Al/ck/oholic Thread

Soon as the liquor passes over your lips everything is fine edition.
What are you drinking? Anything you need to get off your chest?

Winefag back again. Everything has seem to come to an absolute standstill. Doldrums.

South African Merlot.

No.

Started with Wine. Moved to brandy after dinner. A buddy is coming over soon so I will make some Manhattans. Wife is sipping on vermouth Rossi. Had a fantastic dinner and we are enjoying the evening. Why you sad bro?

>sipping vermouth
Shit I didn't know anyone did that unless they ran out of booze and were addicted. Vermouth tastes so awful.
I'm not sad I have it very alright at the moment but I want to carry the torch of the threads since the last one went out this evening over here. People get pissed off and say go to soc but this has been happening forever on ck and I truly believe it is the proper place to contain it.
>tfw things are suspiciously ok
That's happened to me before and then it just gets worse.

Vermouth Rossi and some club soda with a citrus garish is god tier and keeps you from getting too shitty. Slightly stronger than wine but not 40 proof or some shit. Try different vermouth's till you find one you like. Also try campari. it's a reset button for your taste buds. Wife is Russian, and when she was young her friends and her would buy vermouth (at the tender age of 14) at the liquor store and drink it straight.

I really like campari and soda water, but I don't even like a vermouth in a manhattan. Her taste makes sense with that context though.

I hope you all are doing well. I'm finishing this sixer of grapefruit IPAs (not too good), and I'm probably going to snort an ambien and head to bed.

Not necessarily sad, but next week I'm flying back home for the first time in a year, and I'm going to have to explain my suicide attempt and subsequent hospitalization to my mother. I feel shitty about that.

>can't sleep due to opioid binge
>take melatonin and still can't sleep
>have a couple drinks
>feel too good to sleep
Hope you're all having a good night as well.

Been there, my mother and I are open with each other now and on good terms. Good luck user.

Drinking rollingrock, miss my dad sort of dislike my family now that he died. Seems like we have these get togethers, and I just want to go home. It just doesn't have the same feel anymore. But i have to pretend for my gf and moms sake that i actually enjoy being ignored lol. On the flip side her family dosent celbrate holidays so theres that lol.

got about 3hrs sleep last night after not sleeping 2 days.
guts are making crazy noises and shitpissing to the max but i think i can stomach some swill.
bored as fuck. broke my tv the other day so cant play vidya.
im supposed to be going overseas in a week but cant focus enough to fill out visa shit.

i literally can't walk properly from atrophy of my legs because if im not on the toilet im laying on my bed.

families ...

its like having worst enemies that know all your weaknesses.
apparently my dad was an alcho. left when i was 4 or couldn't handle my mums shit so...
i never grew up around big boozers so i guess its in the genes.

Anyone else not able to fall asleep after drinking unless they get super drunk?

>drank all day yesterday
>woke up at 3am from a stress dream
>still drunk
>start drinking again as soon as i finish my watery/bloody shit

I hope i die drunk and not from a heart attack when im sober

>all those were full on Thursday night

>I hope i die drunk and not from a heart attack when im sober

im surprised im alive.

Me too jobin.

I would expect after 7 years of drinking I would have jaundice at the very least

Yes. I mean im a pretty regular insomniac anyways but I either have to stay up all night or drink so much I pass out when I drink
I have this irrational fear that my heart is going to stop in the middle of the night or something like that

been drinking all day and now can't fall asleep and have a throbbing headache

how old are you, user?
ive been drinking about 8. i mean solid hardcore every day. up un till 2 years ago i was functional.
im (oh fuck) 35 now and am pretty much ruined and wish the doctors would give something like labotomy pills. my past haunts me, im a fucking coward and have NOTHING. i want NOTHING.
except these

someone I loved very very much, was my best friend, left me for dead and started dating other people after we confessed our love for eachother. It's been 5 months since then and shes moved on and we're friends again and talking for the first time since but my bad habit remains. I drank every night since then to keep the nightmares at bay and to numb my thoughts. Not really sure what to think about it desu. I will say I drank 1/3 bottle of jack a night this week. That's not much right? be honest

I didn't start drinking hard until 22-23.

Drank socially from 16-21.

>my past haunts me

You and me both brother.

not gonna divulge my alcoholism details, but recently i learned a lot about it

other people at work were talking about their hobbies like riding motorcycles, dungeons and dragons, shooting guns, skiing etc, and i thought to myself

"all i like to do is drink alcohol"

why cant I stop

how much do you drink and how often? have you tried to stop? for how long? How long did you last?

I haven't sober in weeks. I literally drink all day every day. im not joking. I tried to stop and ended up in detox from it. sober for a couple weeks. I took time off work and relapsed.

