Has anyone attempted making everything he eats from scratch? And I don't mean rice and beans but keeping a normal diet

Has anyone attempted making everything he eats from scratch? And I don't mean rice and beans but keeping a normal diet

told my mom to make some fucking 18th century tendies but she won't

Quit shilling your channel.

Well those mist cost at least twice as much good boy points as regular tendies

I'm trying it right now as we speak. Ama

Ive made cakes and butter chicken from scratch.
I fucked up on the latter though and didn't let the yogurt drain enough so it came out really fucking spicy.

What do you mean from scratch?

You mean buying the raw ingredients and seasoning it myself?

Or farm raising my own shit?

I think he means doing it from raw ingredients. I dont think many of us have access to farms and butcheries.

Just cooking every single meal and i don't mean buying cookie dough and cooking it in the oven but making every single thing from ingredients

I was just thinking that if I had to cook every single thing I want to eat I would probably pig out a lot less seeming as I don't feel like baking just because I want bread

that whench RREEEEEEEE

The only things that I don't make "from scratch" are things like canned tomatoes and butter(although I occasionally churn my own butter if I have leftover cream)

I live on a budget and make pretty much everything from basic ingredients. Haven't mastered pasta yet because it takes a lot of space. But I make my own bread, my main meat is whole chickens, I get my produce from the farmer's market. Cheese and salami I couldn't make if I tried, butter is a pain, and I don't press my own olive oil either. But I get it from an olive farmer I know personally.

I'd love to raise my own chickens and lake fish, but I live in an apartment. I grow some herbs and veggies on the balcony, but it isn't enough area to feed me by far.

My grandparent have a garden and grow a lot. But it's very seasonal even though they have a greenhouse there's 4 months with too much and almost nothing the rest of the year. We can fruits and a few veggies, but to live off that land would be a full time job and a half. Preserving is as much work as growing, and storage space is an issue.

As for meals, always! I hate the flavoring of factory food, and the texture is bad. Most of the ingredients are awful and if you make your own fresh it's really a different experience. I'll eat a cheeseburger when I'm in a hurry. But when I'm at home it's either a hot meal I make myself, or bought cold cuts with home made bread and garden salad.

I mix my own spices, freshly ground. I grow sprouts sometimes. I make my own stock. I would characterize myself as fully embracing the advantages of making my own food within the margins modern city life allows.

I believe and feel that this is much healthier than the food vendor diet I used to have or any processed food which I have never been enthusiastic about.

I enjoyed his videos on soldier rations.

Then I saw some of his other videos and the mroe I watch the more I feel like something's off about him. Can't quite figure out what but it seems like he's hiding something or he's got some darkness in him or some shit like that.

I don't trust the man.

>i don't mean buying cookie dough and cooking it in the oven but making every single thing from ingredients

You mean...cooking?

the whole point of his videos is to sell you stuff from his website

He shills reenactment gear and historic kitchen equipment. Better than shilling survival knives or mainstream games.

He seems wound a little tight, I agree. But he knows his baking and his kitchen is heavenly! I can watch his videos without sound.

>He shills

It's literally his own fucking company. Jesus fuck I hate you people.

He has a dead look in his eyes. He's like the world's kindest, softest-spoken skinwalker. It's creepy.

>you people
You always find what you look for.

A simple no would have been enough

Yeah cooking every single thing you eat for a period of time

YAY!

Semantics!

I make very nearly everything I eat from scratch. The only exceptions are when I go out to eat. But I never buy premade or premixed anything to use at home.

i only cook from scratch, but i eat out a lot otherwise. Is buying premade ladyfingers for a tiramisu still "from scratch" though?

A less shit thread would have also been acceptable

yes, off and on. easy

>he
did you just assume my gender?

I live in a two bedroom apartment that is about 50% grow room. My goal is to grow at least half of my fruit and vegetable intake. So far it's not going that well, I think I need more lights. They are selling 100sqm plots of land near me for about $5k, thinking about buying one, planting an orange and an apple tree in, and greenhousing it up.

No, you stupid faggot.

Even when going out to eat, I bring ingredients with me and demand to be let into the kitchen, so I can prepare my own meal.