Anyone here ever buy any As Seen on TV gimmicky cookware or any other stupid gadgets?

Anyone here ever buy any As Seen on TV gimmicky cookware or any other stupid gadgets?
Examples:
youtube.com/watch?v=9e--j79oeX4
youtube.com/watch?v=eY3QygknqNU

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/VonShef-Magical-Defrosting-Tray-Electricity/dp/B00EZMZK1I/ref=pd_lpo_201_bs_tr_t_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YPNDGSZCTAF1FXA9GJDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1WqZ5AlRneI
youtube.com/watch?v=7grDYaYwHNI
youtube.com/watch?v=3sWkmcfQdt4
youtube.com/watch?v=1IM0v-pHWoY
youtube.com/watch?v=cWNO43secjc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm not sure if it's the same as the slapchop, but I've got a small veggie dicer in the house. Good for mincing onions and garlic. Don't use it that much because it's buried behind a pile of shit in a cabinet

I bought a pan like that that was advertised to flip eggs
they fuckin slid out of the damn thing and broke all over my stove top

I think you need to close it first, user.

>it's buried behind a pile of shit in a cabinet
Ladies and gentlemen, may I present the logical consequence of buying a bunch of shit that does only one thing....

I have the big city slider station. Works good.

I would have starved in college without it

>....
kys

Contact grill is legitamate cookware, not a gimmick.

>endorsed by a boxer
>sold on infomercials

tell me how the George Foreman grill is not a gimmick

It has legitimate daily use? Those two things don't automatically make something a gimmick

I find your answer unsatisfactory

Howbout the fact thats it was a thing long before foreman put his name on one.

That doesn't seem like it would cook evenly, considering it's too big for one burner.

It actually fits perfectly on a standard burner. The picture makes it look bigger than it is.

ok

it works pretty well and it can cook a steak in like 20 seconds

anyone try this doo-dad?

Its all over television.

Anything nonstick just has it come off and give you cancer if you turn your stove up past medium low.

I bought it. Yet to cook anything in it though.

We have a nuwave oven. It's pretty based. Better then our shit apartment's oven by a long shot.

I have this one. Works great.

What happens if you fill the Egg-Tastic past the fill line?

>all edge pieces

It isn't teflon, bro....

They turn out perfect every time.

How did it get the grill marks on there?

It has the grill things in the pan and on the press. When I use it I drain any grease from the pan before I add more meat. The slots are shallow and the grease will overflow when you press them if you don't empty inbetween. Takes a few tries to get the hang of it.

Well it is perfect brownie

Bought the ordinary skillet version. Its pretty good. Better than teflon by a long shot

I watched the infomercial when I was drunk and couldn't sleep. Looks p. cool 2bh but people online say the dome cracks.

I mostly used it to make grilled sandwiches

We don't talk about that. NEVER FILL THE Egg-Tasticâ„¢ PAST THE FILL LINE.

I don't know what happened to it, but back when I was a little kid they advertised this ribbed black metallic board on TV that you place frozen meat onto and it thaws it out faster than just leaving it out or soaking it in water. I distinctly remember in the TV commercial that they showed putting an ice cube onto it and the ice cube started melting fast.

My parents actually bought one. I remember pulling it out and being in awe over the "fast ice cube melting" when I tried that for myself, but eventually it disappear. My parents stopped using it for some reason or another.

Thinking back on it, I believe it really did work as advertised. I don't know why it didn't become a ubiquitous product that we all use.

Are you talking about this?
amazon.com/VonShef-Magical-Defrosting-Tray-Electricity/dp/B00EZMZK1I/ref=pd_lpo_201_bs_tr_t_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YPNDGSZCTAF1FXA9GJDQ

Yep, that's it. Now I have to read into it or watch a youtube video telling me that it's a scam in some way

obligatory jewtube demo video:

youtube.com/watch?v=1WqZ5AlRneI

If you're really into potatoes this is pretty dope.

How is this any different than just putting a potato in the microwave regularly?

Somethgin about steaming them, also protects your microwave from spudsplotions

I already poke a bunch of holes in my potato and wrap it in a paper towel. I've never seen a potato explode in the microwave, but I just do that because my dad told me to.

agreed, replaced both stove and microwave in my former appartment, used it almost every day.

heats fast and is easy to clean.

>it can cook a steak in like 20 seconds
that's not cooked...

I have one. It works really well but it's shit for durability. They advertise it being good for use with metal, but my grandma tried the pie recipe and now it has deep scratches from the side of a spatula which makes the non-stick into a yes-stick. They advertise it as lifetime replacement guarantee, but on the paper that comes with it the fine print says that you pay shipping which is the same amount as the original pan.

You're better off just getting a ceramic coated. It works fine.

Oh, and that Cooper knife is actually pretty good. Keeps a good edge.

Just use foil. Works just as well.

>kys

go back to youtube you fucking loser

>foil in the microwave

>They advertise it as lifetime replacement guarantee, but on the paper that comes with it the fine print says that you pay shipping which is the same amount as the original pan.

lel

I'll take a picture when I get home from work.

that's why they give away all that stuff for "free" on TV, they charge a ton for S&H

My grandma is a sucker for those tv infomercials. She bought that air fryer a few months back. It's like a convection toaster oven, but with no direct heat. I tried a few things, but anything thicker than a chicken nugget or totinos pizza roll would either still be frozen on the inside or burnt on the outside. The tray is about 4x4 inches so you couldn't fit shit in it.

I convinced her to send it back but they charge a $50 restocking fee. Fucking scam.

Second the Foreman Grill. Takes some getting used to because it cooks so quickly, but can produce some damn good burgers / chicken / etc.

