Is there a market for comfy books? No death, no epic adventure, no weird romance...

Is there a market for comfy books? No death, no epic adventure, no weird romance, just a comfy story about life in general.

I don't know many books like this but am very interested in writing something that goes into that direction.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_of_Green_Gables
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mud_(2012_film)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've heard that magic mountain by T-Mann is comfy.
>Cottage in the alps
I think

Tequila Mockingbird is the epic tone of what you're describing.

i started reading it in a barber shop on Adderall at around my 34th hour without sleep. great book so far at around 5 pages in.

and thats saying something, bc its a lot description. it starts with a train ride up through some mountains, and some description of whats going inside the guys head

Boy tales of childhood by Roald Dahl is very comfy.

tao lin books are like this

im looking for more too op

Sounds like the escapist fantasy I add a little bit to most days, but could you go on and define your ideal "comfy" book further?

I want a comfy book about being a rich little girl in the countryside.

You would love to lay claim to the understanding of the quality of something after reading 5 pages of it.

Go to sleep.

lay off it dude. he said "so far."

I'd like a comfy book about living a life of luxury amidst the desolation of a post apocalyptic future. Like Fallout: New Vegas after the Yes Man ending.

I'm curious as to what kind of plot your book would have.

There is plenty of self indulgent masturbatory plotless bullshit on the market but it isn't comfy.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_of_Green_Gables

They're not rich, but decidedly middle-class.

The (90s ?) cartoon is pretty comfy. Maybe it didnt catch on because everyone in it talks all fancy like.

I already watched that, user.

>comfyposters
kill yourselves

I would but I'm too relaxed in this recliner with a novel about a snow storm.

Would you be referring to something like the "slice of life" film genre? If so I would be interested in that as well.

Mud

Wat

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mud_(2012_film)

Nice

I guess so, just that slice of life movies are usually romances which I'm not looking for to write. If my story had some sort of romance, then it would be a very small part of it.

I found Phil Elverum's (of The Microphones) journal Dawn to be really comfy, though it may actually be considered anti-comfy. In the winter of 2002-3 Phil went to Norway and lived in a cabin to escape his life back in Washington. It's basically him reflecting on his life back home and past girlfriends and him talking about chopping firewood. The writing is better than I expected (lots of nature descriptions) and it's pretty short. No death or anything, just life in a Norwegian cabin in the winter.

try Earth Abides by George R. Stewart.

Franny & Zooey, Salinger

There is also an anime directed by Isao Takahata with help from Miyazaki.
Very comfy old anime core stuff.

Go to bed Tao

Read stories by Raymond Carver

Love that movie. One of my faves

Pnin might be perfect for you

>he went with anarchism rather than house and legion
Top cuck

Japanese and South American books are like this.

Murakami is probably considered a meme author here but his books can be pretty comfy.

Stoner was hella comfy.

Got any japanese recs?

Invisible Cities-Italo Calvino

Ulysses

If you are interested in South America literature try Jorge Amado.

The secret history by donna tartt is pretty much this

The magic mountain is comfy as fuck but it doesn't meet the conditions outlined by OP.Infact all three things that he mentions not to have are there.

>Captcha is mountains
>Tfw you will never be Hans Castorp

It's great. It's a sanatorium not a cottage.