People who boil crustaceans alive should be tied in a chair and left in knee deep sea water while crabs eat their feet...

People who boil crustaceans alive should be tied in a chair and left in knee deep sea water while crabs eat their feet to the bone. Just sayin.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AEGK4goaUZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=zYI3eTq97mw
youtube.com/watch?v=zFelfDbkzm4
telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/recipes/4581872/A-humane-way-to-cook-lobster.html
theatlantic.com/health/archive/2009/07/how-to-kill-a-lobster-humanely/21339/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The cruelty adds flavor.

>he thinks crustaceans are sentient

They die immediately you big baby.

Agreed.

Look at this faggot.

actually I usually steam them alive but sometimes I rip the tail off and slice it in half while they're still kicking if it's getting grilled

They're large bugs, do you feel pity or empathy towards cockroaches?

Those edges, bro. You want to watch you don't cut yourself.

>caring this much about well being of sea cockroaches

I know a vegan who owns a flyswatter and have known several others who routinely use bottle traps for killing fruitflies.
Why are these insects, which cause no harm to humans and are not useful as food, okay to kill while crustaceans, which can be downright delicious and are capable of serious harm to people, are not?

who's being edgy? I'm prepping food, you're talking about tying me to a chair and throwing me in the ocean over the feelings of a crustacean

So you guys EAT cockaroaches of the sea?

I can see ppl eating chicken of the sea, but cockaroaches!

wtf is chicken of the sea

Yes faggot now please take your fresh new "sea insects" meme back to you know where. You retarded children let the internet dictate your diet.

...duh

It says it right on the can.

Tuna

seagulls

crabs literally do not give a shit about their prey, why should we care about them?

You would reduce yourself to the level of a crab?

You savage.

>caring about the sea roaches
>eating the cockroaches of the sea
>caring about the feelings of water roaches
shiggydiggy

those are rats of the sea

Go home, Jacob.

I feel bad killing anything.

So i usually silently tell them that i am sorry and make sure i season and cook them to the best of my abilities so they taste as delicious as possible.

>hurr durr faggot

You PETA activists are more inclined to suck dick than anyone else here.

Where I live in Oregon, we go grab fishing all the time. I usually boil the ones we catch all together in one big pot.
We don't even give them the dignity of a solitary death.

Suck my flaccid dick OP.

>capable of serious harm to people
wut

Niggers don't care about anything but themselves but you're still a far left extremist who thinks all races are equal

>not killing your crustaceans this way

So how do you suggest that we kill them, OP?

>t. little alt-right boy
Pepe is considered a racist symbol because of you

huh?

>cooking stuff alive is a crime which should be punished by getting eaten alive
not giving a good example there now

1) they don't properly feel pain nor are they sentient
2) the scream is gases escaping

Lobsters are incredibly dangerous.
youtu.be/AEGK4goaUZ0

>try to do the quick kill method where you stick a knife into its head
>it starts violently jerking around and falls onto the floor with white stuff coming out of its head
Fuck that, they get cooked alive

If tuna is the chicken of the sea, what is the beef of the sea? What about lamb?

Crabs don't eat MEAT YOU FUCKS

>Eating fancy ocean roaches
>ever

you're right OP
we should kill them first like this fellow over here:
youtube.com/watch?v=zYI3eTq97mw

...and?

scallops is the beef of the sea

I steam them alive. It takes them 5 to die.

Everything dies alone user.

jessica simpson is that u?

Implying I wouldn't even eat a land roach if it were prepared properly.

They don't have no brains so nothing to recognise pain or emotion with. They are practically ambulatory vegetables.

That seems like a good way to lose all the crab's juices when boiling it.

>They don't have no brains
So they do have brains?

I think their brain is scattered in teh body and not all in one place so you cant deal a killing blow as clear as with mammals. Boiling it alive probably not best way still, but i never killed any animal to eat it so i dont have much rights to talk about it

they literally can't feel it

Nah they ain't got any brains

I know them out in the freezer or fridge for an hour before cooking. I hear it makes them go sleepy

I kill large game animals for sport and trophy. Why would I give a damn about mud bugs?

they feel pain and their sentience is debatable, but NOT yours to decide. atm more hints are found for them being sentient then the opposite.

wrong, that they feel pain is proven, sentincen is what is not totally sure (so give them the benefit of the doubt)

yeah you shouldn't. You already proof that your level of compassion is below the civilized standard one should aim for.

Kill with knife or hatchet in a single stroke, kills instantly, clean, then boil. Never boiled any alive.

