overarching story about a christian god who became more merciful in his old age after the birth of his son
take a trip to the louvre faget

>birth of his son
I hope by that you mean the physical birth, considering God IS is his own son

and the two are completely different
one is based on atonement and purification through sacrifices and clean living, and simply your lineage
the other is totally open, and while it impresses the importance of altering your lifestyle it has one sole requirement, which is to merely accept that jesus died for your sins, as seen in the robber on the cross

also the christian god didn't murder any people because they were sinful, while the jewish one seemed to be itching to do it
even the real differences, christians are allowed to eat pork because of the vision Paul had, there is no more curtain required in the tabernacle, etc show these things are totally different

the new testament completely reversed everything from before, making everything just advisory. even the 10 commandments can be broken so long as you repent before you die
totally different ways of viewing the world

>Thou shalt not covet
>going to hell for wanting

Damn god. What a dick.

yep. Thought sin literally exists

>he doesn't buy the cheapest editions possible to maximize the number of books he can buy that he will probably never read anyway

In America it is a really popular belief

"Between 40% and 47% of Americans over the past 32 years have said the creationist explanation for the origin of human life best fits their personal views. "

gallup.com/poll/170822/believe-creationist-view-human-origins.aspx

>best fits their personal views.
That seems like a loaded statement.

ahem, if you read your article, they were not questioned about how long ago they think the earth was created, the creationist choice in the survey it was that 'the god created humans in pretty much their present form within the last 10000 years' without any mention about the age of the earth

p.s. i love wiki, seriously i do, pic related

I see you can get second-hand copies of this on eBay for like $4. is this too in-depth/intensive for someone who has never read the Bible before?