Veeky Forums is illogical

Veeky Forums is illogical.
Nothing "learned" here is retained.
This is a waste of time, a haven for the mentally ill.
Grow up, you are not stuck in your reputation, spend your time bettering yourself.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xHR-rzUjCzU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Believe me, we'd fucking love to.

Why don't you? I don't think I belong here...realistically, I have literally nothing holding me back in life.

Part of it is the fact that I reflexively start shitposting on Veeky Forums whenever I feel stressed or frustrated, and part of it is the fact that this idiotic website provides me with a sense of meaning and belonging I can't find in the real world.

You need to create your own meaning in life. When people say, "it will come in time," they are implying that when your stick to a disciplined schedule, through time, you will become successful and thus your life will have meaning. Successful people don't process thoughts with emotion, they use emotion as a tool to manipulate fools in order to gain capital.

this goes back to the 4th point in my original post, "Grow up, you are not stuck in your reputation."

then fuck off.
I like to help people.

if i need to construct meaning to suit my psychological needs, why is shitposting not good enough?
it gives me all the emotional gratification I desire without any real detriment to my body.

You insulted me, and then said,"I like to help people." I suppose my statement from the original post, "a haven for the mentally ill," is correct.

What is your goal? Do you even have any goals? How does Veeky Forums help you achieve your goals? Do you remember your name when you are looking at your comments on the computer?

It isn't only psychological, facing reality allows for so much upside potential physically and socially as well. Face reality. Declare, "MY NAME IS [ ],AND I WANT TO BE THE BEST VERSION OF MYSELF THAT I CAN BE."

ps. it fixes with the existential crisis. You can either buy into life or look at it from a satirical view. I promise you yo'll enjoy it more if you buy in 100%, but it must be 100% and no less.

So who are thy? Some kind of rational, logical, ubermensch? Let's face it your just as shit as most of the faggots here. Do you even do cognitive biases?

my goal is to feel physical and emotional pleasure more than i feel displeasure.
I achieve this by shitposting online and lifting weights.

why do i need to do whatever mumbo-jumbo you're rambling on about?
how can you declare that i'll enjoy your way of life more than i enjoy mine when you do not experience things the same way i do?
You come across as a very short-sighted and shallow minded person, and i'm glad we're separated by a veil of anonymity.

I do read Nietzsche. I do not do cognitive biases because there is no need for me to do so.

I disagree. Veeky Forums is a shitty board because of how elitist and autistic everyone here is, but it is MILES better than being part of an actual scientific community. Veeky Forums is an elitist circlejerk 75% of the time, and genuine learning and discussion 25% of the time. Have you ever tried joining a math or science club at university? It's worse than Veeky Forums, nothing valuable ever comes from it. It's an elitist circlejerk 100% of the time.

Veeky Forums is shit but in my experience it's the best option available. Also /int/ is an excellent board, but there are better /int/ boards available on other chans.

You, "shitpost," online and lift weights for no reason at all besides emotion. I feel no displeasure with life at all, unless I choose to. I'm leaving, this isn't worth my time. I came back to Veeky Forums in an attempt to give what I thought was the most logical board a reality check. I have learned that this forum is just like all of the others.

ego-stroking, yes. However, at university you can evaluate your sources. In an anonymous website, unless logical thought is used, almost nothing here can be confirmed...all theory.

the man who was trolled to death

"Grow up"

i'm sorry you can't understand that all choices are made b/c either you want the outcome or the experience or don't want the consequences. you can jump through as many hoops as you like, or perform whatever mental gymnastics are required to justify you choice in actions; but in the end, you do what you do b/c you wanted to.

if you really don't understand this, i recommend you spend more than 30 seconds thinking about it.

in the end, i snidely exposed you to different ways to view the world while you failed to come down from your petulant moral high-horse.

i'm going to go work on my research now b/c i want to feel good accomplishing my goals; or i could go drink with my friends b/c i want to enjoy a social environment. I can do whatever i want to b/c that's who i am.

get over yourself, my man. one day you'll understand people don't have to be like you.

Prove, "you can't understand that all choices are made b/c either you want the outcome or the experience or don't want the consequences. you can jump through as many hoops as you like, or perform whatever mental gymnastics are required to justify you choice in actions; but in the end, you do what you do b/c you wanted to."
Being social is a goal of mine, I schedule for it. I find it comical that you call me, "man." You have no idea what I am...your assumptions humor me.

If I were to appeal to your theories. Yes I am on my high horse, and I deserve to be up here. Don't try to drag me onto the floor while i'm attempting to help you up.

>Veeky Forums is illogical.
I'm happy for your lots.

