I saw something in the sky tonight and I don't know what it was. It was around 2:20 AM in the morning...

I saw something in the sky tonight and I don't know what it was. It was around 2:20 AM in the morning, I was going for a walk and I was walking up a hill looking over the beach as I was walking I saw this giant light in the sky. It looked like an icecreamcone or lightbulb of fire in the sky. I kept watching it to figure out what the fuck it was. I thought it was a nuclear bomb for a second but then I realized it wasn't a mushroom cloud shape.

I kept watching it and eventually it formed into what looked like a big giant red moon being covered by clouds, then eventually it went away, but as I was watching I could see clouds going by above it, and I could see the outline of mountains of where it used to be.

I don't know if it was an optical illusion with the clouds and the moon or a bomb or what. I went on facebook live and there are is only one person streaming from his facebook in seattle at this time.

Pic related. Pin is pretty much where I was standing (maybe a km off) and that line is the general direction of where I saw it. Might not have been Seattle may have been far to left of it.

Any ideas? It wasn't a super bright light just a constant orange fire looking thing almost like a giant flame you'd see on a candle stick.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=chD7uFjsfH0
ufobc.ca/Sightings/recent_v2.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh and by sky I mean in the horizon. It wasn't wide it was tall and fat on the bottom. Candestick flame would be perfect example.

like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=chD7uFjsfH0

I didn't see the beginning of what started it, I just stumbled about it while I was walking. It lasted much longer than that video and it wasn't a mushroom explosion

you might have more luck here

lol I already posted it on there but I was hoping someone here would explain thats its just some phenomenon

I know for a fact I saw it.

if you didn't hear any sound, it wasn't an explosion that's for sure.

was the moon out or not?

can you draw what you saw?
How did it move?

It was too cloudy to tell. After it started going away it definitely looked like it could have been the moon but it was right on the horizon and it seemed to low in the sky to be the moon at that time of night.

Kinda like a beam of orange light didn't shoot into the sky and keep going or anything but when I first saw it it was big enough for me to go woah what the fuck is that. My phone is broken otherwise I would have taken a photo of it.

The sky was extremely cloudy couldnt see any stars or anything (though I'm not sure if thats because were approaching the solstice) It was definitely coming from the ground on the mainland ( I live on Vancouver Island) Just stood there for a solid 2 or 3 minutes looking like an orange candle light.

>My phone is broken otherwise I would have taken a photo of it
lol every UFO case ever
I believe in alien spacecraft but what you told me really sounds like you saw Venus. Check a star chart to see what was in that direction. Venus may be visible at 2am I'm not sure.

The fact that it lasted for about 2 or 3 minutes rules out explosion or asteroid impact right?

Either something manmade or some kind of optical illusion with the cloud cover? But that doesn't explain why it only happened in that one spot

Would venus look like a giant flame in the sky?

For a second I thought it was an Alien. It kinda dissipated into the cloud that was passing by.

Also when you see a planent in the sky it looks like a star up in the sky. This was right on the horizon past that channel of ocean coming out from the ground

yes venus is very bright. And it would dissappear behind a cloud as you said.
Venus is very low in the sky.

Your UFO didnt move very much so it kinda fails the "flying" part. Im not sauing it was Venus, its just a suggestion. It could also have been a weapons test from the USA.

To qualify as an alien it must either be clearly discernible as some sort of artificial craft or be a light that moves intelligently with disregard for inertia. This was just a light that appeared then fizzled out.

Not kidding OP, I've actually seen this myself.

Some friends and I used to enjoy hiking ontop of hills at night, getting hammered and watching over our city.

I saw it on a clear night in the summer around 11.40pm. My friend was with me who spotted it as well.

It looks like a strong orange colour, similar to BIC pen orange burning with some sort of light beam streaming from it, similar to the vectors of light around a street lamp.

We couldn't figure out what it was, but when we were watching it, it floated across the sky and made a circular turn about 60 degrees and lowered altitude from roughly 150m above the ground to what we thought was 50m. However we couldn't verify that.

We speculated that it was either
- Military hologram projection tech
- Ayy Lmaos (who would probably have optical camouflage if they can travel to earth)
- Natural phenomenon.

Thanks so I'm not crazy

How long ago did you see it and where was it?

Iridium flare?

No, again it wasn't up above me in the sky it was straight ahead of me in the horizon.

If it was a natural phenomena or an optical illusion wouldn't there be other cases of it? I literally can't find any image of what I saw last night on google.

ufobc.ca/Sightings/recent_v2.htm

Other people in BC have been seeing the same thing I saw for the past two months.

I didn't see it move like how some of them describe but about 2 or 3 of them saw a huge orange flare in the sky just like I did.

I'm thinking it's just a military test.

I assume I couldn't call the US military and ask them could I?

lightning ball?

>ufobc.ca/Sightings/recent_v2.htm

No it looked like a giant orange flare coming from the ground shooting directly into the sky.

>yes venus is very bright. And it would dissappear behind a cloud as you said.
Venus is bright compared to the stars. It's not going to be confused with the Moon.
Also, Venus is in a closer orbit to the Sun than the Earth, so at 2am it would be well below the horizon.

>cone of white light
>turns into red light
>flies away

you saw an aircraft

It was't some small object of light in the sky I've said this a dozen time.

It was a fucking huge ass orange flare shooting out of the ground

Since when is giant orange flame a cone of white light?

Sorry for your reading comprehension mate :^)

Then it was a large aircraft like an airliner.

Then it was red all along OP just has shit eyesight

It wasn't in the sky you motherfucker. When you see an aircraft in the sky you have to tilt your head up. I saw this directly ahead of me on the horizon coming off the mainland.

What direction was it in?

I was walking up a hill running parallel to the ocean. About a block away from Claremont Highschool.

Pic related is where I was standing.

The black line me is me standing strait ahead facing the ocean feet tipping the curb. The 3 lines are how far left I remember it being from that black line

Mars is closest to the earth then it has been in the past 11 years.

You saw mars. Dumb ass.

ayys

Pic is me in paint drawing to draw it. It was in that left shape for about 2-3 minutes maybe more since I stumbled upon it while walking. After a while of me just standing there it slowly turned into the pic on the right being covered by clouds which I thought was weird since I'm pretty sure the moon wouldn't even be there assuming I could see it that night (cloud cover, couldn't see a single star)
Eventually the clouds covered it completely but I kept watching it and evantually I could see the outline of mountains and above it parts of clouds and parts of night sky/horizon. There was still kinda a faintly orange glow.

Someone I talked to said it could be an aurora borealis type thing since were approaching the June solstice the effects of that kind of thing start to dip lower. But it wasn't wide and wavy it definitely looked liked something was shooting a ton of light out of the ground

For reference along the bottom I could see the mountain line dotting the horizon around it

military/corperate testing

I remember seeing a UFO years ago. Even then I was amused by how my own sighting occurred in a situation with no other witnesses or evidence.

I've basically accepted that I probably just hallucinated the whole thing randomly.

That's a flare you idiot.

Is there a gas or oil well out in that direction?

I doubt it. What OP described is exactly what a flare looks like, down to the color, shape, dissipating in a cloud (of smoke)