What IS this stuff? I know what it says it is, but when I eat it it tastes like literally nothing...

What IS this stuff? I know what it says it is, but when I eat it it tastes like literally nothing...just some form of ever so slightly salty saw dust

flyover """""cheese""""""

>saw dust
ingredients: cellulose powder
so, correct.

It's trash, just like most of he stuff in the supermarket.

That's exactly what it is, don't buy it retard.

Any Kraft ((cheese)) products contain very little cheese.

I like it, what does everyone else use?

cheese

What comes in the shakers at italian restaurants? It's better than Kraft cheez dust but it isn't nearly as good as real parm. It must be something they get from restaurant grade food suppliers

It IS cheese, but the addition of cellulos powder is meh.
You can get the exact same crap without it, but the taste difference is minor.

These guys saying it's got sawdust in - it explicitly states "no fillers" in the image. Surely that's not allowed even in Burgerland?

People can't be wrong on the internet. Especially when stating opinions that aren't even their own.

they put cellulose powder in it to prevent clumping

But then that's not 100%...

It is if the cellulose prevents clumping, and is thus not technically a filler. Get it now?

it's parmesan cheese you motherfucking idiot.

it's real parmesan, by definition, you plebian fuckwit.

it's pure cheese you tinfoil conspiracy theorist.

So it's not [100% real grated parmesan] ??

Whether or not the cellulose is a filler is irrelevant, if it's not parmesan it can't be in there if it really is 100% parmesan?

Maybe some brackets help to parse this?

100% ( Real ( Grated ( Parmesan style cheese product, may contain sawdust, chalk and what not))) No Fillers.

What it actually says is they didn't add any more fillers to the stuff once it was grated.

obviously the FDA allows them to put that it's 100% of something even if it's only 99.5%

Wew lads, I'm glad that sort of shit wouldn't be allowed over here. The EU is pretty shit but it does lock down food regs.

That stuff sucks compared to a wedge of cheese. Just get a wedge and grate it yourself. Cheaper (usually, kinda), less chemicals and tastes much better. Actually, all the wedges I've found have like 20x stronger taste than this shit, so go easy if it's your 1st time grating it from a wedge.

it's not like cellulose powder is bad for you. it just makes it easier to sprinkle. there's not really anything wrong with putting it in a $2 can of shitty parmesan

No, you dipshit, it's only parmesan by labeling loopholes. It is not pure cheese, and anyone with any sort of fucking mind about food will tell you the same. It is primarily cheese-flavored cellulose.

It's not about whether it's bad for you or not, it's about whether the food is labelled honestly. This sort of thing is blatantly anti-consumer.

But it says $100 real grated Parmesan tho?

>primarily cellulose
lolno. it's primarily shit-tier cheese with cellulose added to prevent caking. however, shit-tier cheese is still cheese.

Kek

It's real grated parmesan. The trouble is they use wood cellulose to keep it from turning into a brick.

Real parmesan isn't even that expensive considering how much you would use for a given dish (e.g. topping pasta). I bought a $2 wedge that has lasted me weeks.

A good parmesan is like ~$25/lb

True, but even the cheapest block parmesan is orders of magnitude better than the pre-grated Kraft stuff.

>why isn't everyone an autistic foodNEET like me

*buys cheese*
*90% of it is wasted because who eats that much cheese except fat fucks*
oh wait this board is full of them

Fucking balony. I grate real parm reg and it never needs a declumping ingredient. A dry sealed container will keep real parm reg until it goes stale.