>you are not stuck in your reputation
joke's on you
i've tricked my friends and fans into thinking i'm a legit experimental artist that lives the avant garde life

I really enjoy this site, good discussions and worse

did you ask for help?
no, you just came here to insult and reduce us.
Now gtfo, otherwise you are just projecting and everything you said in the OP is really just about you.

Are you going to cry?

If you subsist on the theory that this place is meaningless it leaves you asking what is meaningful, which I believe to be directly subjective.
I do not see any meaning besides faith in what is meant

I've proved that it is meaningless, therefore it is not a theory. Your words have little meaning.

"Nothing "learned" here is retained"
Well you sure proved that op is always a faggot, pretty sure everyone has that idea "retained"

emotion.

The way you phrased your response invokes the idea that your post or posts have any more meaning than mine, which I believe is incorrect. Nothing has meaning besides what you find in it

Your beliefs are irrelevant. Your ideas are meaningless to me. Anything on Veeky Forums is satire unless it represents logic.

>mfw humanistic scientists

OPs post is a blatantly unscientific statement.

Your idea of represented logic is meaningless to me, everything on Veeky Forums is absolutely hysterical and I make no attempt to take logic from any of it

Then why the fuck are you still here? We'll stay here, you leave, to each their own right?

>This is a waste of time

why are you here then?

Thanks based OP. Been trying to tell myself this for a couple days now. I hope you can do the same for yourself.

Later Veeky Forums.

I scheduled Veeky Forums into my day.

whatever you say, kid. whatever. you . say. On your deathbed remember this reality check.

OP here,
I'm glad that all of you are now using logic to combat me. If only you used it on something that matters.

sam?

>implying
The two things are not mutually exclusive user

OP is autist
i mean it, op is major autist
keep being autist op

Because eventually the chans become such an integral part of your life that it becomes very hard to leave.

Life is incredibly harsh, and we live in an unforgiving, isolating, alienated existence in which we can observe everything and participate in/do nothing. Our irrelevance and a lack of purpose means we need to devote ourselves to something, because we are not occupied by work or family.

Most of us here are highly intelligent, extremely curious and yet, we stay on this site because the world around us is a misery. There are significant economic, political and social changes occuring and we have no connection to most of the people around us. We are mere cogs within the wheel. So what the fuck do you expect? This place is anonymous as far as we are concerned. We can express how we truly feel. That doesn't necessarily mean that everyone has an individually unique opinion, but rather than the opinions they express and the people posting with them express match their own. We are in a sense, a community.

The only way to define one's self in the modern world is through a sense of achievement. But not everyone can be a grandiose leader, CEO or President. Anyone who isn't able to achieve that, finds themselves miserable because we are entirely valued by our achievement. Oh you are a doctor? Wow, Oh you are an engineer? Wow. Congratulations on your productivity.

We come here because this place has the humanity and honesty we all crave. The alienation is incredible and this is the reprieve of those griefs. Television, the newspaper and real people can often not match the feelings connect on here.

We were designed to work together with family and friends to ensure our survival. Now we visit family at Christmas out of courtesy and pretentiously drink with friends to discuss nothing of relevance.

Post-Modernism has much in store for us.

>spend your time bettering yourself

wtf does this honestly even mean? if i was a serial rappist, bettering would involve learning how to be a better rappist.

And if i'm becoming better at not bettering myself am bettering myself?

am i*

I'm frightened by the thought that you will be on your death bed and thing to yourself " I know everything nothing anyone thinks matters fuck all these bastards" and where I miss my "reality check" you just spoon feed yourself your own ego

Hang in there user

I cried user kun

then stop wasting precious Veeky Forums megabytes

How does one stop feeling bad about all the time one wasted with 25? Blabla second best time to plant a tree is now but even though it's illogical to feel bad about what you can't change my "heart" can't stop doing it. Especially when I see how accomplished other people my age and younger are. I feel like I need to try harder to catch up but I am actually less driven and smart than others so I should have actually started sooner.

How do you deal with this?

OP has no idea.

Maybe this path to bettering youself will bear fruit if you come from the upper middle class, as those are the only social groups who have any chance to succeed in today's world.

The middle class is crumbling. Those of us who weren't lucky enough to be surrounded with connections and social advantages are left to fend for ourselves in a hostile world. Depression , anxiety, and futility are the products.

I have labored for years on my education and it was all for nothing. Nobody cares. Nobody acknowledges my gifts. As far as they are concerned I am another pleb fit only to slave away in the mines or behind the cash register.

We live with this wonderful delusion that anybody can pull themselves up by their bootstraps. In another time maybe. As for now, the majority of people are set aside to be slaves in all but name.

The game is rigged. So why not shitpost about it on Veeky Forums?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xHR-rzUjCzU

OP here, take my advice or stay here and continue to be manipulated.

you have no credibility, neither do I.