Op I love your opening, I'll check this thread again later to see how you all are doing but I think I'm going to give up drinking a try, hope the best for everyone.

well, then you are the type of drinker who can die from withdrawals. myself, i binge for 3-4 days and then withdraw for 2-3 days on my own.

i honestly dont know anything besides totally stopping alcohol that would help you. you are the worst type of drinker. sorry.

Worst thing you cucks have done while drunk?

Driving hammered and almost getting into an accident for me. Scared the shit out of me and I haven't drove drunk since.

I was sober 26 days until Saturday. Had 12 beers catching up with friends and 2 Kahlua and Milks when I got home (last little bit in a bottle was all I had in the house). Haven't felt like a drink so hopefully my continued sobriety will be relatively smooth.

I should save this somewhere but to make a long story short.

>at a regatta
>run out of booze
>friend and I split up to get more
>I try to board boat to steal some alcohol
>nearly starting to walk with a whole cooler
>get caught because sneaking with a 90 lbs cooler is hard.
>ditch cooler
>dive over board and stay under until i swim under a few other vessels out of sight
>head to beach to hear my partner in crime got side tracked trying to start a fist fight with prime ministers son
>find him
>start wandering along the road
>"borrow" vehicle we recognize and drive it into the port to get more booze

It really doesn't stop there but the boat boarding was the worst part.

I have driven drunk many times but that is the way of life in the west indies. After 7:00 if you have not had a drink you are probably one of the 20% of people on the road who haven't had at least one in the last 5 mins.

>could do with a beer
>know I don't have any
>start moving around a couple things in the fridge, looking for something to cook
>tfw 5 ice cold mother fucking beers you forgot about

Daily drinker since Im 18
10-15 beers a day,20 on weekends
during wintertime 0,7l vodka or jaegermeister every day
was at the doktor few months back
liver status is real bad he said to stop drinking
I stoped for a week ,now I drink 5-10 Beers daily.
I have a good job ,nice family and im not bad looking or am I dumb ,but still life bores the shit out of me ,exept when Im drunk

> tl dr why even stop ,lifes guud

I don't drink as much as you but I was suicidal before I started drinking daily.

Now, aside from the occasional (once a month) hangover after a party I am actually happy.

Cut out all hard booze and am down to a 6 pack a night. Feeling a lot better and working out a lot more. Still can't sleep without a buzz though.

Was suicidal all the time til one day I somehow realised that non of this really matters in the end I mean I can die tomorrow I can die in 2 weeks ,what the big fuzz ?
fell out of the window (2nd floor) ,shat myself 2 times ,got into several fights ,damaged some stuff ,etc
but in the end everything turned out good
maybe im just lucky ,but with the right kind of buzz everythings just fine for me

Drinking a bourbon bottle that I found in the pantry that I didn't think I had. Drank 15 beers last night and didn't plan on drinking tonight but I had a strong urge to.

pints*

so more like 25+ bottles

How do you guys go from a bender, back to work?

On my lunch at the mediocre wings place across from work. Having my usual mug of beer and going to have some whatever food before I head back to work. I've long since gotten over worrying about them judging me, I'm not nearly the worst drunk that comes here almost every day at 1130 am.

Today was a relatively stress-free work day so I've chosen to relax with a glass of port and will save the whiskey shots for another time.

>know you don't have any beers
>5 beers you forgot about
One of the best feels.

That above story is insane though.

Graduated five months ago. Still no interviews. Grad school prospects non-existent. Rapidly approaching the point of applying to flip a burger. Started drinking again after I landed in the ER last february because my fifth of whiskey nightly had finally taken its toll. Might as well. The fuck am I saving my health for?

Im not an alcohalic, its just once i start drinking i cant stop. Most people like having that control but when i drink, i drink to get drunk. Gf usally dumps my liqour down the drain.

If you end up being a fairly skilled copper worker you can make your own booze for pennies.

I take lots of zantac

It became clear to me again this weekend why I drink alone.

Went out with some friends and we all got drunk, and I ended up being a total arse hole to a couple of them and I have no idea why. This isn't the first time that I have made bad decisions when drunk with other people.

I fucking hate it, when I am drinking on my own (most nights) I just sit and chill with some music on or a tv show. Occasionally I shitpost here, but am generally nice to people.

I don't understand why I am like this. Must be an inferiority complex or something. Anyone else know this feel?

Im sorry man that had to be rough couldnt imagine. my dad had cancer it was slow and painful to see a man wither away.

I'm in the same boat. Wouldn't call myself an alcoholic but I definitely have a drinking problem and that problem is binging. Really sucks because I wish I could just casually have a few drinks on the weekend but I always overdo it. I've tried quitting for months at a time to reduce my tolerance but when I get back at it I can still drink as much as I did

>been drinking at 8-10 beers a night every day for several months
>mostly binge drank before that
>last week or so have felt nauseous after first beer
>powered through and nausea went away
>last couple of days, really just didn't feel like having another beer after the first
>so i stopped after one and felt okay
>otherwise feel healthy
>is this my body saying enough? or am i dying?

