Kids books

Lets talk about these, not YA stuff that kids get into these days, but books aimed specifically at children

my little cousin loved the movie so I read this to him, he was really confused at how different it was (for example the dragon speaks in this version), but he actually liked it

I was pleasantly surpirsed myself, to be honest, things actually die here and the author never dances around the bush, at the end the big bad dragon explodes plastering meaty bits all over the place, 10 out 10.

We already did The Hobbit, I was thinking of reading him the Narnia books next or Redwall since it was mentioned on the /sffg/ thread, or maybe some Ronald Dahl.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Stories-Poems-Extremely-Intelligent-Children/dp/0684868741?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think Roald Dahl books are great for young kids to introduce them to literature and reading and general.

Everything by Roald Dahl is great

Ronia the Robber's Daughter
Pippi Longstocking
The Moomins
Where The Wild Things Are
Winnie the Pooh
Richard Scarry

Pic related was my favourite though

i didnt read as a kid and other people wont allow me around their children so i cant help you sry

Series of Unfortunate Events is a great read for young'uns

Read this earlier in the year. Neat introduction to fantasy for children too young to understand the Hobbit.

Also a rec for Tolkien / comfy book fans.

>Redwall
EULALIAAAA

I'd like to recommend Deltora Quest for good ol' high fantasy for kids.

Redwall is based

The Edge Chronicles. The world building is excellent and the art (which occurs every few pages) is very well done.

you nuggets read the stinky cheese man?

Roald Dahl or bust

Any more cosy children's lit? I love this stuff.

Little Lord Fauntleroy for comedy and Secret Garden for comfy.

Sad to say, but I read more as a child than I have at any other age.

I could give you recommendations for hours.

Here's my all-time favorite though.

bruh.

this one requires a bit more maturity but it's pretty captivating.

yo what about dem dumb bunnies yo

and for the edgy fucks in the classroom...

too busy reading captain underpants my main man

Those books I think were instrumental in forming my sense of humor as a child and I would like to introduce the series to my currently very young niece. What do you think the proper age would be to begin reading these books?

Excellent choice OP, keep reading them they just get better and better.

I would also recommend The Baertimaus trilogy by Jonathan Stroud, The Septimus Heap series by Angie Sage and The Secret series by Pseudonym Bosch

Anyone?

Start with the Greeks you fucking pleb

>not with the babilonians

No, user, you're the pleb.

Wishbone
Great Illustrated Classics
Heroes of America (a little propaganda-y but i loved them)
NIMH
Norby

Take a few notes from: amazon.com/Stories-Poems-Extremely-Intelligent-Children/dp/0684868741?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

Did anyone else love the Magic Tree House series?

Thats not for children

Seconded

I've always wanted to read that book since it's called The little 'prince' but the person on the cover is wearing a cute dress.
Would I be disappointed?

Recommending Redwall. You will have enough books to read into adolescence.

Also the Badgers are swole AF.

all of these are terrible and you should neck yourselves right now for posting what is basically the YA of children's literature

Glad to see elitism extends to children's lit.

You're a joke.

Get a load of this faggot

>the little prince

>YA

you should start playing some russian roulette

once a day

for the rest of your miserable existence on this earth

What makes a piece of writing worthwhile?