How do I get Veeky Forums if everyone is telling me to eat less carbs?

How do I get Veeky Forums if everyone is telling me to eat less carbs?

Literally all of south indian food is just rice in different forms. I can get my protein with dal, beans, and whey, but cutting carbs is a problem. what do?

Other urls found in this thread:

epicurious.com/expert-advice/the-best-way-to-make-cauliflower-rice-article)
archinte.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1108492
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1467-789X.2012.01021.x/abstract;jsessionid=7396D07C42DB2B84642D35158B132AF9.d04t04
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jc.2002-021480
jpeds.com/article/S0022-3476(02)40206-5/abstract
louisville.edu/faculty/x0zhan17/papers/2013_fructose_obesity
sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/06/130619164437.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dont eat south indian food?

Tfw you feel homesick if you don't eat rice and dal every other day

but really I'm not a big fan of other cuisines, especially since i'm vegetarian and most of the world's dishes are focused on meats.

i tried to find stuff about low carb rice variants but couldn't find much

Cauliflower rice. Suck it up and learn to love it.

yeah I came across this but was kind of wary. I'll try it tomorrow

any particular method of cooking? (epicurious.com/expert-advice/the-best-way-to-make-cauliflower-rice-article)

just change the ratio. put less rice on your plate and more beans.

if you do it for long enough it'll become habit.

Carbs are fine to eat in moderation.
Cal in and Cal out is what you really must pay attention to.
Frankly, simply replacing one meal with a light salad every day will drop you a few pounds in a month, and that's without exercise.

I'm a different guy, here's my two cents: roasting it is the way to go. Cauliflower is more rice-like when it's drier.

Rice has 3 g protein per 100 g when cooked. That's quite alright if you think about it. Find a high protein variety and eat that as your regular rice intake.

Original guy, and this guy is correct. Roasted cauliflower florets are GOAT in my book. Cauliflower has a lot of water in it, roasting the rice keeps it firm but moist, holds together the best.

Also, I want to go on the record as saying Cauliflower mashed 'potatoes' are fucking amazing. Boil or steam cauli, put it in a blender with a few tbs of sour cream, fresh pepper and garlic salt.i can eat a whole head of cauliflower that way no problemo

>dat fucking gravy
Recipie. NOW!

carbs are calorie dense and easy to eat a lot of.

Just eat a smaller portion if you can.

I know that this is a cooking forum, but do you really need to be spoon-fed everything?

Hell, even I missed a context clue at first and found the recipe in under a minute

he says he wants to get Veeky Forums meaning muscular, so for that carbs are largely useless, no reason to eat them

>he wants to get muscular
>so for that carbs are largely useless
quit talking out of your ass. consuming complex carbs delays muscle fatigue.

thanks, just made some rice with curry, ghee, onions and cardamon, bretty good.

t. dyel

If he's looking to bulk carbs are perfect. The fuck are you saying.

>being a pajeet

you'll never be fit anyway, it's not in your genetics.

I bulk at 4000 calories 500g protein with gear and I probably take in less carbs than you guys at 1000 calories, and all of those are complex.

>plain yogurt/milk alternative + 3 scoops of whey
>270 grams of chicken tikka sandwich spread
>270 grams of bacon+egg+mayo filler
>330g cauliflower cheese and some deli meat or smoked fish
>400 grams of roasted meat and either mixed vegetables or some cauliflower cheese
>a snack at the end, can range from curry to smoked fish to meats to carbonara and bacon sauce

Less than 150g carbs a day, sometimes not even 100g.

When not working I replace the shake with mixed veggies + eggs + meat and turn it into some quiche lorraine abberation.

>Cut carbs to get fit

Mate, just read the fucking sticky

>Carbs are bad

Dumb gearfag

The reason you cut carbs is because fats and proteins leave you feeling full longer.

you're right, I should eat pizza, bread rolls, rice, tortilla wraps, cheesy poofs, potato chips and poptarts all day like all the olympians, physique models, female models, bikini models, etc.

don't talk about things outside of your expertise (flipping burgers)

>500g of protein
What a fucking idiot

cut fat to get fit, not carbs. But empty carbs like white rice and pasta, cereal, sugar, white bread, etc should be avoided. eat complex carbs with fiber and other nutrients

spot the dyel

Spot the know nothing retard who will ruin his liver and kidneys in 5 to 10 years.

Calories in, calories out you dumb shit.

You can eat carbs and fat, just don't overeat you fat fuck.

carbs give you energy to lift. go on Veeky Forums an say carbs are bad and you will be mocked.

yeah lets have zero energy to lift by not consuming any carbs. Spending the day in bed lethargic as fuck packs the muscle on.

99% of the people there are fatshit dyels who eat poptarts all day and fell for the IIFYM troll.

couldn't find a decent physique outside the steroid general.

go to bb.com then and check it out. Yes I am requesting you go to another site besides fortune. The horror. It's every where. The carbs are BAD BAD BAD if you want to stay fat and know nothing. "Carbohydrates provide your body with energy. The simplest are sugars, like glucose, fructose, sucrose and lactose. Complex carbohydrates, like starch, are made up of lots of sugar molecules joined together. The 'identity tags' (antigens) on the surface of all cells are made from carbohydrates joined to proteins."

