What are the most reputable engineering schools? Pic related

What are the most reputable engineering schools? Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-engineering-schools/texas-am-university-college-station-look-02174
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well I know that Jim's whorehouse in downtown Denver can teach you the best skills an engineer can have, cock sucking and taking it up the ass.

>Butthurt mathfag detected

I'm sure your knowledge of theoretical nth dimensional geometric spaces has made you incredibly marketable. How do you turndown all those job offers?

MIT Stanford Caltech?

Jews, chinks, and poo-in-loos.

University of Michigan - Ann Arbor

How hard is it to transfer to a top tier public engineering school from out of state?

Illinois, purdue, michigan, Georgia tech

I've worked with a few EEs who graduated from GA Tech, and they've all been exceptionally well educated. They all have really strong fundamentals, and it seems like they've all focused on one very specific, very useful skillset. FPGAs, power electronics, and instrumentation to be more specific. I have a lot of respect for that program.

Plus, none of them had any student debt because they all went to Georgia high schools.

Top ranked engineering school. Tied with Duke and top 10 in Nuclear.

Berkeley

South Dakota School of Mines and Technology is pretty good from what I hear. Too bad it's a total sausagefest.

NC state

I'd like fries with that

>Brainlet detected
I'd choose Caltech for graduate studies though

kek @ MIT Reject schools

They didn't even highlight all the important things in my MIT reject acceptance letter what the fuck

Jesus that's fruity.

i just used the You got in as a keyword when searching through my email and forgot to unhighlight the word

It made your letter look like they have to highlight the details for kids with bad reading comprehension

this wasnt the actual acceptance, this was emailed like a day after to give confirmation and details, there was a lot more formal one when the decision first were announced (I was regular action)

>emojis
>fifthally
>special email address!
>our delivery owls
>glorious
>awesome you!
>all your new friends
>with love

Fucking hell man, is this an acceptance letter for a university or for a underground gay orgy club.

>inb4 butthurt MIT reject

I don't give two shits about MIT. Engineering is dumb, mathematics is the way of life. I am just posting here because that email looks really fucking dumb.

Arizona State University

EE Master race reporting in

Save me from this shithole

If you want advice regarding college/university or your career path, go to /adv/ - Advice.

its the quirky culture of the school mann and course 18 at MIT is one of the best mathematics programs in the world

>using Facebook groups for everything and every aspect of life
When will this fucking nightmare end?

>quirky

That's an interesting word.

When women call themselves quirky. DROPPED. Out of my face you fucking autist.

So if a university's culture is also quirky then I think it is absolute shit.

Quirky is such a shitty word, we need better words.

Because that's the place to get math advice from liberal arts majors!

What should I expect from one of the reputable engineering schools?

Theres a part of campus here that is most definitely "Quirky" (east campus) the rest of the school is just awkward/normal people who are smart

Why would you just assume that /adv/ is entirely liberal arts students? Your post doesn't belong here. Go to college confidential or something.

Anyone here have any experience with Ohio State University? How is it's engineering program?

Purdue
UMich
Stanford
Illinois
NC State
Georgia Tech
Virginia Tech
Texas A&M
Cal - Berkeley
Cal Tech

>A and M
>reputatble

grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-engineering-schools/texas-am-university-college-station-look-02174

Going to Med school so doesn't matter where I go anyways

>ctrl+f cambridge
>0

Veeky Forums I thought you were supposed to be intelligent?

If you like being deep in debt sure

i honestly don't know why this place is so reputable though

Although only ranked 9 in top engineering for aerospace, the campus is nice and the experience was unlike anything I could have imagined.

If there's any reason to hate MIT its because they're very, very blatant with affirmative action, which is a big no-no for something that bills itself as an institute of technology.

Because of this its getting flooded with casuals there that creates the OmG We'ERE so NERDY xD XD culture there if anything.

I am not OP. How likely is it STEM majors are hanging out in /adv/ instead of Veeky Forums? Your advice is unsound.

Congratulations, you're black or 1/64th feathernigger!

>go to college confidential or something
This means go away

it's 10x cheaper than any of the Ivies. Also all the PhDs are funded

I got accepted there but they didnt accept any of my associates degree credits. Two extra years of school wasn't worth it.

>Cal - Berkeley
>Cal Tech
It's UC Berkeley or Cal, fuckwit. It's also Caltech.

