How much truth is there in Hanks saying "Taste the meat, not the heat"?

How much truth is there in Hanks saying "Taste the meat, not the heat"?

I'm not American, so I don't really get the chance to grill often, if ever.

Does propane really give a cleaner tasting food, or is charcoal better?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyers_guide/grills/charcoal_grills_vs_gas_grills.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyers_guide/grills/charcoal_grills_vs_gas_grills.html

don't ask the random assholes on Veeky Forums, ask an expert

>cant grill
>not american

lolwut.jpg

Propane doesnt impart any flavor onto what is being grilled. Charcoal on the other hand will leave the meat with a smokey flavor which some people prefer

Somethings I prefer over charcoal.
Sometimes propane is just more convenient.

If I had to choose to own one but not the other, I would take charcoal.
Those smokey burgers. BBQ chicken.

>amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyers_guide/grills/charcoal_grills_vs_gas_grills.html
It's probably harder to buy a device in a country that doesn't usually have cuisine that is cooked using that device

Do you live in North Korea if your cuisine doesn't include fucking meat?

charcoal is harder to regulate but so much better than gas.

Charcoal is the only thing that qualifies as being grilled. Propane is terrible, might as well just use a frying pan

I have both a charcoal and gas grill

Charcoal tastes better, gas is quicker and easier to control. I only use my gas grill if I don't have the time to sit around waiting for coals to get hot or baby the food

Im from northern europe and we grill all summer. However, Im also interested in hearing about propane-grilling since everyone here uses charcoal. I remember that KotH episode where Peggy and Bobby tastes charcoal grilled hamburgers and then have to lie to Hank that they still prefer propane grilled.

Propane is convenient of you dont want to mess with hardwood charcoal. The briquettes are made with petroleum despite what people may try and tell you and dont taste great even using non-fluid means of ignition. If you get a gas grill though, dont be a cheap bastard. I paid about 500 for a weber 10 years ago and it still cooks like a boss, it was more their base model than top of the line

>2016
>not using a gas grill with hickory chips in a smoke box.

You actually can have it both ways

Hank Hill's philosophy is dildos. I like smoky flavor + meat flavor. It's way better than just meat flavor alone.

good steakhouses use gas

/thread

Because you're getting a good steak, not random bits of fat and meat ground together and spiced.

The joke is that he's a zealot and also wrong.
His own family prefers charcoal, and his neigbours prefer mesquite.

But Texas is a place where you take a hard stance on irrelevant bullshit, like beans in chilli.

The whole joke about Hank's character is that he is Texan, but prefers propane over charcoal. Charcoal is better for grilling/barbecuing . Propane is just more convenient for daily cooking, but isn't very flavorful.

Boomhauer is perceived as a lady's man, but he is actually pretty sleezy and gets rejected by multiple girls until one says 'yes'.

Dale is a gullible man who believes in a bunch of silly conspiracies, but can't see that his wife is cheating on him with John Redcorn .

Bill is Bill.

Boomhauer is the voice of reason, but the audience can't understand what he's saying most of the time.

What about bird Wednesday?

Where I live, neighbors like to complain about the smell. It is also outlawed in a lot of parks because of the nuisance and the mess left behind.

>implying Dale doesn't know

He thinks Joseph's father is an alien and that his half-sister is half-alien too.

m8 I don't know where you come from but only the mentally ill fuck meat here.
weirdo.

Don't forget that Boomhauer is an undercover Texas Ranger there specifically to keep tabs on Dale

You might as well use the stove if you are going to "grill" with propane. Avoid charcoal briquettes compressed saw dust. Use hardwood lump charcoal or just hardwood. Although if you are going to use hardwood you need to start the fire with plenty of time to allow it to burn down to coals.

It's actually rather sweet in a sad sort of way - he literally can't fathom the idea of Nancy being unfaithful.

That fuckin' whore.

No point in grilling if you are just going to use gas. Half the point is the smoky flavour.

Fuck your quads, that is NOT irrelevant.

Beans have absolutely no place in Chili- that makes it a goulash.

Texas forever.

>that moment john redcorn tries to claim his right to talk to his son
>"shug, he's dale's son"
t motherfucking fw

I use my gas grill as an outdoor oven. If I want to grill I use charcoal. The cheapest 100 dollar weber is perfect.

I use propane because we're not allowed to use charcoal grills on the apartment patios. Gotta get me some wood chips though.

>How much truth is there in Hanks saying "Taste the meat, not the heat"?
Almost none.
How the heat is applied is the only truly important factor.

>or is charcoal better?

Charcoal is better.

>Fuck your quads, that is NOT irrelevant.
>Beans have absolutely no place in Chili- that makes it a goulash.
>Texas forever.
These are all true.

I could care less what the writers wanted.
The story and humor are best when taken at face value, otherwise it becomes shitty meme commentary.

>not giving yourself a "ham slice handy"

you're missing out tbqh

you should look into a charcoal chimney, that'll cut off half your issue with charcoal

because to maintain the heat all business day, gas is a hell of a lot more efficient then shoveling coal

a small chemistry lesson; propane burns with oxygen to produce CO2 and H2O, Charcoal is near pure carbon and when it burns produces mostly CO2. So, burning propane adds a boiling, or steaming effect to whatever you are cooking.