Where do I go from here if I absolutely loved this book?

Where do I go from here if I absolutely loved this book?

Other urls found in this thread:

franceculture.fr/emissions/mauvais-genres/mourir-aux-eclats-salut-georges-bataille
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

de Sade

Immediately pay for a wordpress-based blog site and make the title of the site something edgy and lowercase and maybe a literary quote and then give the site a minimalist style that you found on the Internet and get frustrated that you can't remove the annoying "STYLE BIZWIZBINGBONG, BY RASHID KHALIM @ STYLEDESIGNS.TK" from the bottom and then fail to understand some nuance of the layout so it kind of looks weird and you didn't set the fonts right but start posting your poems about Bataille and sex and drugs immediately and link it to your friends and family and talk about how you want to be a writer even though you're a fat stupid unemployed Indian bitch who lives with her mom and keep linking it to me like I care so that I have to find polite ways to dodge reading your fucking poetry every single time and then flip out after a solid week of putting up with your shit and block me and then two years later I see you on OKCupid again and you're fat and I finally let go of my regret about not banging you

a good psychatrist

He should see a psychiatrist as well, shit.

>that personal experience really shines through

what was her name?

Pff

Bataille's based. True Nietzche successor, I don't know how I didn't realise this before.

What did you love in it ?

Naked Lunch by Burroughs

It made me feel relaxed and rejuvenated.

I dunno. Solar anus? Blue of Noon? I'm not much of a Bataille reader, but his philosophical work (Erotism and others) is pretty great.

well, I was going to say

erotic :
Irene's cunt by Aragon
The torture garden by Mirbeau (search for the drawings by Freida, they're wonderful)
Sade, all of it
others :
The temple of the golden pavilion by Mishima
Look for Le Grand Jeu : René Daumal & Roger Gilbert-Lecomte, if the inverted mysticism needs a good counterpart from the same era.
Else, Bataille have done plenty of writing, from Documents to Acephale.
Roger Caillois If you like the essays. Really. Transgression, games, sex, etc. Just switch the paganism and prehistorism for minerals and symmetry

for drawings and paintings look at André Masson (friend of him), Hans Bellmer, Guido Crepax, Suehiro Maruo, Anselm Kiefer, De Sagazan

for cinema : Ma Mère, Salo, Immoral Tales, The Fourth Man (Verhoeven)... I'd be glad if anyone can recommend good ones. Hard to find something truly attached to Bataille's ideas

but then, reading Hara-Kiri does that for me.

Là-bas by Huysmans, for the Gilles de Rais love too

ahhh and cheers with a fine liquor to you :)

Le con d'Irène refers more to The fanatic of Irene rather than the vagina of Irene. Speaks volume about your reading comprehension.

? I took the official traduction. Maybe you would have prefered me to write everything in french ?

yeah and thats why it's not your fault, this translation is dogshit, I shouldn't have been rude. Idk if you're a native but "con" means cunt, but through usage has become "idiot", and that is the whole crux of the title, that sadly can't be translated.

the choice of putting cunt in the title is very fucking debatable, but eh who cares.

Native, yes. We all get angry at traductions one day or another.
Did you listen to the Mauvais Genres about Bataille from the 16.06.2012 ? It's 3 hours long.

No, I don't know anything about this nor Bataille, for that matters. I'll look into it, thanks for the rec.

I wanted to put it on mega, but apparently it's still available on the radio site. franceculture.fr/emissions/mauvais-genres/mourir-aux-eclats-salut-georges-bataille
good listen to those who speak french !

Thanks a bunch l'ami.

I thought again. I missed one big thing, Ladislav Klima ! The great Nihilist ! read it. He drank methylated spirits. That must be enough ! Though you're more in for "God the worm" and "I am the absolute will" than disgust.
(go for Sternenhoch and Nemesis first if it is novels you're after)

Death Eros and Sensuality, by Bataille

any swedish festival. try to pick up girls standing up there discussing it

The Solar Anus

it depends why you loved it, but Fernando Arrabal

EDEN

EDEN

EDEN

Read his other ones, especially a story called Madame Edwarda, and also My mother.
Also you should read some books of Pierre Louys.

I fucking want to read this book, but it's either I read it in pdf on my kindle, or I pay a huge amount of money for it.

It's a scanned pdf but I found it very readable on my kindle.

Can't find anything online by Louÿs. Do you have something in ebook form?

>try to pick up girls standing up there discussing it

yes my goy, spend your time and energy earning money then spend your time, energy and money to be noticed by a few girls so that they let you try to make them cum, like they let dozens of boys beforehand and they will let dozens afterwards.

>that personal experience really shines through

How come these mad rants can be seen so often here. Is it just one person or is Veeky Forums like a catch basin for People with repessed selfhatred?

He was referencing a song, calm down buddy.

prison