RIP the good seal

>quirky culture
>implying it's anything more than just a bunch of high pressure kids gushing about how "nerdy we are lol. Being a nerd is totally awesome! xD"

PORTLAND STATE GO VIKINGS WOO

>mfw I went there for my first time going to college
>Mfw I was a music major
After a year I was done, and music was ruined for me. Their curriculum is 10 kinds of fucked up.

Yeah, I noticed their 40% graduation rate when I applied.

Beggars can't be choosers.

With an 85 percent acceptance rate, you're a shoe in. The campus is neat because it's downtown, but it's shit for the same reason. Portland is awful. Only beaten out by Eugene and Ashland.

Story time

The public transit and low tuition sold it for me. Just hoping the engineering dept is insulated from the suck.

>18
>apply to multiple colleges for music, because I'm lazy and wanted to go with something I'm good at
>Get scholarships to decent music schools
>Chapman University
>Pacific Lutheran
>University of Oregon
>Portland State
>choose PSU because its close to home, cheapest, and my tuba teacher was a professor there
>regret it from day one
>shitty music staff
>Making music an academic subject was a mistake on my part
>stupid humanities requirements for all majors
>have a 'Human nature' class taught by a Bernie Sanders-esque jew
>Mentions his physical ailments somewhat regularly
>Class is full of hipsters and feminists
>talk about privilege
>war is bad
>etc
>Take a welding class and drop out
>join the army
>have fun
>Now going back to school in the fall for bio/premed at Oregon State
Advising staff was shit. I met with an advisor maybe once, for about 15 minutes. Then my advisor never saw me again.
The faculty there is mediocre at best. My German prof was fantastic though
>Yale grad
>Former Yale professor
He was the best teacher at that school.

Yay. I can't wait.

Because applied math isn't a field that gets jobs without having to take it up the ass.

>ATM

>Ass To Mouth

Nice meme university lads

Its this based in part on a real admission letter? I know MIT can be cringe as hell so I would believe it.

>(you)

holy shit

>caring about "universities" outside the US

>caring about your engineering school reputation
All that matters is industry links. Research power jack-offs aren't going to help you find a job.

All PhD programs that are reputable are full funded e.g. Princeton, Columbia etc.

>All that matters is industry links
and why do you think companies have certain reputations of some schools, and why do they specifically recruit at the schools that they do?

>If there's any reason to hate MIT its because they're very, very blatant with affirmative action

immediately makes me think of the dumb half-black girl I knew who went there.

Affirmative action will be going back to the Supreme Court for re-evaluation soon after a white girl sued some university after it rejected her on ostensibly racial grounds.

The supreme court said it would hear the case, but these things move through the legal system slowly.

Most companies just recruit from the local school.

that is not true at all
theres heavy industry recruitment at:

purdue
penn state
michigan
virginia tech
MIT
caltech

to name a few

And they also recruit at local schools because they can mould the course to suit their needs more easily.

I know that this must be true because Purdue is in the middle of fucking nowhere. Why would anyone want to be there is beyond me.

lel you cant change accredited curriculum
they may talk to professors and suggest spending some time on certain specific stuff, but accredidation boards are fucking strict cunts. we had to submit all of our graded homework and quizzes and shit for our senior design project for review to make sure everything was gucci with ABET
yeah but you got indy pretty close
but their career fairs are loaded with recruiters from like 300+ companies twice a year plus smaller career fairs. and then national lab day

a major civil employer told me they recruit from a local no-name school because they teach modules that suit their interests.

I go to Purdue. Pretty boring desu senpai

It's very clear you haven't spent any time at MIT. Half the students don't care about MIT culture and are just there for a degree. The other half aren't faking their autism, and they've been this way for decades. From what I've seen, the underqualified minorities mostly fall in the first group; they just get worse grades and need more help from everyone else.

No one acts like fake nerds except the admissions office and the applicants who comment on all their blog posts trying to imitate them.

Hey I'm black and got into MIT. Was I underqualified?

Here are my stats:
ACT score: 35
Math Level 2: 800
Chemistry: 780
4.0 GPA, many extracurriculars that I am truly passionate about. I did attend a program for minorities unrepresented in engineering at MIT though.

Am I just one of the so-called "underqualified minorities" you speak of?

>Hey I'm black
Yes.

The University of Michigan is retarded expensive

Not pic related that's for sure.

CE at ASU here, started as EE and realized I didn't hate myself THAT much.

>Purdue

Really close to Chicago? Not really in the middle of nowhere?

Caltech, Berkeley, ETH, TU Delft, TU Darmstadt, MIT, IPN.

