Cooking Myths That Anger You

ITT tell us about myths or overall concepts that you've heard about in cooking that annoy you.

I'll start, I fucking hate it when people think the cores of any fruit will kill you

>b-but user it's chewier and has seeds!
why not just spit them out?
>but I don't wanna!

this is on par with actual retards who won't let different colored foods touch

Apple cores are completely unpalatable. Your argument is dumb.

Well, it has arsenic, but you'd have to eat a LOT for it to poison you. For some dogs, it's death though.

Undercooked pork in particular, extremely exaggerated risk. But generally, undercooked stuff (eggs, fish...).

Weird that beef is more acceptable to undercook of any animal product when prions are sort of a bigger deal than most transmitted viruses/bacterium

Disagree. You should like a wuss. Do you leave half the strawberry, white and green?

No I eat the whole thing and I do actually eat around the core, I just disagree with your thought that people should eat the literal cardboard mess that is an apple core.

everyone is literally just conditioned to think that though. I've seen so many people vehemently refuse to eat apple cores when it's whole but don't notice/care when you make apple slices like pic

this
Mexicans especially are terrified of red meat for some reason, it fucking sucks when people refuse food when it's not a fucking brick

I cut the core out of my apple slices.

They're fucking shit.

>ITT tell us about myths or overall concepts that you've heard about in cooking that annoy you

the worst one has to be 'dude we evolved to be primarily carnivores, so i NEED this steak right now lmao!'

*cyanide, not arsenic.

nigger what

no normal person eats apple cores

i started eating the core of apples when i saw some dude do it on a plane last year. you don't notice any change in texture in flavour if u eat it from top to bottom/bottom to top imo

That's exactly what OP implies you dumb nigger

Also i don't eat the middle because the "walls" get in between my teeth most of the time, also the seeds taste fucking awful if you accidentaly bite into one

I think I'll just chew around it

>Also i don't eat the middle because the "walls" get in between my teeth most of the time, also the seeds taste fucking awful if you accidentaly bite into one

pretty much this
I generally hate this this cooking method and that cooking method kills the nutrients also people who refuse to put more than five grains of salt in their cooking water, I swear to god, the parents of my girlfriend just cant cook for shit.

I used to not really like porkchops, until I found out how far beyond even well done my mom always made them. Cooked medium rare they're juicier, have better texture, and are more flavorful than a cut of steak upwards of 3 times the cost.

On a whole cut, the bad shit is pretty much only on the outside, hence why you can eat a whole steak cool blue, but need to cook ground beef to full doneness.

Similar to what this user was saying, I think cooking meat to dryness is worthy of capital punishment. I absolutely hate when people take meat off 5F AFTER it's done and not 5-8F BEFORE because they're too dumb to know about carryover cooking.

>i get mad when people don't eat something the way i do
saged

>not liking the thing I like
pleb

>people have enjoyed apples near me

Reheating rice is any more dangerous than reheating anything else

I knew a guy who ate apple cores. He also ate bananas whole, skin and all. Is that who you want to be, OP? A future serial killer?

This I knew someone who hate a whole apple, and he was a manipulative psychopath.

This blatant disregard for culinary convention is a big red flag for some kind of malignant pathology at work.