The most cruelty-free way to kill them is boiling. You can't kill them easily with a knife, they can literally be stabbed through the skull and not die. When they are submerged in boiling water their brain explodes very quickly killing them instantly. Also if they die prematurely within minutes the flesh will lose texture and flavor as rigor mortis sets in.

boiling alive is the most humane method

Counting the number of game I've bagged in my 33 years of hunting, I believe I have excellent aim.

Louisiana would kick you out of the state.

People who kill plants for food should just die desu

Hey those fuckers would do the same to us!

>not recognizing king sperg

you should probably leave this site

>vegans
>logic
Was this one of those rhetorical questions?

Their nervouse systems arent complex enough for pain. Its nothing more than a negative stimulus for them

Like a bad smell or something ugly.

I could stomp on them with cleats, but I'm eating alone tonight.

Does this trigger you, OP?

youtube.com/watch?v=zFelfDbkzm4

I agree, crustaceans feel pain.

But I don't give a fuck because I'm not a pussy ass faggot.

That's why I catch them with chicken legs . . .

You do know that cutting a lobster in half while it's still kicking is a very legit way to prepare it, right?

I got this reference.

crustaceans don't have souls theyre like dogs

I used to chill my crabs before boiling them. puts them to sleep but I guess they might be able to still feel the pain. I don't know. I kind of quit crab fishing since then. I guess I grew more of a conscience.

Congratulations too bad nobody gives a shit

Salty, limp-wristed pussy.

Whatever we do to crustaceans before we cook them is still a hell of a lot more "humane" than what would happen to them in nature.

This. People forget just how savage Mother Nature can be.

lobsters decay a HELL of a lot faster than other animals and it's basically required that you get them fresh if you want them to be worth a shit
whether you kill them before you boil them or kill them by boiling them literally doesn't matter if you're going to eat it anyway
Why do have sympathy for something you're going to be shitting out the very next day? Christ

Damn nature, you scary

Trump has a soul, why don't you buddy?

>Donald Trump once argued against fishing: 'I believe it's painful for the fish'

I can literally catch hundreds of crabs with a pack of bacon and string

>negative stimulus

Isn't that exactly what pain is.

this

anything else is some edgy bullshit

when you kill game they usually die pretty fast though, right?

you don't actually make them suffer on purpose?

>Why would I give a damn about mud bugs?

you should give a damn either way, because the release of adrenalin makes any animal taste more acidic than it should.

if you don't give a shit about taste, then fuck off.

i live in a landlocked country and never had lobster in my life

These are the proven facts:

Crustaceans react to pain.

Crustaceans are not stunned or paralyzed by the heat. They wriggle their tail, which is both an escape mechanism and a reaction to pain (and negative stimuli in general).

Icing crustaceans has been scientifically proven to reduce the time they suffer. Many people itt have pointed this out.

Reducing the time of suffering means less adrenaline in your meat, which in turn means a better tasting lobster.

To conclude, if you don't ice your lobsters and crabs you're a fag and you're eating lower grade meat for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

There are better methods, like this:

telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/recipes/4581872/A-humane-way-to-cook-lobster.html

But it is clearly not worth an investment unless you run a restaurant.

Also refer to this if you have questions about the icing:

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2009/07/how-to-kill-a-lobster-humanely/21339/

who gives a fuck

Pain is a negative stimulus, as is the smell of shit to most people or the taste of rotting food

>muh ethics

lobsters don't have adrenaline

Do lobsters even have a system that produces adrenaline? I find line of logic reasonable but it's pointless if the flavor remains the same.

>Do lobsters even have a system that produces adrenaline?

Nope. They lack endocrine glands entirely.

And your bug meat will turn out bland and tasteless. You're the reason why people hate seafood.

Pretty sure bugs and crustaceans don't have adrenal glands.

Yeah but vegans are retarded

So basically, the electrocution is just sticking a live 120v wire on one end of a tank and the neutral wire on the other, and letting it shock them for 5 seconds? You can make that out of an extension cord and a switch, this thing better not be more than 50 dollars.

>read link in link

Wtf. 2000 british pounds? What the hell? IT'S JUST A TANK, SALTWATER, A LIVE WIRE AND A SWITCH. Oh man, what stupid hippy dippy asshole will buy this shit and believe it?

This whole thread is stupid, even plants react to "negative stimuli". Cut off a leaf? Most plants will seal off the wound, some plants retract entirely, others release poison. Have too much heat in an area? They grow away from them. And the meat being sweeter from humane killing? Probably a female, not lack of adrenaline, which crustaceans do not produce.