>Spending hundreds of thousands on the North Campus diag for the slight hope it will attract more people to come up.

lol

Another reason affirmation action is bad.

It devalues the merits of minorities who would have been accepted regardless.

>best nuclear engineering program in the country
their school is dope they dont need extra coercion

Man, the school doesn't give a shit about the engineers, I have no idea why we're ranked so high.

Probably on due to the fact our Profs. get a shitton of NSF grants.

>engineering
>in demand

Yeah. Engineering is a weird thing in UoM. It is a prestigious school to go to, but is treated like shit. Still, the education there is amazing.

tfw when someone that looks like this goes to an ivy league and you went to some shitty uni

Who /Stanford/ here?

>Was I underqualified?

Do you really want to know?

Ask yourself honestly: if you weren't a non Asian minority, would you still have gotten in?

The answer is no. If you somehow think yes, you're suffering from MIT affirmative action admit special snowflake syndrome.

You probably think your stats are impressive. But here's the raw truth senpai: your stats are a dime a dozen. Really. You really didn't do anything in particular to deserve being there.

Even if, hypothetically, you directly ask the admissions office or anyone around you whether you were just admitted due to affirmative action or not to disprove my claim, they'll just say no no, you have imposter syndrome, you are special, etc.

Everyone you see each day has probably constructed a bubble around you. It's the same exact bubble that carried you in. You're more useful to them if you believe you got there by your own merit after all...

So realize this: you should be more grateful than you are arrogant.

never posted in one of these threads. hi there

Only 780?

I only applied because of 2001 a Space Odyssey

University of Calgary

>32 000 people
>good engineering school
>good business school
>somewhat notable quantum research dept
>decent comp sci
>nice campus but CAF in the winter
>almost every building is connected in +15 so you can walk around whole campus without going outside
>more girls than dudes, ez to fuggg

What does Veeky Forums think of Embry Riddle? I'm considering applying there for a degree in aeronautical engineering. From what I hear they have a good engineering program.

Ok, I will admit that my stats are pretty much the same as anyone else who was seriously considered for admission, but there was little possibility of me doing any better than I did.

I fully recognize what you're trying to say and how you're trying to be as inoffensive as possible, but I could potentially be anyone with that information. You don't think that a single non-Asian minority belongs at the school despite their merits? Even if they're not that special, do they not meet the qualifications of the school considering that most of the people admitted have lower stats? Even if so, these populations make up a significantly lower population of the school than they do of the applicant pool and the United States

I'm not trying to be arrogant. I do still feel grateful because I don't feel so entitled to admission. I know I've gotten a good amount of help, but I still feel that it's unfair to pass that judgement and isolate on people who are minorities despite their merits

>You don't think that a single non-Asian minority belongs at the school despite their merits?

What merits?

Non-Asian minority admits have a lot of "merit" until you put them next to, say, an Asian admit. You know, the USAMO qualifier, IMO medalist types.

The thing about affirmative action is that its a system that it redefines "merit" by making it purely relative to your race. But of course this isn't how merit really works in the real world.

Its why non-Asian minority students in MIT get slammed into the ground by the rest of campus - academically and otherwise. Because at the end of the day, no amount of prestige will be able to compensate for a person's lack of ability to compete with people who are judged and filtered through a much harsher standard.

>do they not meet the qualifications of the school considering that most of the people admitted have lower stats

You are not being compared with the average of the whole applicant pool, as would be done in a meritocratic system. Because of affirmative action, you are compared to members of your race.

35 ACT is far more than enough to be impressive... for a black guy. On the other hand 36 gets a mere glance for an Asian guy.

Congrats man, you are more than "qualified". I put that in quotes, because "qualifications" have really become a joke these days.

Background:
Middle Eastern

SAT 2210
Math Level 2 790 (haven't done imaginary/matrices/etc. for 2 years)
Biology 780
40/42 IB (convert it urself amerifags)
Started school wide recycling program. Even got scholarship to visit a country for it.

Deferred Early then ultimately Rejected. Even from all the other top notch ones I did.
'Going to SkidmarkU in Montreal now (which I applied for April 2) instead of Baruch to not be broke + only 3 years.

You made it into a good school. Probably from affirmative. Probably from essays. I know for a fact my essays sucked dick since I wrote it in the same tone it works here in Muhammad-land.

I know white people with shittier scores than you than that got accepted. You might not be under-qualified. Maybe you are. Who the fuck knows.

Enjoy that