Why havent you read this /lit?

Why havent you read this /lit?
Its abut you
and how fake you all are

If we're so fake why do you think we would actually read a work that size instead of attaining an insufficient knowledge of its content from tertiary sources?

I want to read JR first tho

Just as fake as you are

I'm actually reading it right now. Although the author is clearly based, I find it pedantic & meandering.

>le recognitions is just about BTFO'ing pseuds meme

If you actually read the book, you would know it's about a lot more than that, my boy. Yes, The Recognitions does take a jab at the people who use art as a superficial way to boost their egos. But it also addresses a much deeper existential quest to find redemption in art almost as a sort of replacement for Christ, the battling of a sort of entropy of intellectual and theological certainty in modern society, the simultaneous questioning of and fight for originality, and a shit load of other stuff. But you haven't read it, or at least haven't read it with much depth, so fuck off my main man

>telling your main man to fuck off
u wooden lass

>Why havent you read this Veeky Forums?
i can't read

"The Recognitions" and "The Tunnel" are practically meme-trilogy-level at this point, this has to stop

You just convinced me to pick it up off my shelf, user. That sounds fantastic

Give it a rest faggot.

the gass meme is literally one poster

i think theres at least a dozen gaddis posters they just are each 1/12th as dedicated

I'm one 1/12 of Gaddisposters. I'm not much of a Gassposter, there's only one guy here who has actually read The Tunnel, a few Gaddisposters have read Omensetters Luck.

I have been looking for the tunnel everywhere for quite some time. I will be ordering it soon. I can't wait to read it.

I haven't read The Tunnel yet, I'll read Middle C and In the Heart of the Country this summer, but I'm waiting a little longer for The Tunnel. Probably next summer I'm going to get the last of the post-modern door-stopper novels I haven't read out of the way, JR, Tunnel, Women and Men, Cantos, Finnegans, finally just wrapping up modernism this summer.

also I didn't mean to say the Cantos were post-modern or a novel, just a sort of final-level in some ways like the rest

wood luv ta strangl u ta bee onist

Also from the excerpts I've read of The Tunnel you might want to read Omensetters Luck too. It's pretty much the Sandymount Strand chapter style for an entire novel, and very well done but will probably help a little bit with his tendencies going into The Tunnel, but I haven't read it so I'm only speaking on a hunch from excerpts.

I'm not a pussy. I don't need to read some faggot entry level bullshit before reading a hard book. I just go straight for the "hard" book and make it my bitch. since I came to lit I've just been reading the books you guys think are hard. I've noticed either they aren't that hard or you guys are really stupid.

>since I came to lit I've just been reading the books you guys think are hard.

oh god please tell me that you are the guy on Veeky Forums not long ago saying this and going on and on about how you didn't even finish high school.

your brand of corny is so bizarrely similar that i really think it's you. it is you isn't it.

it is me.

Omensetters Luck is easily the most boring book I've read in the last 5 years, other than The Beetle Leg.

This so hard. Seeing retards misinterpret the book so much makes me wish it never got popular here.

Let's hear your interpretation then, fuckwit. Everything I said has basis in the text though I had to condense it to a bunch of buzzwords because I didn't want to spend my entire afternoon writing a post on a fucking chinese cartoon board

He was on your side user...

OG Gassposter here. Most of the gassposts are by other anons, not me; I don't post as much anymore.
It's not that they are boring--it's that you are boring, user.

Everyone posts about JR and Recognitions while i'm here creaming over Agape Agapē and Carpenter's Gothic

Agape is so full of bile, it's amazing

u kneada knap dood. that pose is wit ya

if that's true I apologize for my autism. But it's a bit ambiguous imo..

>a bit ambiguous imo..
s'not. c-k hellp.

are you having a stroke my main man?

I became a Gaddis poster in order to offset the flood of Gass posts we've been seeing

More of a John Hawkes guy

at least he dosent ramble on for 500 pages and knows when to stop

I'm on page 110 following the annotations. More of a slog than GR or IJ but definitely (already) a massive fuck you to Veeky Forums. If you finish the novel and still browse here it has failed you.

>John Hawkes
>doesn't ramble

You fucking what

>using a guide

user your such a pleb. might as well not even read the book.

Tell yourself whatever you need to so that you can feel special for reading them.

Hawkes is my favorite. I've read eight of his books so far and there hasn't been a bad one in the bunch. And yeah, one of the best things about him is that he never felt the need to write a 1000 page doorstop for no good reason.

>le dfw "the book failed you" meme
Confirmed for never having read a word of Gaddis.

I never saw him carry on like Gass at his worst

I can't look at the mirror. It's too close.

While we're talking about this book, can someone explain the girl who looks like George Washington to me? Is the joke just that he/she is really ugly or is there something else going on there?

Hated The Beetle Leg so much I never bothered with Second Skin or The Lime Twig I bought at the same time.

Did you buy it expecting a western or something? It's his most abstract book. Try The Lime Twig. It's much more accessible.

Well, I thought there might be a story in there somewhere, and the whole thing be a less pointless exercise in theme, yeah. Silly me.

If I give him another go, I will read The Lime Twig.

His most acessible is Blood Oranges desu

Expanding on this, he took his particular style to its logical extreme in The Beetle Leg to the point where it's not about any of the characters or events. They're only the paint he uses to show you a landscape of desolation where life simply continues to exist in spite of itself rather than actually having any sort of vitality or reason for being.

It's the sort of book that'll leave you scratching your head even if you understood and appreciated it.

Blood Oranges is comfy but Lime Twig has more action.

im 500 pages in

what is that picture from? i like that art

Boring - or the state of being bored - is just bliss seen from the beach of pleasure.

why is Veeky Forums so bad
like with music you can't really talk about it so there's nothing to talk about so it got real dumb real fast, you'd think books would be more substantial but no, everyone's still just trolls

that has nothing to do with books and everything to do with what website your on

same. why did Janet fuck the bull

It was apparently the thing to do after she realized Wyatt wasn't the second coming of Christ after all. Maybe she wanted to birth a minotaur.

wtf she thought he was god? where you getting that from. I know he said no one knows who he is. but God?

Look at what she says to him on pages 406 and 407.

aight I'll check it out. wow a discussion of a book for once. lmao holy shit so that's what she meant by father hahaha. that flew right over my head. makes sense though. lol those pages are pretty funny now.

Yeah, that chapter starts out slow, but it's hilarious when you realize what happened in it. I especially liked rev. Gwyon's ranting about making him a priest of Mithras.

ok I couldn't figure out whether or not his dad knew who he was. I know the carpenter thought he was some other guy and the old ladies thought he was another priest

Gassposter, why don't you use the EM dash instead of two short dashes?

Is The Recognition the new entry in Veeky Forums's canon?

Will we have a meme quadrilogy from now on?

There's no em dash key and in ms word you get an em dash by using two small ones.

Already has been seen to.