My dad wasn't even a world class drunk, but he was building a cottage and had a dock. I tripped down his tether line walkway and ended up skewering myself on his boat wench line. It went so deep into my mouth I nearly died. It hit the back of my throat. I went up crying and he slapped me for crying. I would love to see that asshole throat cut.

I would go to the hospital. 48-72hours after stopping to drink are the most dangerous for someone who drinks as much as you do. Could die.

not just could, he more than likely will

He could also be making up those numbers.

I was in the same field as you. My problem was that my scope of applications was too small. I was too picky.

Being a deckhand, fisherman, landscaper, park ranger, electrical linesman, rail linesman, painter, LGV driver fucking anything is better than flipping burgers.

Hell if you want a job in food and cooking apply to something other than burger king. And actual fucking restaurant.

>commited to leave country and pickup a shitty job
>tfw 2 weeks later 4 job offers came back good to go.

He says he stops after 1 and feels fine.

You're cucked by the medicos. I drank over 1/2 a qt of scotch plus a bottle of wine everyday for 2 years and when i quit the only difference i noticed was i had more energy. You could drink 12 beers a day for 10 years, quit and never notice the difference.

You probably run to the neighborhood quack everytime you get the sniffles.

irish livers lol.

I've gotten into two accidents while drunk, luckily no one was ever hurt and my car was always driveable afterwards. Just smashed up a few other cars, always drove away.

You don't get life-threatening withdrawals from 8-10 beers an evening. You get them from drinking half again that amount or drinking all day from the moment you wake up. Even then, it's absolutely unnecessary going to hospital when you can detox at home with beer.

same here bros. i can go days without drinking, hell i dont NEED to drink. but once i start drinking in a night, i can never just have like one or two beers, i always end up having like eight+.

i can't really sip anything either, wine is the same way ill usually have like an entire bottle of wine, sometimes more. i just take huge mouthfuls of whatever beverage im drinking in high frequency. it's like that with water, milk, coffee, alcohol, everything.

what are your hangovers like Veeky Forums

i don't really get headaches or sensitivity to light/noise but my stomach is fucking hell and movement is difficult

No headaches or anything but I usually have to spend the day just laying on the couch watching tv. Stomach usually gets better once I eat but I still have that feeling like I'm moving through fluid when I get up, I also get super tired

I'm in the same boat as you. I've been through periods of being chronically drunk for a week or two at a time, drinking day and night, usually a couple of 2 litre bottles of cider, sometimes as many as 4 or 5.

I haven't done that for about 8 months or so now, but I've managed to moderate my drinking without abstaining. I'm not sure what changed, but I came to an epiphany that I didn't need to stay drunk, and that it wasn't making my life any more tolerable. Since then I've been drinking only twice a week, but still getting smashed.

First drink in a month now. Alcoholism runs in my family, and I'm no exception. I felt completely lost and addicted before, but I genuinely feel like I own it now that I can get drunk without feeling the need to get drunk every night. There's still that lingering worry that I could relapse.

Agreed. You'd have to be drinking over a case of beer or over a qt. of liquor a day for years and years before you might have some withdrawal symptoms.

My stomach mostly.

The worst is when I have nothing to do but if I am hung over at work or when I have something pressing to do I can power through it.

I have had people tell me that they realize when I am hangover because I become excessively productive.

same here, i'm not sure if i have a drinking problem, i drink every day but only at night when i get home from work. i also drink cheap rum by the mouthful, about 3 mouthfuls each night in about an hour and a half. and i chase it down with a couple beers. i've been doing this for the better part of a year. is it really a problem? should i stop?

Sometimes I wake up feeling on top of the world, full of energy and confidence and horny as fuck. I feel better than I did the night before, more lucid and like the positive effects of the alcohol have increased while the drowsiness etc are gone. Even if I carry on drinking, the awesome hangover buzz will wear off and the fresh buzz won't be as good.

I get horrible hangovers like everyone else, but only if I drink until I'm paralytic and vomiting. Otherwise I feel good.

I have personally seen withdrawal at even less alcohol amount. You guys don't know what you're talking about

You might have seen shaking amd sweating but I guarantee you haven't seen heart attacks, strokes or delirium tremens in people withdrawing from 8 beers drank exclusively in the evening.

I wouldn't say that much. I ended up collapsing and going to hospital after staying drunk for a week on a fifth a day. I've got shakes and sweats from drinking less. But yeah 8 beers after work won't do it.

