Is God falsifiable? How can we scientifically study God, if we can?

Is God falsifiable? How can we scientifically study God, if we can?

whats the point ? god isnt a theory , it dosnt make any measurable predictions and a universe with god is identical in every way to one without one .

Tell that to Schrodinger's cat
Technically, any one or thing over you that you require assistance from can be viewed as a god.

If god existed, I'd hate him even more, because he stole a rib and created women.

he didnt steal it. He made Adam himself at the start. So it was his own to begin with.

>can be viewed
that's the point
>a universe with god is identical in every way to one without one

religion does not try to explain the universe with mathematical models. It is a mentality on how to approach life.
Anyone who uses science to say religion was right or wrong about something is retarded.

your a retard.

absence of evidence actually fucking IS evidence of absence.

all humans reason
> if A then B. thus if B, A becomes more likely
literally you can't get through a 5 second period without applying the above "conclusion". This is how humans think, and there's good reasons to do it.

If I tell everyone Im omnipotent, but everytime someone asks me to demonstrate it I say "no, I dont feel like it", only a retard would believe that I actually am omnipotent, even though it's theoretically not impossible.

You are that retard.

>i don't know what science is so I'll call people retarded

unfalsifiable claims aren't false by default. they're just useless.

so if I tell you that Im omnipotent, you will neither belief nor disbelief that statement?

Are you also agnostic as to the existence of gravity, you turd eating autistic piece of smegma?

Retarded statements are false by default, because they are retarded.

As are you.

>literally you can't get through a 5 second period without applying the above "conclusion". This is how humans think, and there's good reasons to do it.
sorry mate, I'm rational. Unlike you apparently.

>If I tell everyone Im omnipotent, but everytime someone asks me to demonstrate it I say "no, I dont feel like it", only a retard would believe that I actually am omnipotent, even though it's theoretically not impossible.
God already showed us he exists, I don't need more proof. That's what faith is. You're delusional if you think God should "feel" he has anything to prove to us.

call me a retard all you want, it won't suddenly turn me into one like you.

you need to stop sperging out
something unfalsifiable isn't false by default, it's just useless. science can't give you statements about the "truth" of the universe, whatever you think that is. we can only collect local information about our observations and make models that fit them and hope to fit a slightly bigger locality.

>im rational
>God already showed us he exists

wow
it's amazing to have both kinds of blind believers in a single thread

as I said, religion does not mix with science. I can believe in god and draw logical conclusions from a set of premisses. I really don't see why that bothers you so much.

you can believe in whatever nonsense you want, and that's fine

but don't expect to come in here and say something as ridiculous as "God already showed us he exists" and have no one make fun of you

you can deny the evidence all you want, it's a matter of judgement. Allah is truly the greatest. Everyone has their appreciation for these things.

Take any breakthrough amount of entheogenic substance, such as DMT or psilocybin. Your consciousness will leave your body and reenter the more primary higher dimensional spaces in the Bulk from which we come from, reaching closer to the All/Godhead/Source.

typical religious nutjob
>I'm free to have my beliefs, science can't tell us about religion!
>but you're denying the evidence clearly!

everyone has their appreciation about what unfalsifiable nonsense is fashionable to accept. that doesn't mean you don't sound ridiculous.

>your a retard
Brilliant.

you sound even more ridiculous. You trust the words of someone who knows better than you when you like what you hear.

It's alright, but it doesn't mean you don't sound ridiculous. Typical atheist denialist nutjob.

Refute this niggas, or are you all greenpilled and in the closet about it because you're afraid the Veeky Forums community will send you bad vibes?

why do you instantly assume I'm an atheist?
stop sperging out and spitting nonsense.

It hasn't bothered me lol, I'm not researching Jesus, I'm researching chemistry. Also the Church almost single-handedly started our modern university system and has made numerous major advances in several fields, motivated by the desire to understand the universe.

>falsifiable

Stop reading popsci and read actual science textbooks.

>How can we scientifically study God, if we can

How can an AI scientifically study it's programmer? By analyzing any interaction/information he gives us.

We can't. End of story.

>If Einstein existed, I'd hate him even more, because he road on a faster than light train and didn't go back in time to kill Hitler..

>If Einstein existed, I'd hate him even more, because he rode on a faster than light train and didn't go back in time to kill Hitler..

>falsifiability is popsci now

>absence of evidence actually fucking IS evidence of absence.
what an absolute mug

wow that's dumb

It is along with repeatability.

This is what I don't get about the "problem" of evil. If God made mankind, how could it possibly be evil to kill off parts of it with tornados and shit?

it's not. What makes me laugh is people think a god would have the same logic as humans and the same very very limited knowledge.

God uses fuzzy logic