Where to start with Yukio Mishima?

Where to start with Yukio Mishima?

At the base of the shaft.

I've read the Temple of the golden pavilion and confessions of a mask and I liked the temple much more

the sailor who fell from grace with the sea

I'm finishing the last few chapters of Spring Snow as we speak. Beautifully written. Definitely recommend it.

But we can't read japanese

by the end. so just kill yourself.

why arent shitposters getting banned?

Not on this board.

Fuck off to /pol/.

Mishima's novels are actually great art. I've read quite a few bookies and he's among my top 5 favorite authors

This is like a rapist telling me that some white men did good things.

Fuck off.

Show me your guts and I'll show you mine

In order to understand Mishima and the prevalent themes of his writing, you need to watch or read a biography of him. Then I'd read A Sailor who Fell From Grace

Here comrade.

I thought Patriotism was a good short read to get started with

DEEP DARK FANTASY

skip The Sound of Waves
it's Mishima-lite

Thanks m8

>Mfw I read Sun and Steel looking for fitness tips, and get nothing but philosophy

This desu. Start with a biography, then pick a book. I started with The Temple of the Golden Pavilion.

Kekked hard.
I remember feeling the same when I decided to start working out.

What about reading "Sun and Steel"?

I've heard it's quite biographical and he explains his core philosophy and ideas of death.

lol

I don't think this is necessary. His philosophy becomes rather concrete after you read a couple of his books. Perhaps not so much his early novels but his later ones much more so. In fact you could learn most of what you need to know by just reading the first two books of his tetralogy. It's not like it's a complex philosophy.

please leave