ITT: Fast food unique to your country

Ireland here

The Spice Bag is unique to Dublin and the surrounding counties, it doesn't exist anywhere else in the country (yet).

Allegedly started by some Chinese takeaway in Cavan a few years ago, it's possibly the most filthy and delicious thing in existence.

It's basically a brown paper bag with:
>chips (i.e. freedom fries in Burgerland)
>onions
>peppers
>deep-fried balls of chicken
>spices

All shaken up in a bag.

Article about them (actually proves me wrong a bit, apparently they've reached Galway. Yet to see them at home in Cork though):
lovin.ie/news/feature/11-spice-bags-from-around-ireland-that-you-need-to-try-before-you-die

What about you cu/ck/s?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.ie/life/food-drink/recipes/craving-a-spice-bag-irish-youtuber-chef-creates-easypeasy-guiltfree-recipe-34404880.html
youtube.com/watch?v=cvo99q4S3Xo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Idk, are fried pickles a thing outside of america?

Steamed hot dogs and poutine. A Quebec standard big boy meal.
Usually made by greeks.

Sounds interesting, I might try it out. But those prices really seem high - chips and chicken balls and some veg for €5+?

How might I recreate it? Chips, chicken balls, fried onions and peppers, and some mysterious Chinese spices (I would guess white pepper, chilli, and five spice since those are the most stereotypical)?

It's like 6 quid, but to be fair, it's more than a one-person meal, they're genuinely hard to finish. Probably the cheapest meal you'll get in a Dublin chipper tbqh.

If you REALLY feel the needs, some cuck decided to make a healthy one here:
independent.ie/life/food-drink/recipes/craving-a-spice-bag-irish-youtuber-chef-creates-easypeasy-guiltfree-recipe-34404880.html

Tbqh it's not the real experience unless it's from a filthy chinese though. Same as making a brekky roll yourself- in theory it's the same thing, but it never quite tastes like you'd get it at a petrol station when you're hungover.
Incidentally, for non-Irish anons, breakfast rolls are another fast food that may be unique to Ireland (though they may have them in Bong)- basically just a Full Irish in a baguette. Absolute silver bullet if you're hungover.

Entire song explaining them:
youtube.com/watch?v=cvo99q4S3Xo

On mobile so I can't post a picture but Donairs. They're a warm pitta filled with onions Donairs meat and tomatos (sometimes mozzarella) and topped with Donairs sauce which is a sweet sauce made from milk. Fuckin delicious.

Have them in Tipp. Except it's in a cardboard box the same as you get with a snack box. Tge chicken is fried strips coated in batter. Costs 5.50 and absolutely busts ya

>they're genuinely hard to finish

You've never met an American

it's basically meatloaf with lots of spices. the sauce is condensed milk with sugar, garlic and vinegar

Good to see they're spreading. You occasionally get them in other containers in Dublin as well (one in Rathmines does it in a foil carton)

Yet to see one in Cork that has it though. Damn shame.

Spice bags were actually invented in the Sunflower takeaway in Templeogue. And theyre the best ones also.

>tfw those cunts don't deliver to Rathgar

New Fortune Cookie in Harold's Cross are hit-and-miss, but when they get it right it's fucking delish

Or, well, they don't on JustEat anyway.

Fucking Indian here. Will have to post a 100 pics

Was going to make fun of how, other than the butter, it's just carbs on carbs. But, remembered as a kid, I started eating leftover spaghetti bolognese on white bread after reading about it in "It's Like This, Cat."

not even that healthy desu, the only "healthy" thing I see in the video is the crushed almond. maybe you can count baking fries and chicken instead of frying too but that's not that big a difference in taste

Yeah but also you use well-buttered bread and the chips have to be properly salted and vinegared too. All in all, it really is fucking food of the gods although it doesn't look like much.

Kapsalon. Basically a döner kebab in an aluminium tray drenched with molten cheese

The two cheapest foods combined with a bit of butter as dressing

not sure where else you can find this, but when I moved to san diego from northern california I was happy to see that drive-thru taquerias are common here. Not anything like taco bell but actual taquerias. pretty cool imo

>The Spice Bag is unique to Dublin and the surrounding counties, it doesn't exist anywhere else in the country (yet).
Except the midlands, the west coast, and cork (the south coast)
That said, spice bags are whopper as fuck

hellz yea

here you have my collection of classics only in mexico.

Fuck you OP, you're making me miss home.

Britain - England - East London jellied eels. As grim as it sounds. Chopped eels boiled in a spiced stock that is allowed to cool and set, forming a jelly. It is eaten cold.. Traditional British food fucking sucks. The only good food we have is from immigrants.

Kleine Box überbacken mit doppelt Sauce

For whatever fucking reason, American fast food is just bizarre more than it is obscene (like the novelty foods in Asian countries.)

Burger king, for instance, released a summer item called "Mac n Cheetos" which were deep friend mac n cheese sticks covered in cheeto dust (pic related.) It was essentially kraft with crushed cheetos, and I personally found them to be god awful.

Hawaii will often have spam items on fast food menus, the McLobster is only found in Maine, and apparently Wendy's only makes triple burgers here too.

Also I hear we are the only country to have baha blast.

> the sauce is condensed milk with sugar, garlic and vinegar
Sounds fucking horrifying, like a 1950s American cookbook mayo recipe.

This, google translate fails.

I've been living in Dublin for six months, no idea this existed

But then again I try to avoid eating garbage

Remoaner pls go.

