Has a book ever triggered you?

Has a book ever triggered you?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/1Wn2x3nx
wattpad.com/story/8112698-stranded/parts
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>getting triggered by words on a page

next you'll be getting your feelings hurt by people on the internet.

the intro of that book is how he got the name of the book and it triggered me

Im going to assume he endorses trigger warnings instead of mocking them

>tfw I get my feelings hurt when I see black people interacting with whites in movies

very much so

Eh, read the intro for yourself.
pastebin.com/1Wn2x3nx
It's a bit pointless as, well, it's Gaiman here, his stories hardly need trigger warnings. It's not as though he's writing about rape or racial violence or the patriarchy or whatever.

not as bad as I thought, but yeah, its pointless

I mean if you have to think about every single person who might find some very specific shit to be deeply disturbing you might as well noy write at all, or at least not for an audience as big as the one he has.

the key is to move on, if people cannot do that its their own fault

This scene must have put you into a real fit than

>Author's name larger than book title

triggered

Haha oh wow, I just graduated from Bard (make fun of me all you want, at least I got a semi-useful degree out of it), and the fact that Gaiman published that two years into teaching at Barf College makes disgustingly perfect sense.

gay man

wattpad.com/story/8112698-stranded/parts a book that is on here for free, but was being sold on actual digital store fronts.
The pretentiousness triggered me.

>disappearing palestine
>mfw

What'd you major in?

Ever take a class with Berkowitz?

women's studies

Mathematics. I actually quite like Bard's math department; some of the others, not so much...

please tell me that isn't you

>that pic
oh god

I was disgusted by the mural, actually, and I printed out a half-dozen different figures like this one & taped them to the wall. I felt something of a civic duty to show another side of the picture.

Everything triggers me.

The next time I walked past that wall, it had been... modified, and for a few days it stayed in this arrangement.
I later discovered that the Muslim Student Organization was behind the adulteration of my work, which ruined any chances that they could gain my respect.

>/pol/ is a containment board, they say

(A closer look at some of the craftsmanship)

The whole affair just confirmed what I had long suspected about Bard students in general.
They are anti-intellectual crybabies who would much rather be swayed by photos of people holding signs, pleasantly-presented falsehoods, and messages of peace that rank alongside `Coexist' stickers in terms of vapid banality than by anything the least bit rigorous or objective.

Sorry to hijack the thread. I would be happy to resume the book talk.

god that art sucks

I have this book. I have yet to read it because the title upset me too much. He goes from Smoke and Mirrors to this? Awful.

honestly what did you expect?

get a permanent marker and write "ISLAM IS" above "IGNORANCE"

>your pic
western liberal humanism will win and Islam, together with all the world's traditions, will perish. Under liberalism, Islam is emptied of all meaning and reduced to a mere 'identity'. Same goes for all cultural traditions, the content is gone only images remain. vague feel good tolerance vibes for all eternity. Fuck

Val Plumwood's ecofemisim.

okay here's a moral quandary for you lit
I have OCD, and I know the toll intrusive concepts and thoughts can take on a person. At the same time, I'm very much interested in exploring this kind of dark, disturbing and unsettling stuff in writing. But I wonder if it's better left unwritten and unpublished, because I wouldn't want to give someone with mental problems suffering for the sake of some literature. How would one deal with this? Is the impetus on them to know what they're reading and deal with it? Should a trigger warning be used in this instance?

This comic strip triggered me.

I know an SJW-type at my university and, although I don't agree with her on things, we often talk about movies and whatever. She had a similar thing she brought up about how old movies were racist and sexist and that she didn't like them, in which I kind of suggested that, although it's sometimes the case a film will have an outdated ideology, it serves as a reminder of the historical context that film provides, a window into the past for a pretentious way of putting it. I also said that just because a film may use discrimination as a narrative device (e.g. American History X) doesn't necessarily make the film or the filmmakers racist, but that they wanted to tackle some uncomfortable subject matter in their film/art/etc.

I don't think she was quite convinced but she sat nodding and repeating "yeah, yeah" in an agreeable tone. I guess I bored her.