Can one really sustaint a sleep cycle of around 2 - 4h?

Can one really sustaint a sleep cycle of around 2 - 4h?

Any experiences?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/future/story/20150706-the-woman-who-barely-sleeps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no, you're basically tired all the time instead of being rested all the time

source: me, occured to me naturally for several months. Destroyed my life.

umm I don't sleep more than 4-5 hours, ever.
but I don't do it on purpose, that's just how I sleep I don't need more than 4-5 hours of sleep.
when I was younger and I found out that my friends were sleeping for like 10 or more hours, I tried to sleep longer on purpose,
I would wake up after my usual sleep time which is like 4 to 5 hours and would go back to sleep, but I would wake up every +/- 30 min because I wasn't tired. I just cant sleep more than that.

yes I am sleeping like that since I can remember being alive and no I'm never tired.

Fuck that, can one really sustain a sleep cycle of 8 hours? I've slept 12-16 hours a night since I was a child. Please send help.

I can't even sustain a sleep cycle of 10 hours.

Fuck I'm jelly, I'm tired unless I sleep a good 8 hours which I never do

Why would you?
Stop browsing Veeky Forums; saved you 2 hours already. Stop watching TV and browsing facebook or whatever other unnecessary shit you do. There is no need to sacrifice sleep.

>Stop browsing Veeky Forums; saved you 2 hours already.
might as well stop doing everything so you have max time for sleep

sleep is the worst curse we are submitted to.

This.
How the fuck do people live with 6 hours sleep?
I need about 11 hours

One of my friends does. She feels tired all the time and her memory is terrible.

on your own yes you can , it can be great but very wierd at first
if you have a job\shit you gotta do\places you gotta be then fuck no.

when i was injured in the army i was home for half a year bored as fuck so i started doing polyphasic sleep up to 3\4 times a day. it was great and i got a ton of things done at home but the moment i had to drive around to a bunch of places and be busy for a day i felt like shit .

also this was when i was a bit younger and the army made me much more tolerant to not sleeping\quickly changing my sleep schedule .

Is the amount of sleep you need genetic?
Asians seem to do really well on 4-6 hours.
Although I do hear that in China it's common to take an afternoon nap

^This

An afternoon nap is common in everyone except white culture, and even then most people do sleep in the middle of the day if they can get away with it.

There's an interesting sleep-culture thing you can look up: supposedly it's common for to people wake up in the middle of the night for about an hour or so and walk around and do stuff. Only around 1900-1910 did it get turned into a medical problem because it was "normal" to sleep x many hours solid.

lucky guy, I fucking sleep 8-10 hours

Sleep is the body's time to reboot, become refreshed, and to heal itself. The mind relaxes during sleep, and memories are impressed into the long term.

Sleep is very important, AND it can be very nice. At the end of the day crawling into bed and falling into a deep sleep is one of the best feelings one can achieve.

Sleep is one of the best gifts we are given.

Fuck man, i have to toss around for like 6 hours(exaggeration) before actually sleeping

Stop crying, I sleep 14.

I did it in senior year of high school and didnt have much trouble.
Heard its genetic for some people.
bbc.com/future/story/20150706-the-woman-who-barely-sleeps

1. Func'g with 2H sleep?
--->Yes. The initial slump in cognitive and physical strength you feel within the first week or so of doing it is just your body's cellular memory tripping. You'll need, then, to reprogram your body.
2. It takes 21 days to rewire a habit in your brain, and another 70 days to make it automatic, to include muscle memory, and also to completely delete the old habit from your system.
3. Is it worth doing all these shit so you could sleep less?
--->Yes, and probably no. I mean, you could do so much, play more, see more, whatever. Everyone could use some extra time, just imagine how many game-of-thrones-like marathon you could have.

So, why no? Well, fucking biology, buzz kill as ever. A normal human being, ideally, needs to go through 4-6 sleep cycles in one night. Each cycle takes 90 minutes. Which means, you need a minimum of 6 hours to have a good sleep. It's important for two reasons.
I.) During the relaxation phase, when you can't move shit, blood goes to the deeper tissues. In essence, it's like you're vacuuming underneath the couch so the Dorito crumbs don't attract roaches. Translation, it's good against lactic acid build-up and, theoretically, provides anti-cancer components to your deeper tissues. This is also why sleep is the best anti-aging cream. This is also the reason why you have muscle and joint pain when you haven't slept much, coz the junk that should've been cleaned out are festering between your tissues and irritating your nerves, in a manner of speaking.
II.) You process information. Sooooo fucking important! It's hard to be organized when your head is cluttered = memory-loss. Sleep/depr'n is very personal and genetic, you did inherit the body you sleep in, so, you can't attach a fixed number to it. So how do you know you're sleep/depr'd? It's like being horny, you just know when you are, so pay fucking attention to your body, sleep/depr'n has been linked to more car crash than drinking.
Hope it helps...cheers.

I have sustained one of 4-6 hours for many months

Do you mean 2 hours several times a day? For a total of at least 6 hours? Yeah that works.

Or do you mean 2-4 hours in total for one day. If so, then no.

I slept ~2-4 hours a day for several months during my freshmen year in college.
I wanted to try it out and I thought it would give me more time to play games and/or be productive.

Overall, it was a terrible decision. I was always tired and I would occasionally oversleep causing me to be late to work.
I was also less efficient with my time when doing schoolwork than now when I get good rest (6-7 hours of sleep).

Overall, don't do it.