Thirding. My family has bought their fair share of gimmicks over the years, but none of them got used anywhere near as much as our foreman grill. Quesadillas, burgers, chicken, we used it for everything. We eventually gave it away because we have an actual grill outside + a grill plate for the stove, which can get as hot as we want, but it really is worth the money for people with limited equipment or cooking skills.

My mom has one of these. She says it's great.

would probably have the same effect by setting the item on a room temperature pan

>metal spatula on non-stick

Your grandma is fucking stupid.

They advertise it as being safe to use with egg beaters and shit.

These are actually really useful for chopping garlic and walnuts etc.

I bought a magic bullet mini to make protein shakes and for mashing bananas. It seems alright but I wouldn't put anything really hard in it that would dull the blade. I need to try making hummus or guacamole with it.

Or she could just get a pair of yellow tinted sunglasses.

>you're gonna love my nuts

>stop having a boring tuna
>stop having a boring life

i hate unitaskers because alton brown told me to!

>TRIGGERED

youtube.com/watch?v=7grDYaYwHNI

Does not work, just used one 3 days ago.
1 Potato, 9 minutes later cold as ice, rock hard, gooey potato starch covered bag.
Several minutes of cleaning up ooze.
Put potato in microwave without bag, cooks in 3 minutes, no goo mess to clean up, potato actually done.
0/10 garbage, may as well advertise the microwave instead because it actually works.

hey don't talk mess about that guy's grandma

>ctrl+f "Jack"
>0 results

What the fuck guys?

Exactly the same here.

>shilling on the japanese pedophile board
WHY

>Anything nonstick just has it come off and give you cancer if you turn your stove up past medium low.

this is what stupid people actually believe

nerve gas

youtube.com/watch?v=3sWkmcfQdt4

My god they can't even hide its extremely cheap quality, and is fucking stupid design anyway. Would definitely not use that around kids.

I have a skillet. It works pretty well. the handle feels cheap as fuck tho.

Nicer dicer

Honestly. This is a really good product. Not as good as a real grill but 50x better than pan searing.

What if you live near their warehouse? Can you show up and demand a free replacement?

The Thermolon shit is non organic, good to 700 degrees. Problem is that the non stick just doesn't last, unlike Teflon.

people actually buy this crap?

These things always just look too niche or just outright impractical too me, not to mention that I always get the feeling that these products are cheaply made and will probably break in a month...

no, they make money off of the shipping

N E V E R
E
V
E
R

fill the Egg-tastic past the fill line

youtube.com/watch?v=1IM0v-pHWoY

Our goddess endorses it so it must be good.

honestly, this and a microwave were the only pieces of cooking equipment my grandma had at her house.

Wait the George Foreman grill is actually decent? Does it also prevent oil splatter? I live in a small apartment so I gave up on pan-frying since the oil would splatter into my living room/kitchen combined room if I do.

it's on a decline so the fat drips down into a little tray at the front so you can dispose of it easily if you put a little tin foil in their to catch it.

the whole point of it was that it gives you lean, healthy meat because the fat is gone.

Does it close all the way? If it doesn't then the oil that splatters to the side would not be caught right?

Literally perfection

it's been like 10 years, but I remember it closing all the way and never having any fats spitting out from it. I don't think it forms a closed seal at the sides though, if that's what you're meaning.

You're just dry grilling everything though, so there's barely anything to spit out anyway, unless you're massaging a steak with loads of oil before you drop it in.

It can close most of the way but with anything in it, it doesn't clamp shut.

That said I have never had to clean around it. Just the drip tray.

I still have mine for making grilled cheese sandwiches. If I started making burgers I would use it again.

That said. Pan frying is no issue if you just get the pan covered with something about the same size or turn the heat down slightly.

I would cover my pan but the oil will always splatter out if I take the cover off to flip things. Eventually the oil would accumulate as sticky grease on nearby surface.

I've never had any problems with it, although it's kind of a pain in the ass to clean. I have my parents' first generation model though so the newer ones are probably different.

youtube.com/watch?v=cWNO43secjc

These things are AAAAASSSSSSS

I bought them because I thought it would be cool to mix shit in with it and have boiled eggs with cooked in flavor, or even omelette style boiled eggs...

turns out you have to oil them up first and they still get stuck to the plastic while the oil just mixes in with the eggs making them gross and impossible to cook right.

also they are a motherfucking bitch to clean.

also microwaved eggs suck.

the yolk separator deal works pretty good though for those rare times i'm too stupid to remember how to use the egg shell method which works 10 times better (so far i've been that stupid a couple times).

My uncle claims he actually invented this. He said he went to a patent office with an idea for a car visor that would block the sun but allow you to see through it. The guy he spoke to at the office told him it didn't sound like an invention that would take off, so my uncle didn't go through with the patent. Then, a couple of years later, he saw this product on the shelves.

They're not.

I gave up on boiled eggs entirely. I just buy those bags of already peeled ones for a disgusting markup.

literally the easiest thing ever
>put eggs in pot
>have water barely cover eggs
>add a little salt and vinegar
>bring to a boil
>turn off heat source
>put eggs in ice water after 10 minutes, more or less depending on how done you want them

thats fuckign awesome.i'd use it to make frozen pizzas

The Faberware panini maker is much better than any Foreman grill. The surfaces are removeable and dishwasher safe, but the one side is flat so it can be wiped off with a paper towel instead.

I'm not trying to be a shill here, but for $40, it cooks meats, sandwiches, vegetables, pancakes, and eggs. I only use the flat side so no washing pans.

George Foreman is the gimmick, the grill is not

The whole reason the panini one is better is because you have three ways of easily cleaning it.

Most of the Foreman grills have non-removable surfaces with grooves that take forever to try to wipe out with a paper towel.