What tablet does Veeky Forums recommend/use for reading downloaded books, including pdfs...

What tablet does Veeky Forums recommend/use for reading downloaded books, including pdfs? Don't think I'd be using it for anything else.

Real Books.

So at some point you have to admit to yourself that storing volumes of moldy paper up to the ceiling is less efficient than a flash drive. I too, like you, once preferred books in a physical form, but it really just doesn't do you any good.

/g/ get out. Buy a kindle, the product specifically designed for this purpose. You can upload files to it.

Are you implying the same book on a tablet is less real? I'm asking Veeky Forums, not /r/philosophy.

Any table running android.
Avoid sing Kindle/Amazon tablet products.

Use an app called "iReader" - its an industry standard for eReading.

>you're very welcome, friendo

found the troll from the trashcan we call /b/

It's good that you made this thread because there were only ten billion of them in the archive and we needed one more.

The current ebook technology is not good enough to replace books.

Kobo glo hd, supports epub unlike kindle

lol

I have no problems with the glo op, but this guy here is a retard. Calibre, which you would use to manage and upload your ebooks regardless of whether you had to convert, auto converts for the device, and epub to azw3 is lossless as far as the conversion.

Yes but

>Kobo = good on its own
>Kindle = B-BUT CALIBRE!

If you need third party programs to be good, there's a problem.

Pretty much bullshit, i click send to device, thats it. Also I use calibre on all my devices and computer from a central book server so i can always share with friends. Calibre is probably the best piece of freeware you will ever use, and if you dont you should be.

I'm sorry for oppressing you. Go ahead and post whatever you want and you can have a little side thread inside of mine.

Thanks to everyone who's posted suggestions so far.

I do use it, I was only pointing out that in a vacuum the Kobo is the better device and the Paperwhite needs Calibre to be on the same level, and that's without counting the ads and the higher price.

God bless

I have one of those first generation Kindles with the keyboard and no backlight and no touchscreen and it's actually not that bad.

Shit has tripled my reading speed and output. I've finished like 4 books in the last two weeks.

Tablets smell like video games. I read real books because I would like to continue life without not being heterosexual.

That's not true. I read on my tablet, and when I read a physical book I still need to have my tablet nearby to look words up and Google things. The software I use to read has all of that integrated and it cuts down time immensely. There are literally no disadvantages to using an e-reader or a tablet.

>There are literally no disadvantages to using an e-reader or a tablet.

Reading poetry

I like my Nook. It's an older model but it works like new (it's maybe four years old?). I got it because I loathe Amazon, and BN is marginally better, but the product itself is pretty good imo. Good battery, nice size, light works.

how so?

Idk.

any android tablet + bluescreen filter app + Dropbox (upload all your books) + Ebookdroid (for PDFs) + Alkido (for epubs)

Handles PDFs like a fuckin dream lad. Plus no horrible calibre needed.

I have a Kindle Voyage and it has been great so far. I actually bought a Paperwhite 3 first and it was defective out of the box, so I returned it and decided to upgrade.

Tried a Kobo and it explodes if you try to open a PDF.

Nook is pretty good, but it lacks a lot of the things that the newer Kindles do.

I really fucking hate Amazon's botnet, but it's the best ereader currently on the market.

The Oasis looks horrible and the reviews show that Amazon has another defective on release product for the seventh time in a row.

Wish someone would make an 8-10 inch color eink reader with an SD card slot, a real processor, and no proprietary shit.

Why avoid the kindle? I have a paperwhite kindle myslef in i think its pretty nice

Virtually no quality control

You'll probably get three defective ones before you get a good one.

They also conveniently brick within six months of going out of warranty.

They also scan everything you store in their cloud

ereaders need about three to five more years before they stop sucking

Use Moonreader. It runs epubs great and PDFs at least on par with Adobe.

The major problem with eReading and tablets is you just get lumped in with all the other idiots who use a tablet to play their pleb games or browse Facebook. With a physical book in your hand people will understand you are reading and know you are of high intelligence.

Does the iPad work as well as the android?

Which one do Catholics prefer?