Spatzel
Shpetzel
Zpetzal
Damn I have no idea how you spell this
I'm a bit drunk
Latvian (I think, the guy who told me about it was anyway) probably Russian as well.
Cured pork belly. Depth of winter. Call all your friends over. Drink vodka and eat this. Drink more vodka and eat more. Drink more vodka. Drink more vodka. Wake up to babushka screaming at you and pushing your friends out the door with a broom.

Go for it, family

It's delish

Corkfag here

Never seen it at home

Got a lot of Turks here in the city in Germany I live in so we have some good kebab places. There's one that focuses on red cabbage and crispy pita that's really good

>fried chicken and french fries in a bag
unique Irish "culture"

what do call your potato chips? Fries?

crisps

SoCal here. I always thought pastrami chili fries were a commonplace thing but a lot of visitors from out of town have never heard of such a combination. It's just a heap of thick cut fries covered in "Bad Chili", sort of a tex-mex seasoned ragu rather than what you normally think of as chili, plus a heap of griddled shaved pastrami and some melted cheddar. You can usually get it with pickles/onions and a stripe of yellow mustard. If you like it hot, the sorts of places that offer them usually have pickled yellow peppers on offer; you bite the end off and squeeze the juices and seeds over your plate.

Jatsognietdannn

Yes, there probably is a way for you krauts to order a kapsalon. So what?

This is satire right?

So it's just salt and pepper chips with chicken balls?

A lot of 'American style' restaurants in London have something like this. Usually referred to as 'dirty fries' or 'hangover fries'.

Rasheed.

why not carne asada fries

Why do idiots call their crisps chips? They were invented here, they are called crisps.

>Hangover fries
Well that's just about the only time you'll be in the mood for them, except maybe when you're in the process of creating the hangover

Most places have that too but asada fries are much more widespread.

Not really a fast food unique to my "country" but believe they were made famous locally (DFW area)

Irish nachos.

That's just a wierd Mexican salad on top of a bag of Doritos

Goddamit now I miss SoCal.

That was taken at a Hat, wasn't it?

These are all revolting.

I tried same thing in Quebec about 12 year ago - they called it Fritpoivre or summit like that. Also tried summit similar in Washington DC. They call it Deepfry Mofo' Wit Chill. Looks like dried up puke - tastes like bliss.

At my old work, we used to order hot dogs from this place in Chicago called The Hat. Cheap restaurant for delivery. They do one of the best Chicago style hot dogs.

Basically exactly how this dog is dressed, but they would slit the ends if the Vienna dog open and grill it. Still very juicy, had some grill marks and more flavor. The Number 5 combo... 2 dogs, decent fries and canned pop for 6 bucks.

Yup. Gotta love the way the mexican shortorder cooks are willing to cram pastrami into everything down here.

that's all my favorite shit

Australia is more retarded... A chip can be both a crisp and a chip/fry, so to distinguish, you call chips/fries 'hot chips'

JUST

Salo

My area of the country at least, America is large. States surrounding Ohio. This is a 3-way, spaghetti chili and cheese, a 5-way has beans and onions too

Fellow Dallasite here. Where can I get these?

>skyline
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You couldn't be more wrong. Australia is highly intelligent because we refer to both 'hot chips' (aka fries) and 'potato chips' (aka crisps) as simply 'chips' because the context in which each word is used reveals which type of chip is being refered to. So we don't need to add that extra bit of descriptive information.

Fun fact: We call 'tuna fish' just 'tuna', for the same reason. And we love our tuna and chips!

I used to live around the corner from a Maxwell Street. Come home late at night, think, oh why not? Two dogs, or a dog and a polish. Still haven't had the pork chop.

France - we're not really a fast food country.

From my city there's the "pan bagnat" (pic related) which means "soaked bread" because it's drenched in olive oil. There also is the socca, but they have it in Italy too.
Our fast food is mostly sugary treats from the bakeries, or crêpes.

amerifag in france for a week. See this sacrilege display of fast food.

what do?

Looks like you're in the north.
Go south.

I want that meal

This is extremely common in Texas

Based Baja Blast

my nigga

Uruguay chivito.

Or just one of some curry

We DO NOT fucking ruin fries with mayo down here in Texas....shame on y'all if the rest of the South does.

Looks like something a drunk uni student would make

>steamed hot dog
fuck that
that's like something someone with the mind of a child and the mouth of a grandma would eat.

That shit is benjamin buttons food

i know it was. god bless them

What did she take from the pot ?

He obviously meant South France you steer fucker

LKW mit ABS
Leberkäsweckle mit a bissl Senf

Alsatian pizza (one region, two countries to be honest)

Schnitzelbrötchen

>obligatory Pulp Fiction quote
>inb4 "Vince is talking about Amsterdam"

what a fucking glutton

God you're dumb.

> tuna and chips

You really should kill yourself.

Wheres the fucking sauce you nonce

J Gilligan's in Arlington supposedly invented them.

If I ever make the trip south to London I am without a doubt going to try jellied eels. I just can't imagine what it tastes like.

As a chink, I think they're lovely. I grew up with fish with bones so I don't mind that part, the eel is extremely tender, and I also grew up with a love of gelatinous foods. I just don't see anything wrong with jelly.

Also, you don't have to have the eels jellied and cold. You can get hot eels in pretty much any pie, mash and liquor shop.

>Hawaii will often have spam items on fast food menus

Spam Musubis are fucking great. Lunch truck Hawaiian food is excellent.

that looks so delicious