>bodybuilding.com

Yes, the website with 99% fat/dyel teenager/college shithead demographics, ripe for the milking.

Better chance of learning how to make a cold fusion reactor researching Veeky Forums than getting a good physique in that place.

with every site you take what is good and leave the bs behind.

>what do?
You need to poo in the loo

Stop listening to stupid advice. Carbs are fine as long as you don't go over your TDEE everyday.

Hahahah man you are dumber than expected.

Olympians and top athletes eat a truck load of carbs

>bikini models

hahahaha

wew lad

Eating carbs =! eating like an obese fuck

try substitute the rice for vegetable or pulse with higher protein content. If you must, brown rice for protein content instead of basmati or whatever you use.
For carb content, if you eat reasonably small portions presumably you'll work off that energy.

ya and they have stupid idiot face doo doo heads too

step 1: burn more calories than you eat

Jesus fucking Christ you're retarded.

I'd suggest you to kill yourself if you weren't already doing it.

You don't have to eat less carbs to get fit. Anyone telling you that is wrong.

Rice really isn't an ideal fitness food, however.

literally just eat less bhat in your dal bhat dishes, dumbass

eat less rice you fat fuck

That's a pretty standard rasam, heres the variant my family uses

+ 1 flat ladle of toor dal into pot
+ half pot of water into pot
% 6/10 heat
= ~40 minutes, until dal is transparent, flattened
% 4/10 heat
+ 2 medium tomatoes or equivalent [thickly diced]
+ 2-3 curry leaves
? mustard seeds, garlic, green chili
= until boiled
+ heaped tsp of char powder
+ .5 tsp tamarind
+ .5 tsp jaggery
+ salt to taste
+ turmeric to taste
+ asafoetida to taste
= until boiled, Done

tfw just want ottermode

in general I will try eating less rice and more dal, probably will add less water

I usually eat brown basmati rice, I'm not sure if it really matters over white rice

donezo

yeah but the thing is my usual diet goes over the TDEE easily

aight

re: everyone else I do some basic lifts 3x a week. just trying to get my carbs under TDEE, not really bulking or cutting rn

>burn more calories than you eat
That would lead to weight loss.

poo in loo, Pajeet

Do more cardio bitch

Beans are still carbs idiot.

Low carb high fat, nigga. Fat is a steady, slow burning energy source compared to sugar which is quick burning meaning you have to eat much more frequently in order to feel full of energy.

Low carb, moderate protein, high fat.

You should sautee the mustard seed, garlic and chili separately before adding it to the rasam.

What's char powder?

You're a clueless moron who buys fish oil

Youve no clue of nutrition

Or maybe I've actually done the research and didn't buy into the sugar jew?
Have you read any nutritional research in the past 10 years?
Or hell, looked at ANY news media in the past week? The documents released that outright fucking say the sugar industry pointed the blame at fat (wrongly) to stop people from realizing sugar is the leading cause of heart disease and inflammatory diseases, I guess those don't exist.
I bet you still think dietary cholesterol has anything to do with blood cholesterol levels and heart disease.

Honestly, once cal in< cal out, you will go down in weight. Once at an acceptable weight try to fit in more proteins and train, it aint that hard son

That ignores the fact that if you're eating a lot of sugar/carbs your insulin spikes which suppresses leptin which tells you when you're full.
This makes it much harder to not over eat, not to mention the fact that insulin signals fat storage (instead of usage). Not AS big a deal if OP has already lost the weight and is looking to bulk, but if he's still got fat to lose this is going to make it harder.
Plus you need enough protein for muscle maintenance (this doesn't mean more protein = better as excess is converted to glucose, but it is important for bulking up).

Apparently am retarded and didn't notice the last half of that post. Pls ignore.

>How do I get Veeky Forums if everyone is telling me to eat less carbs?

Count calories.

If you don't know enough about the recipes (i.e. ingredients by weight), or someone else cooks for you, tough shit.

You gotta do work and make permanent changes if you wanna be Veeky Forums.

Eat whole grain rice instead

>cal in< cal out
isn't restricting calories going to fuck up my hormones?

If you want to cut fat at all, you don't have a choice

If you're fat, your hormones are already fucked up.

Do you even know what having "normal" hormones is like?

no excuses tubby

Just don't eat South Indian food, dum dum.

Jesus christ, Veeky Forums fags literally can't start a single thread without sounding like they have the IQ of fucking 5 year old's.

OP is obviously not cooking.

I doubt he even knows how.

You need a lot of carbs. Try switching to brown rice, though, since it gives starchy carbs - before and after training. Stick to non-starchy carbs otherwise. The curry should keep you proteinated more than enough.