>TFW got prescribed antidepressant for drinking
>Got repeat year from Uni because of antidepressant
>Moved back home with parents to make a headstart and push myself into degree
>Can't stop drinking, used to 20 units per day at least
>Have a chance to push myself forward but nah just drink and hide it
Anyone else feel me mane?

Psychological withdrawal, maybe, but no life threatening symptoms. I've stopped cold turkey after several years of significantly harder drinking than that and my only symptom was better sleep patterns.

Drinking 25% Pimms I found downstairs

I'm doing great, actually. doing the 21 day habit changer routine and it's been 8 days since i vowed to cut down drastically and function every morning. drank no more than a pint yesterday and feel like a million bucks right now. I'm even going to exercise and shit.

same again tonight; 13 more days to go

Why don't y'all just smoke weed? Or take a beer or two and then just toke.

Graduate and move out from your parents

Anyone tried Cardhu whiskey, got a 12 year old bottle waiting at home and wondering what it's like.

Just for curiosity's sake I weighed myself to see how dehydrated I was after waking up with a hangover. I was three pounds lighter.

I don't mind the headache so much, but the sweating and nausea I could do without.

I drank way more than him daily for 7 years straight and blacked out basically every time, on top of being a really small, skinny person. I stopped cold turkey and was fine other than some mild DT's for the first day and just feeling exhausted/irritation for a while etc. I'm not saying everyone will be that way, but to suggest literally everyone who drinks a lot will go through life threatening withdrawals is silly. Everyone's body deals with shit differently.

The amount he drank was actually pretty tame compared to a lot of people I know who quit CT just fine .

Because we are not in 9th grade anymore.

we have no skills. we drink.

furthermore, on that note: if drinking was a skill, I'd be really good at it. Like phenomenal.

furtherfurthermoremore, if I'd put all the time I've spent drinking, I could be really good at something.

love you guys. hope you're all well.

stomach is rarely gurgly. but the mental haze is an absolute bitch for me; I forget what I was doing; I forget words; I involuntarily zone out and if it's bad enough, I'll even avoid driving. and if the hangover is bad enough, horrible anxiety about what I'm doing to my body.

Fell off the wagon hard this weekend, I was drunk for friday, saturday, and most of sunday. Feeling shitty right now and trying to get things back on track. Sucky feeling

I haven't showered in 8 days

Stop that.

I know that feel. a week and a half ago I was drunk from thursday night until tuesday morning the whole time, besides sleep of course. taking a break now
if I didnt care and completely let go I would definitely be drunk 24/7

Drinking shit wine power usual

How can I make my liver good without stopping drink?

Pls respond

Only 15 minutes until the stores close.

I can make it. I don't have to drink tonight.

But showering feels so good, I'll never understand people who go so long without showering
At least take a bath, hell, you may even fall asleep and die and end your suffering

I don't get it either. Being dirty feels fucking gross and awful.

not him but getting into the shower is tiresome work

My hose is turned on so hard I could drink myself to death. 65% low wines is fucking me hard. Watching Masters and Johnson..

No, not at all actually. Hell, sitting down in showers is fucking awesome and comfy.

Trying to stay sober but I'm just so mother fucking exhausted ALL the time regardless of how much I sleep. How are you supposed to make it through this? I work full time in a physical job. I can't take much more of this.

My body and mind feel like they're melting from exhaustion and I can't do anything in my spare time but sit around and stare tiredly at my computer screen or sleep. Coffee isn't helping at all.

Just got back from my first AA meeting. I was so nervous and jittery i spilled coffee everywhere. Luckily it was pretty dead there at the time

Funny old guy, sober 39 years said to be loud - bet you never dropped your bottle.

Out of control psychological shit. Heavy anxiety. No physical sickness. May puke once but only because I'm so goddamn nervous.

I LOVE sitting in the shower, just letting the water pound your face. Its very therapeutic
plus I can stick my phone right outside the curtain and shitpost on Veeky Forums from the shower
wish I had a waterproof tablet embedded in the shower wall or something

melatonin is a godsend but dont take too much at first, and your tolerance goes up fast as shit. it can help you get a couple of decent nights sleep tho

Well you probably can't.
Milk thistle and drinking pure lemon juice from actual lemons is supposed to be good for your liver. Artichokes as well. Always make sure you drink plenty of water regardless.

about 2 weeks out of detox here

don't wanna drink but already craving it after a 12 hour work day (including commute; don't get me wrong, my work days arent that long...im just a puss)

i got put on celexa and abilify at detox

I used to sit down in the shower a lot when I was younger. It's cool and I couldn't give a fuck.
Last year though I went full geriatric and literally bought one of those plastic chairs that old people sit on in the shower. My grandpa had one in his time and mine is almost exactly the same.
I'm 26, who fucking cares.