Problem is that this isn't exactly true. If you don't cut enough, the body reduces metabolism slightly and you lose nothing. If you cut too much, body goes into panic mode and you stop losing for a long time, then lose all your gainz, then start losing slowly.

Eat more eggs. Literally involves putting it in boiling water for a minute and taking it out.

all kenyan olympian runners eat is bread for breakfast and cornmeal or rice or potatoes for lunch and dinner

I'm from Veeky Forums. Assuming you are trying to lose weight just EAT LESS + enough protein + eat green vegetables (not startches if you are trying to lose weight). Drink a lot of water and count calories (stuff like myfitnesspal might help, find out your TDEE using google). Exercise always helps too, but it doesn't burn as much calories as you think and diet is more important.

That's why they all look like bodybuilders.

i actually lost 80 pounds eating exactly that

poptarts for breakfast
mac and cheese for lunch
and a giant bowl of pasta for dinner

all those carbs really keep you from getting mentally fatigued

You always need starches just before and after exercises to promote muscle growth, though.

Someone did nothing but eat whatever murrikan super-fat snack that starts with a t- is, twixler or some shit, to prove that what counts is purely calories when trying to lose weight. Guess the result.

but you have to eat muscle to get muscle, how do you think cows are so muscular

you're a fucking retard

>broscience cuckolds

>Veeky Forumscucks come to Veeky Forums
>get BTFO

Eat meat Indians cuisine is gain goblin grub. Or overdo eggs and dairy.

low carb leads to low testosterone

If the vegetarianism is a religious thing, you could always just give in to that voice in your heart that you pretend you can't hear and admit it's all a work of fiction.

Olympians eat quantities of carbs that's make any of us larger than the Midwest's finest landwhales, user. You can't train that much without tons of fuel.

its not about eating less carbs you mong, count your calories and make sure you are on a deficit, thats it.

Technically yes and no. If you do a serious killer workout, you need to replenish your glycogen so you don't get cramps and shit. Not necessarily starch but anything that does that. Same thing as drinking a chocolate milk along a 20 mile ruck march with 85 pounds on your back and carrying a rifle. Just not straight water.

Counting calories is the biggest part, but eating more protein makes you less hungry and feel more satisfied.

Carbs are the most efficient food for humans. Back when our ancestors were starving carbs was the greatest meal as potatoes and butter or rice and fish one could not only live but thrive. Now days in our world of excess where one can eat meat sugar and carbs easily the problem is not carbs but overeating. A good solution for people without self control I'd a keto diet it removes the most calorie dense food allowing them to eat more meat and fat which are generally tastier and more of it as you have a caloric surplus from not eating or reduced carbs.

In India it's still primarily rice because many in India are labor workers or at least the thin ones are. As you go higher in the social class in India the obesity disparity becomes greater still consuming energy efficient carbs along with more meat and going over your basal metabolic rate.

Eat less than your tdee to lose weight and move more, eat more to gain weight. If you have no self control low carbs or no carbs can help look at keto diet.

You literally have no scientific basis for your posts and are oblivious to the fact you're referring to an abstract period in the 60s when there is research upon research since the 1920s that disproves everything you are claiming. Meanwhile your claims about fat and what not being healthy are entirely new and are only supported by research conveniently funded by Dairy and Egg boards

You are a fucking retard, mindless sheep, golden retriever of a human

You're not gonna make it past 35

>Fat is bad for you meme

archinte.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1108492

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1467-789X.2012.01021.x/abstract;jsessionid=7396D07C42DB2B84642D35158B132AF9.d04t04

press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jc.2002-021480

jpeds.com/article/S0022-3476(02)40206-5/abstract

>Fructose doesn't damage the liver/cause non-alcoholic fatty liver disease

louisville.edu/faculty/x0zhan17/papers/2013_fructose_obesity

sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/06/130619164437.htm

The science on fat not being bad for you has been around for ages. Low carb/high fat diets were used to treat diabetes, and epilepsy back in the old days and they STILL ARE.
Funny you should mentioned big industry funding of studies because every time a new article would come out about how fat wasn't causing heart disease, the sugar industry would pump more funding into studies that said sugar wasn't to blame and fat was.
This is provable with confidential documents that were recently made public.

There have been at least 40 long term studies on low carb high fat diet, most of them found 1) more weight loss compared to low fat and high carb and 2) long term safety

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/
>Therefore, the present study confirms that it is safe to use a ketogenic diet for a longer period of time than previously demonstrated.

Weird how that conclusion mirrors my own results. Low carb, moderate protein, high fat.
My LDL and Triglycerides went down, my HDL went up, my trig/HDL ratio is in the "great" levels now, my blood sugar went down, my resting insulin went down, my fatty liver went away, I lost 70 pounds, my resting heart rate went down, and my blood pressure went down.
I had a calcium score - no heart disease in sight.

But I guess I must be mistaken or lying. Fat being harmless has been published for decades. But big sugar had the money to "refute" it with paid studies.

Now you, I like.